- House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-SC, says he doesn't think there are currently 17 Republicans to convict President Trump in a Senate impeachment trial.
- The US President has made tackling the coronavirus pandemic a priority after his predecessor Donald Trump largely played the crisis, which has killed more than 400,000 Americans, down
- American military spies from the Defense Intelligence Agency have been buying US citizens' location data collected by smartphone apps without a warrant, according to an unclassified memo.
- Women prisoners will be allowed to have their children sleep over in purpose-built cells as they prepare for release. The Ministry of Justice has announced an extra 500 cells in existing prisons.
- AstraZeneca has warned EU countries it will cut deliveries of its Covid-19 vaccine is another blow to Europe's vaccination drive after Pfizer Inc and partner BioNTech SE slowed supplies of their vaccine.
- Ghost Of Tsushima – the PS4 goes out with a bang (pic: Sony)A reader explains why PS4 exclusive Ghost Of Tsushima is his favourite game of last year and why he prefers it to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.2020 was clearly a different and difficult year in lots of ways, leaving many seeking sanctuary in gaming. Perhaps then it shouldn’t be, on reflection, a surprise that one of the gaming success stories of the year was Ghost Of Tsushima. More by accident than design Ghost Of Tsushim
- Uncharted 2 – hang on! (pic: Sony)GameCentral readers discuss the most annoying cliches in gaming, from QTEs to boss battles and red barrels.The subject for this week’s Hot Topic was suggested by reader Gannet and covered anything from gameplay mechanics to game design to character and story moments or just anything else that annoys you about modern games.We had plenty of suggestions but many of theme were connected to boss fights and cut scenes, with many also complaining that moder
- The Last Of Us Part 2 – quite a story (pic: Sony)A reader finally gets play The Last Of Us Part 2 and is impressed by its graphics, its storytelling, and its message.I’ve just finished The Last Of Us Part 2 and it was such a brilliant experience it has inspired me to write in with a few thoughts. I’ll start by saying that I thought it was a really tremendous experience. An absolute thrill to play through but one which I very nearly gave up on before the game really started.I pl
- All businesses in New South Wales have made it mandatory for customers to 'check in' upon arrival but many are forgetting to 'check out'.
- Samuel Fisher, 35, from New York City and Patrick Steadman, 32, from New Jersey, were arrested this week over the January 6 riots. Both men ran websites promoting pickup advice.
- Harry Redknapp is embroiled in a row with residents over plans to build homes in a coastal suburb. The proposal has been submitted by Pierfront Developments, owned by the ex-manager.
EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Prince Andrew's Dragons' Den-style project [email protected] makes £1.2million profitEDEN CONFIDENTIAL: No one has a good word to say in public about Prince Andrew these days, but behind the scenes he's quietly demonstrating his business prowess.
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Her endearing performance helped Netflix comedy Emily In Paris become one of lockdown's guilty pleasures, but Lily Collins will soon have a happy ending in real life.
- A yellow weather warning of snow and ice covering large swathes of the UK has been issued by the Met Office, which is due to be in place through to Saturday morning
- A psychic who uses asparagus to predict the future has claimed the Australians will be able to travel to the UK, and vice versa, by June this year.
- The survival shelter was prepared for volunteers to monitor the aftermath of a nuclear attack and consists of a 14ft access shaft, toilet and monitoring room
- Cash-strapped councils in England made a profit of almost £900million last year through parking charges and penalty fees, according to analysis of the latest figures. They made £28 a second.
- The DfT said £760 million will support the next phase of East West Rail to reinstate services between Bicester, Oxfordshire and Bletchley, Buckinghamshire for the first time since 1968.
- The BBC has been called 'heartless' after pressuring hundreds of thousands of over-75s to pay for a TV licence as the Covid-19 pandemic deepened.
- Katie Price has been fighting to get ‘Harvey’s Law’ passed (Picture: Rex; Katie Price/Instagram)Katie Price is said to be ‘over the moon’ as the police are reportedly ‘moving forward’ with a case against an online troll who targeted her son Harvey.A man, who was arrested in November last year, used blackface and appeared to mock Harvey in the video before it was taken down.
Katie, 42, shared the video, which saw a woman pretending to be her say: ‘I
- The 38-year-old is the third AFL player to be diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), with the condition only able to be identified after death.
- The wife of Karl Stefanovic, Jasmine, was reportedly left distraught and in a flood of tears after a group of men hurled a barrage of vulgar insults at her in a swanky Sydney venue.
- The jackpot for the Mega Millions lottery game has grown to $1 billion ahead of Friday night's drawing after more than four months.
- (Picture credit: BBC)Unlucky-in-love Billy Mitchell will lose his temper on next week’s EastEnders when he finds out that Jay (Jamie Borthwick) and Honey (Emma Barton) have been continuing their romance in secret.‘There’s a lot of anger there. He’s just furious,’ reveals actor Perry Fenwick. ‘It’s almost like he’s being patronised by Jay and Honey. They’re the two closest people to him in the world, and they’ve decided that they fancy e
- Glastonbury has been cancelled for the second year in a row (Picture: REX/Getty Images)Glastonbury co-organiser Emily Eavis has expressed her hope that livestreamed events will be able to go ahead this year amid the festival’s 2021 cancellation.This week, it was announced that Glastonbury Festival had been called off for the second consecutive year due to the coronavirus pandemic.In a statement from the festival’s creator Michael Eavis and his daughter Emily, they said: ‘With g
- Dr Hasan Gokal has been charged with stealing a vial that contained nine doses from a vaccination site with police saying it meant vulnerable people could not get the jab
- A farmer has found an adorable house guest in her kitchen cupboard, and kindly offered the visitor a classic Aussie biscuit, which was accepted graciously, on her farm in the Australian bush.
- The federal governmentreleased a 40-page report of an investigation into Christine Holgate's decision to give the watches to four staff in November 2018.
‘What a player!’ Jack Wilshere raves about Arsenal duo Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe and makes exciting Mikel Arteta claimJack Wilshere has hailed Arsenal duo Emile Smith Rowe and Bukayo Saka (Picture: Sky Sports)Jack Wilshere has hailed Arsenal duo Emile Smith Rowe and Bukayo Saka and claims Mikel Arteta is ‘building something special’ at the Emirates.The 29-year-old, who signed a short-term deal with Bournemouth this week, was asked about his former club in a Q&A on Twitter.Wilshere spent almost two decades at Arsenal – first as an academy star and then a first-team regular – winning t
- House Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York said on Friday that 'the snacks have been delivered' for National Guard soldiers invited to use her office for breaks.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!