- The Gunners are light in midfield and have been targeting the Brazilian (Pictures: Getty Images)Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has dealt a blow to Arsenal’s hopes of signing Arthur Melo on loan by stating he expects the Brazilian to remain part of his squad.The Gunners are looking to bring in a new midfielder before the end of the January transfer window after Mikel Arteta conceded his squad were suddenly ‘very short’ in the middle of the pitch.Ainsley Maitland-Niles was al
- Tory peer Ruth Davidson, who successfully campaigned against Scottish independence in 2014, said the Prime Minister is in a 'perilous situation' ahead of Sue Gray's 'Partygate' report.
‘What’s your problem with me?’ – Alize Cornet loses it with Australian Open umpire in heated exchangeAlize Cornet was not happy with the umpire’s time violation (Picture: Michael Errey/AFP via Getty Images)Alize Cornet lost her cool with chair umpire Katarzyna Radwan-Cho in a tense exchange during her Australian Open win over Tamara Zidansek.The French star came from one set and two breaks down to win 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, against the No.29 seed to setup a fourth round meeting with Simona Halep.But the match wasn’t short of drama as she clashed with the umpire during the opening set.With t
- Woolworth workers have shared their stories of the 'disgusting' half-eaten food they have found around stores and slammed littering customers for endangering staff's health.
- William Wragg will meet a Scotland Yard detective in the House of Commons (Picture: Getty Images)The senior Tory backbencher who accused No 10 of ‘blackmailing’ MPs seeking to oust Boris Johnson will meet police to discuss his claims.William Wragg said he will speak to a Scotland Yard detective in the House of Commons early next week, raising the prospect of a criminal investigation.
The disclosure came after Downing Street said it would not be mounting its own inquiry into the claim
- Roy Robinson was attending his dentist for a routine appointment on the morning of January 10 when he became lifeless and was rushed to Tameside General Hospital
- When the country was plunged into its first lockdown in spring 2020, the abuse Louise* had been suffering at the hands of her husband plumbed a new low. He was in their home constantly, and the short break she could get from her once-daily permitted exercise provided the only respite from his campaign of control and violence.On one occasion, when she’d returned home from a run in the warm sunshine and had taken a shower, Louise went to put her bra on. Seconds later she dropped it, aft
- It's four years today that Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank announced to the world that they were to marry - and Jack's nan had an unusual response to the happy news
- The impact of It’s A Sin, a year on (Picture: Channel 4)It’s been exactly one year today since It’s A Sin crash-landed onto British television, forever transforming the landscape of LGBT voices both past and present, shaping our future like nothing before it. The world finally paid attention to the ongoing HIV pandemic which runs through the LGBT community when Russell T. Davies’ blistering drama launched on Channel 4, following a group of gay people looking forward
- Emma and Jade have been together for over 20 years, getting married in 2021 alongside their four children (Picture:Getty)Movies and romance novels may have us believe that love at first sight is the norm, grossly overinflating the number of kismet moments a person has in their life.Looking at the couples we know, however, we see that they rarely began with magical meet-cutes and instantaneous passion, and that there’s no one way to create a successful relationship.Emma Bunton spoke about h
- A close encounter (Picture: BBC)There’s danger for Faith (Kirsty Mitchell) in tonight’s Casualty, which starts when she goes on a night out with Stevie (Elinor Lawless) and picks up a man in a club.Faith seems ready to move on following Lev’s death. After Stevie encouraged her to get back on the dating scene a few episodes ago, Faith says she’s up for more of the same. She even makes Stevie cancel a planned quiet night with Matthew (Osi Okerafor) so they can go out clubbi
Anthony Martial’s failed Manchester United career symbolises the club’s decline and Wayne Rooney is a gamble worth taking for EvertonIf you were looking for a single figure to sum up Manchester United’s malaise in the last decade, you wouldn’t be short of options.From a deadline day dash to sign Marouane Fellaini in 2013 to the £6m loan signing of Radamel Falcao, United have made blunder after blunder since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement.But while there’s been countless failures, nobody quite symbolises United’s decline quite like Anthony Martial.The Frenchman arrived at Old Trafford in 201
- Johnny Knoxville stunned Sami Zayn on SmackDown (Picture: WWE)Johnny Knoxville brought a taste of Jackass to WWE SmackDown this week as he attacked Sami Zayn with a cattle prod.The legendary stunt performer – who will be part of the 2022 Men’s Royal Rumble match on January 29 – has been feuding with the former Intercontinental Champion in recent weeks, and things got dialed up on Friday night.Sami came out for the second edition of InZayn, his way of trying to match up to the J
- Tyneham in Dorset was inhabited for over 1000 years until the villagers were forced to move in 1943 for the war effort - now the army uses it as a firing range
- Allesha Barnfield, from Highfields, South Yorkshire, could become paralysed or internally decapitated at any moment, due to a rare condition which is pulling her brain into her spinal canal
- Inflation hit a near 30-year-high of 5.4% in December, and insurance, borrowing costs, and food prices are rising. From April, 22 million households will see their energy bills go up
- Emergency crews discovered convicted child killer Heidi Strbak, 38, at the bottom of a flight of stairs at a Gold Coast residence suffering severe head injuries.
