- English professor and author Joyce Carol Oates made the eyebrow-raising statement on Twitter on Thursday, while commenting on people's attitude towards the coronavirus pandemic.
- Rescuers who have spent a week scouring the Pyrenees for 'van life' blogger Esther Dingley, 37, from Durham, have concluded that she is no longer in the mountains, her partner has revealed.
- Matthew Erausquin is the founding partner of Consumer Litigation Associations and an Air Force veteran based in Virginia. He was taken into custody last week.
- EXCLUSIVE: Susanna Codd made five 10,000-mile round-trips to a Washington clinic for three rounds of IVF after finding love in her 40s inspired her to go the extra miles - literally - for the family she had always dreamed of
- The 80-year-old German mine was deployed off the Scottish coast by a submarine and according to Royal Navy demolition experts the munition was in 'pristine condition' despite its age.
- Around 10,000 football fans in London, Carlisle, Shrewsbury and Cambridge flocked to sports stadiums which have stood empty during the pandemic to enjoy a night of sport,
- Cuomo warned at a press briefing Wednesday the state is entering a 'dangerous' period as hospitalizations hit 3,925, up 150 in a single day.
- The victim, who has not been named, died at the scene in Ely, Cambridgeshire. Two men and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder, while another woman has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender
- After dropping as much as 11 percent in early trading, Salesforce stock ended the session down 8.9 percent following a rare downgrade from Citi Research analyst Walter Pritchard.
- EXCLUSIVE: Kujo Frei, 24, gardener for Helena Bonham Carter's mother, shouted abuse at crew and passengers on a flight to Heathrow after taking Xanax
- A hotel quarantine worker has tested positive to COVID-19, ending New South Wales' 25-day virus free streak.
I’m A Celebrity 2020: Russell Watson reveals he almost pulled out of Rancid Rotisserie trial as it reminded him of ‘petrifying’ MRI scansRussell Watson found the Rancid Rotisserie trial reminded him of undergoing MRI scans (Picture: ITV)Russell Watson has revealed he almost pulled out of a trial on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! because it reminded him of ‘petrifying’ MRI scans that he had to undergo while being treated for brain tumours.On Tuesday evening, tenor Russell and EastEnders star Jessica Plummer became the next two contestants to be eliminated from the ITV competition.The day before, Russ
- The PlayStation 5 is calling… (pic: BT)The most reliable source of PS5 pre-orders in the UK has got stock back in again, but they’re not saying when you’ll be able to buy it.PlayStation 5 pre-orders were pretty much a disaster the first time round, with Sony giving no warning that they’d start and multiple retailer websites falling down under the strain.Things were only a little better on launch day, with one of the only reliable sources being BT – who seemed to ha
- Ben Miller is making a return to Death in Paradise (Picture: BBC)Ben Miller is set to make a shock return to Death in Paradise after he was killed off in series three.But, how you ask? Well, we are wondering the same thing.Ben, who played DI Richard Poole in the BBC cop drama, left the series after his character got murdered by one of his former university friends.The detective met his horrific ending after being killed with an ice pick, although, in true Richard fashion, he even helped his form
- EXCLUSIVE: Dennis Banfield has put his time in lockdown to good use by creating a beautiful Christmas crib and donating to his local church - while happily surfing the web for tools and watching YouTube videos
- Attorney Lin Wood held a 'press conference' in Atlanta on election fraud claims where he told supporters Donald Trump called him and said he would 'never concede' to Joe Biden.
Coronation Street spoilers: Geoff Metcalfe destroys Elaine Jones in horrific scenes to stop her saving Yasmeen(Picture: ITV)Geoff Metcalfe (Ian Bartholomew) stopped by the hospital to terrorise Elaine Jones (Paula Wilcox) in Coronation Street tonight (December 2) in an effort to stop her from testifying in court.
The highly-anticipated trial kicked off in tonight’s double-bill, and Geoff wasted little time in painting Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King) as a violent alcoholic.The abuser thought he’d succeeded in getting the upper hand — that is, until Imran Habeeb (Charlie de Melo) started cr
- Nurse paramedic died of Covid a month after treating a patient who had the virus, with colleagues convinced that was how she contracted the disease (Pictures: WISN)A nurse who also worked as a paramedic has been killed by coronavirus her colleagues are convinced she caught from one of her patients. Captain Kelly Raether, 42, was killed by Covid-19 last Thursday, a month after a call out to the Covid patient’s home in Ixonia, Wisconsin.Raether, who worked with her local fire department, was
- Jenny Ryan has been helping Darragh Ennis out (Picture: ITV)The Chase star Darragh Ennis has revealed he’s been supported by Jenny Ryan after being trolled online.The new quizzer made his first appearance on the ITV game show last month, joining Jenny ‘The Vixen’, Anne ‘The Governess’ Hegerty, Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett, Shaun ‘The Dark Destroyer’ Wallace and Paul ‘The Sinnerman’ Sinha.Darragh shared his co-star Jenny has had h
- Bob Underhill, 84, and wife Patricia, 82, were finally able to hug and kiss after months without physical contact (Picture: Reuters)An elderly husband and wife cruelly forced apart by the pandemic were finally able to cuddle for the first time in nine months.Bob Underhill, 84, was overcome when he was reunited with wife Patricia, 82, who has Alzheimer’s, as the couple shared a tearful kiss through face masks today.Patricia has been living in a care home in London since March after breaking
- British Airways is sending its final Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets to museums as the airline completes the retirement of its iconic wide body aircraft. The Queen of the Skies is the latest victim of Covid-19.
- So many great shows got axed by the Netflix in 2020 (Picture: Netflix)2020 has been a great year for Netflix’s original content, but it has also seen fans say goodbye to some much loved TV shows.Fans were devastated to learn shows like Glow, The Society and Altered Carbon would not be making a return to the streaming service.Even well-received projects such as Next In Fashion and Patriot Act with Hasan Minaj have failed to make to cut as we look ahead to 2021.The unexpected coronavirus pan
- The Global Times, a mouthpiece for the communist government, has published multiple editorials taking aim at Australia and its fast deteriorating trade relationship with Beijing.
- Jacqui Lambie has accused the ADF top boss of 'throwing diggers under the bus' and claims the 'truth will come out' in the wake of the bombshell report on alleged war crime in Afghanistan.
- Is that a PS5 under there? (pic: Getty Images)A new PS5 or Xbox Series X might be top of many people’s Christmas lists but what present do you get them if that’s not possible?It’s never easy buying presents for a gamer, especially as the increased use of digital downloads means there’s often nothing to wrap up and put under the tree. But this year has an additional problem: the next generation consoles.The release of the new formats poses the question of not only which on
- The Transportation Department issued a new ruling on the Air Carrier Access Act Wednesday stating that emotional support animals will no longer be considered as service animals on flights.
- Snaps of Salma al-Shimi were branded "provocative and offensive" when they were shared on social media last week - but her arrest in Egypt sparked a huge backlash
- Mark Kelly was sworn in as Arizona's new senator Wednesday and will serve out the rest of the late Republican Senator John McCain's term - decreasing Republicans' majority to 52-48.
- Kayleigh McEnany's husband was at her press briefing, watching her from the back of the room, and then got into a fight with President Donald Trump's favorite photographer for not wearing a face mask.
- EXCLUSIVE: Former constable Adrian Pogmore was jailed in 2017 for using South Yorkshire police’s air support unit's £2 million helicopter to spy on Tracy Dixon in her garden
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!