In her first fully Spanish release, the LA-based artist offers a suck-it-and-see set with glimmers of promise If Ariana Grande is pop’s Barbarella, then Kali Uchis is surely its Pussy Galore. The Los Angeles-based 26-year-old specialises in slow-jam hybrids of shimmering soul, lipgloss-sticky funk, sugary R&B and syrupy trap-pop with (you get the consistency) a Y2K hyperreal sheen. Her EP from April this year didn’t sound that far off Grande’s Positi
- via theguardian.com
- The city was told the new move was 'necessary for the protection of life and property'. It comes hours after mayor Eric Garcetti told the almost four million people in rthe city limits to 'cancel everything'.
- The question was shared to Facebook by Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (RACQ) on Thursday giving drivers a chance to prove they know the road rules.
- An unknown man opened the driver's side door of the Toyota Echo parked in Brisbane and demanded the owner get out before punching him in the face, then dragged him out.
- Drinkers braved the cold for pints at England's pubs hours after the lockdown was lifted, with landlords setting up al fresco dining areas to accommodate the 'substantial meals'
- Prepared for an onslaught of customers, countless assistants mill around the aisles and a small queue winds through the building with shoppers keen to get their last minute bargains
- Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying speaking at a press conference in Beijing on Wednesday has denied Australian soldier images are doctored.
- Victorian Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton gained a cult following after appearing in the state's daily press conferences and became an unlikely sex symbol for thousands of Australians.
- Former president Barack Obama made a bold statement on Wednesday when he claimed he would be willing to take the coronavirus vaccination on live TV if it meant building trust in the drug.
- A Melbourne woman shared a video online on Thursday of a man sitting idly in his gold station wagon outside her Mitcham home, in the city's east.
- Sheriff's deputies shut down a Staten Island bar and arrested the owner. Danny Presti was led out in handcuffs after repeated warnings to stop serving customers indoors. Thousands protested.
- As Beijing's tone becomes increasingly belligerenttoward Australia concerns are being raised about the high level of Chinese ownership Down Under.
- Tumbling temperatures did not deter friends in Tier 2 areas such as London from meeting at bars and restaurants for the first time in a month.
- Dönüş Kılınç, from Istanbul, Turkey, died on the operating table at a private facility after being allegedly turned away from three hospitals because she had Covid
- President Trump is personally suing Wisconsin for 'unlawful and unconstitutional acts' during the presidential election in his latest legal bid to overturn Joe Biden's win in the state.
- Dozen of local hikers made the trek to the top of the mountain in Atascadero to snap a photo with the pillar, which mysteriously showed up on Wednesday.
- The remote beachside community of Broome is marketed as an idyllic getaway for travellers in search of a remote paradise, but locals say the reality is far more grim.
Coronavirus live news: US sees highest daily deaths since April; French ex-president dies of Covid complicationsvia theguardian.comValéry Giscard d’Estaing was 94 and served as France’s leader from 1974 to 1981; US suffers highest daily deaths since April; Spain caps parties at 10 peopleFormer French president Valéry Giscard d’Estaing dies aged 94Beware fake coronavirus vaccines, says InterpolRural US hospitals ravaged by surge in casesUS braces for Covid surge after Thanksgiving holidays 2.50am GMT Mexico’s health ministry on Wednesday reported 11,251 new confirmed cases of coronavirus
- Hector Enrique Valencia Valencia (right), 21, returned to Australia last week to face chargesof murdering Kimberley McRae, 69, in her apartment in Coogee on January 8, 2020.
- Dozens of workers in face masks were seen lining up on the tarmac at Nicolau Lobato International Airport in Dili on Wednesday.
- Twitter took to social media to share memes mocking Trump for holding visual graphics during a bizarre video that he posted on Facebook where he called for the election to be 'overturned'.
- Esther Dingley, who went missing on a trek in the Pyrenees, posted on Facebook how she'd accepted a lift from a fellow hiker in the days before she went missing, with French and Spanish police said to be keen to track him down
- New car sales have increased for the first time since early 2018 as bans on overseas holidays caused a surge in SUV sales. The number of Toyota Prados leaving showrooms has doubled.
Woman running in Beaconsfield, Melbourne attacked by kangaroo thanks to Sarah Jessica Parker perfumeTracy Noonan occasionally sees kangaroos while out running in Beaconsfield, about 44km south-east from Melbourne.
- Nathan John Verner was given a suspended sentence on Wednesday in Maroochydore District Court, in Queensland, after pleading guilty to carnal knowledge offences from 2017.
- 'Your grandpa and I are coming to terms with the prospect of Christmas alone in Windsor'
- The former professional footballer, 45, was given greying locks, age spots and wrinkles in the Malaria Must Die, So Millions Can Live campaign on Wednesday.
- Almost 170 Royal Navy sailors serving aboard HMS Vengeance, based in Scotland's Faslane base, were taken off days before a deployment.
- A suspected car thief was arrested after falling 'neck-deep' in a slurry pit, in a bid to escape from the police.The incident took place in Wartling, East Sussex on November 28.
- Jack Stenner, 33, is continuing his job as Sadiq Khan's director of political and public affairs despite being eight time zones behind his boss.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!