Joe Wicks addresses calls for him to receive knighthood a year after lockdown PE classes: ‘I could never imagine it’Joe Wicks reached more than 100million people worldwide with his workouts (Picture: PA)Joe Wicks is as humble as you’d expect about the mounting calls for him to receive a knighthood for his incredible work during the coronavirus pandemic. The Body Coach guru inspired young people across the country to keep active during the first lockdown in March 2020 when schools shut down. His first PE With Joe class hit the ground running attracting a staggering 2.3million viewers in the first fe
Matt Smith returns to TV for first time in four years as he makes surprise Alan Partridge appearanceMatt Smith took on Alan Partridge and thrilled fans with his surprise appearance (Picture: BBC)Matt Smith made a surprise appearance on This Time With Alan Partridge, as his character took on the incompetent broadcaster.The Doctor Who actor played a writer who had taken aim at Alan’s show, only to regret his decisions when Alan, played by Steve Coogan, started dropping references to a presenter Matt’s character was having an affair with.
‘You could be investigating things that
- Longwas ‘the very person that the victims in this case should have been able to turn to’, a judge said (Pictures: Liverpool Echo)A security guard has been jailed for groping two teenage girls at a funfair.Paul Long, 61, trapped a girl on a Waltzer ride and slapped the bottom of another while he gave her first aid.The girls, aged 14 and 15, were put through the ordeal of reliving the attacks as they gave evidence at Liverpool Crown Court where Long was convicted of two counts of sexua
Coronation Street spoilers: Jenny Connor is confronted by Ronnie Bailey’s wife – as they have an affair?Awkward! (Picture: ITV)Jenny Connor (Sally Ann Matthews) and Ronnie Bailey’s (Vinta Morgan) connection will be looked at in upcoming Coronation Street episodes as it’s clear there is chemistry between them both.But when Ronnie’s wife Kat (Melissa James) arrives, will Jenny’s hopes of a new relationship be short lived?Ronnie suggests to Jenny she could come with him to pick up Ed’s (Trevor Michael Georges) campervan and Daisy (Charlotte Jordan) clocks their intimacy.
- Mark Watts, 54, was told he had a benign tumour called an Acoustic Neuroma in November 2019 before doctors discovered a growth in partner Azanith, 39, in June 2020
- Ethan Nordean, who describes himself as 'sergeant-at-arms' for the Proud Boys Seattle chapter, is among 400 others who have been arrested in connection to the attack on the Capitol.
- 'Squad' members came under fire this week for comments about the conflict between Israel and Hamas, with Rep. Ilhan Omar calling Israel's attacks an 'act of terrorism.'
- Peter Irwin was rushed to hospital nine days after testing positive on January 1 this year, only to spend four months in hospital and coming close to death three times
- Hospitality businesses have reported a surge in bookings as Covid restrictions are set to ease next week and pubs said they expect to serve three million pints on Monday alone.
- Dr. Sohyla Mohamed (pictured), 36, of Harborne, Birmingham was supplied the bogus documents by a friend, who downloaded them from the internet.
- Met Police officer PC Jack Wood, 26, has been found guilty of assaulting a punter with his baton before he and colleague Archie Payne, 26, threw a second man to the ground outside an Essex pub
- The change comes as the nation moves into the next phase of its lockdown roadmap, the Department of Health and Social Care said, with named visitors allowed to attend two at a time or separately in updated guidance
- Several women who helped recruit teenage age girls and young women for Jeffrey Epstein claim he took advantage while they were struggling for money or estranged from family.
- Colombian drug trafficker Román Narváez pleaded guilty Wednesday in a New York federal court to trafficking five tons of cocaine to the United States.
- Romesh Rangathan made a dig at Noel Clarke after the allegations (Picture: BBC)Romesh Ranganathan has taken aim at Noel Clarke after the allegations against him, as he took on the hosting spot on Have I Got News For You.
The Doctor Who and Viewpoint actor has faced allegations of misconduct, including sexual harassment and bullying from 20 women, which he has vehemently denied.His Bafta membership was suspended, the final episode of Viewpoint was pulled from broadcast on ITV, and Sky announced i
- Dimitar Berbatov looks ahead to a packed week of action.The penultimate weekend of the Premier League season is here with battles for European qualification taking centre stage.With Chelsea and Leicester City competing in the FA Cup final, Liverpool have the chance to move within a point of the top four when they head to already-relegated West Brom.West Ham United have slipped in that particular race but can keep the pressure on the sides above them against Brighton.Tottenham and Everton are als
- Veteran British cave diver John Volanthen can still summon up the disbelief he felt when he found the boys trapped for ten days in the labyrinth of caves in Tham Luang, Thailand.
- AMANDA PLATELL: Harry suggests he suffered so much at the hands of his family that he does not want to inflict similar anguish upon his own children.
- The Prime Minister said on Friday evening that second doses of vaccines will be accelerated for the over-50s and the clinically vulnerable across the country
- Online detectives claimed to have found Joe Biden's secret Venmo account on Friday, saying they also found his network of relatives, friends and allies within 10 minutes.
- Mr Poots vowed to be the ‘authentic voice’ of unionism as he was elected as the new leader the DUP (Picture: PA)Northern Ireland agriculture minister Edwin Poots has been elected as the new leader of the Democratic Unionist Party.Mr Poots will replace Arlene Foster, who announced her resignation last month and steps down at the end of June.The Lagan Valley MLA defeated the DUP’s Westminster leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson by 19 votes to 17 in the poll carried out within the party&
Gogglebox stars ridicule Dragons’ Den nose filter that looks like a ‘beak’: ‘What the f*** is that?!’The stars of Gogglebox were in shock over the ‘beak’-like product (Picture: Channel 4)The stars of Gogglebox couldn’t believe their eyes as they watched a business for peculiar-looking nose filters make its way onto Dragons’ Den, with Izzi Warner asking if it’s a ‘beak’.On the latest episode of BBC’s Dragons’ Den, an entrepreneur called Carina faced the Dragons to ask for a £50,000 investment for a 2.5% stake in her Nosy invention, a no
- The mother, who is filming the video, mentions how she went to the school to express her concerns about the alleged bullying to no avail, leading to this beatdown.
Police ran a cow over after it attacked a Tesco shopper and injured an officer who was taken to hospital. Thames Valley Police is coming under heavy criticism for alleged animal cruelty after officers drove into the cow.The incident came after the animal escaped from a farm and brought traffic on the busy A329 in Wokingham to a halt on Thursday evening.The westbound carriagewa
- The shocking assaults, which sent four victims to the hospital, are the latest of 15 assaults on the subway system this weekand appear to part of the epidemic of violence that has gripped New York City.
- TOM LEONARD: Roy Halston Frowick was once acclaimed as America's greatest fashion designer, specialising in minimalist designs in luxury fabrics.
- President Joe Biden was revealed to be a man who takes a long time in making a decision, will drop an obscenity when frustrated and the more detail, the better.
- The Government needs to explain why India was put on the travel red list two weeks after Pakistan and Bangladesh were – despite being the source of the Covid ariant
- Conor Seaborn, from Colchester, Essex, walked outside to find that his Ford Mondeo had been targeted by a company chasing a parking fine - and decided to take action
- Of 315 local areas in England, 59% have seen a rise in coronavirus rates in the past week, as Boris Johnson warns surges driven by the Indian variant could threaten hopes of a June 21 unlocking
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!