- Malik Faisal Akram's demands 'clearly met the definition of terrorism,' according to the FBI, after the British national entered a Texas synagogue and taking Jewish congregants hostage.
- Journalist Bari Weiss said life need to return to normal and restrictions end. Weiss suggested that remote learning is having a negative effect on children's mental health.
- Amelia King, 42, told a school board meeting on Thursday, during a discussion of face masks in school, that 'I will bring every single gun loaded and ready'. On Friday she was charged.
- Seth Rollins name dropped Jon Moxley on SmackDown (Picture: WWE)WWE superstar Seth Rollins directly referenced All Elite Wrestling’s Jon Moxley on SmackDown this week.The Visionary name dropped the man formerly known as Dean Ambrose – who returned to in-ring action on AEW Rampage just a couple of hours later – as he insisted they carried Roman Reigns during the trio’s time together in The Shield.Interestingly, he didn’t use the star’s WWE name as he instead cl
- Bragg on Friday joined a private Zoom meeting with members of the Partnership for New York City, as he continues his public relations junket in a bid to soothe concerns over his policies.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has reportedly been involved in a ‘bad crash’ (Pictures: AP / KABC)Arnold Schwarzenegger has been involved in a ‘multi-car crash’ that resulted in a woman being hospitalised, it has been claimed.The Terminator actor, 74, was pictured at the scene on Sunset Boulevard on Friday afternoon, in LA.According to TMZ, his car collided with a Prius and his SUV ended up ‘on top’ of the other car.His car then rolled into a Porsche – with an ey
- Bernard Tomic's little sister, Sara, has grown up and appears to have swapped her rackets for a life of luxury labels and partying with adult entertainers on Australia's Gold Coast.
WWE SmackDown results, grades: Roman Reigns attacks Seth Rollins and gets The Usos barred from Royal Rumble title matchRoman Reigns took things into his own hands (Picture: WWE)Roman Reigns attacked Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins on WWE SmackDown and ended up getting The Usos barred from ringside for the Universal Championship match at the Royal Rumble.The Tribal Chief lost his cool in the main event and laid out his former friend, giving him as a win via disqualification which meant Jimmy and Jey can’t get involved in their title bout on January 29.The night kicked off with The Bloodline heading to th
- Following the suggestions that both Princes Andrew and Harry are in danger of losing their elite roles as Counsellors of State, the Mirror takes a look at some of the other high-profile royals to have been given the boot from The Firm and why they lost their titles
Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) has been struggling to cope under the pressure of keeping a huge secret from her partner Craig Tinker (Colson Smith), and upcoming Coronation Street scenes will see her tell him the truth.
As viewers know, Faye was driving home with Emma Brooker (Alexandra Mardell) on New Year’s Day, when she knocked down a pensioner named Ted.Ted seemed fine in the after
- The Prime Minister is facing calls to quit from mutinous Tories as he awaits the results of Sue Gray's inquiry into lockdown-breaking parties - which could determine his future
DeSantis declines to say if he got booster shot after Trump calls Florida Governor's silence gutlessRon DeSantis refused to answer if he had received a COVID booster shot on Friday, after Donald Trump called politicians who don't publicly disclose their booster shot status 'gutless.'
- The 32-year-old French veteranhad been preparing to serve when the chair umpire pinged her for a time violation during a match against Tamara Zidansek on Saturday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!