- The Labour leader is able to leave isolation after two days amid the testing shambles - but it comes too late for him to host PMQs, with deputy Angela Rayner standing in
- Donny van de Beek impressed against Brighton (Picture: Getty)Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has suggested that Donny van de Beek could play as a left winger this season.The Dutchman is yet to start in the Premier League following his £40million arrival from Ajax in August but he’s been selected for both of United’s Carabao Cup fixtures in the last week.Van De Beek can play in all three positions in central midfield but he started as a no.10 in a 3-0 win against Bri
- Dani Ceballos has been used sparingly so far this term (Picture: Getty)Arsenal legend Ian Wright believes Mikel Arteta should deploy Dani Ceballos in a more advanced midfield role this season in order to unlock the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette.The Spaniard extended his stay at the Emirates by a further 12 months in August after Arsenal agreed a second one-year loan deal with his parent club Real Madrid.The midfielder is popular with supporters and he displayed his v
- A major Imperial College study has found the coronavirus R number is dropping as cases slow just a couple of weeks after Downing Street imposed the 'rule of six' law across England
- Queensland's border will remain closed to most of New South Wales for at least another month, Deputy Premier Steven Miles confirmed on Thursday.
- What’s happened to Disney Channel? (Picture:Rex/Disney)Disney Channel UK has been entertaining younger viewers over here for the past 25 years, bringing British viewers such treats as Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Wizards Of Waverly Place and the Descendants movies.However viewers tuning in today will find the channel absent from the airwaves – along with fellow channels Disney XD and Disney Junior.Just where has Disney Channel gone – and why is it no longer on air?Here&
- American Airlines CEO Doug Parker announced 19,000 workers would be furloughed beginning from Thursday. United said the impasse over a pandemic relief package has forced it to furlough 13,000 workers
- White rabbits, white rabbits… (Picture: Getty)With a new month upon us, a silver lining of working from home and social distancing might be that you weren’t rudely greeted with a pinch and a punch.Of course, we refer to a friendly pinch and punch for the first of the month – which is usually followed by saying ‘white rabbits.’But why exactly do people do this, and where did it originate?Why do we say ‘pinch, punch, first of the month’?Saying these quirk
- International Coffee Day just got a lot colder (Picture: Natasha Breen/REDA&CO/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)It’s International Coffee Day, the day where Father Coffee leaves macchiatos for little girls and boys all over the world under their coffee bean trees.Joking – it’s not quite that big. But we here at Metro.co.uk still take our coffee very seriously.Ever wanted to learn to make delicious, rich, mouth-watering coffee ice cream without breaking the bank on a
- ‘The immune system is one of the most complex and comprehensive systems in the human body’ (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Already starting to panic about flu season? You’re not alone.Do you need a flu jab? How can you tell the difference between flu symptoms and coronavirus? How can you boost your immune system ahead of winter?
There has been an intense focus on health and immunity this year thanks to Covid-19 and now everyone’s starting to think about how best to
- Mr Andrews used an old snap of a visit to Chisolm TAFE in 2018 in a post spruiking his education agenda on Wednesday. The picture shows the premier smiling alongside two apprentices.
Ivanka Trump says her father has 'kept more promises than he's made' and touts his economic policiesIvanka Trump, 38, was in Orlando on Wednesday to visit Asian Pacific volunteers for her father's campaign and discuss his achievements on stage in a 'fireside chat' at the Citrus Club.
- A fed up 'boomer' has left a sarcastic note in his neighbour's letterbox after he was kept up all night by a house party in one of Perth's most affluent suburbs.
- A haul of $2.5million in cash and cocaine has been uncovered by police in a bust in Sydney's CBD.
- Donald Trump has made no secret of his love of McDonald's food, but in a tweet aboard Air Force One, the US President suggested something in the fries might be helping to keep him from balding
- Australian borders have been on lockdown since March but now a holiday to Japan might soon be on the cards as the Asian nation looks to ease its travel restrictions ahead of the next year's Olympics.
- The mother suffered severe burns to her legs and was taken to the Royal Brisbane Hospital, while the father, 32, was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
- Joyce Echaquan, 37, from Manawan, Quebec, filmed Canadian hospital staff ininsulting her as she moaned in pain, momentsbefore she died.
- Home surveillance footage shows the heartbreaking moment six-month-old German Shepherd Mia being snatched from her siblings by a huge alligator in Lake Kathryn, Florida
- Jane Flemming, who competed in three Commonwealth and two Olympic games during the late 1980s and early 1990s, said transgender athletes were a safety risk to female competitors.
- President Donald Trump continued to lash out at debate moderator Chris Wallace during his rally Wednesday night in Duluth, Minnesota.
- Singing superstar Mariah Carey writes about her marriages to Tommy Mottola and Nick Cannon in her new memoir but does not find room for any mention of her onetime Australian fiance.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Thursday the arrangement will initially be only one-way, allowing Kiwis to fly across the Tasman.
Hawaii defense contractor charged with defrauding government out of $12.8m in coronavirus relief aidMartin Kao, a Hawaii-based businessman and CEO of federal defense contractor Navatek, has been arrested on charges of fraudulently obtaining $12.8 million in COVID relief loans.
- NSW Police released CCTV footage of the alleged thief, who pushed through automatic glass doors at the front of the George Street store, in the CBD, at 3.20am on Saturday.
- Restrictions on weddings in South Australia will be eased from midnight on Friday.
- Karen' swigged from a bottle of iconic state beer Victoria Bitter while publicising her untimely departure from 'Dantoria' for the boundless pastures of Queensland, in song.
- Scott Morrison made the confession after a weekend visit to the Adelaide Zoo.
- The Home Office has confirmed extra funding has been afforded to Operation Grange to continue the investigation in Madeleine McCann's disappearance until March 2021
- A 15-year-old Sydney schoolgirl accidentally burned her family home down after a fire erupted while she was trying to cook fried chips on Tuesday night.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!