- Locals described the sight as 'like the arrival of the Spanish Armada' as fishermen set off flares and displayed banners proclaiming 'Jersey Government steals our historical wrights (sic)'.
- Chas and Cain think Faith’s collapse is down to alcohol consumption (Pictures: ITV)Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) and Cain (Jeff Hordley) in Emmerdale will fail to show sympathy for their mother Faith (Sally Dexter) in upcoming episodes after she collapses.Away from scheming, flirting with Pollard (Chris Chittell) and sleeping in a hearse, Faith is busy helping Liv (Isobel Steele); her approach is unorthodox, but she is determined to get her back on track.When Faith falls over, Chas and Cain
- How will Fiz react? (Picture: ITV)Following the discovery that Tyrone Dobbs’ (Alan Halsall) abusive ex-partner Kirsty is dead in Coronation Street, Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine) will support him as he puts preparations into place for the funeral.But just as they start to find common ground, Fiz discovers Alina (Ruxandra Porojnicu) is pregnant with Tyrone’s baby.After Alina learns about Tyrone’s abuse, she confronts him and questions why she was kept in the dark. Afterwards, she b
- Ready to get shopping? (Picture: Metro.co.uk/ Getty)Many of us are back in the office these days, which means we might have to change up our looks a bit.Farewell, sweatpants on the bottom and Zoom-ready shirts on top.
Hello, proper trousers and shoes.
But who ever said workwear had to be boring?We’ve picked out some work-ready outfits that will look just as good at your 9-5 as on your days off.
Plus, some practical beauty minis that will keep you covered on your commute.Midaxi tiered dress
- People working and living in four Sydney LGAs were told to stay home - but that trigger word 'lockdown' wasn't mentioned. Read some of the sharp and funny responses to Friday's new Covid rule.
- The latest additions to the green list are proving popular with holidaymakers (Picture: EPA; Getty)Flight prices to Ibiza and Mallorca have nearly tripled after they were added to the green list but the travel industry is warning there’s still too much uncertainty to save the summer.
Spain’s Balearic Islands, which also includes Menorca and Formentera, were among 14 new destinations added to the all-important list last night.
It means holidaymakers can freely visit without the need t
- Mum-of-four Kelly Naghten died in 2016 after a bout of flu led to pneumonia, and now her bereaved husband is suing the landlord for £400,000 because he claims the home was not fit to live in
- Throughout the pandemic the NSW premier has tried to keep businesses open and preserve personal freedoms while her counterparts in Queensland, Victoria and WA have shut down.
- Australian Basketball fan favourite, Nathan Jawai has revealed why he hates his nickname given to hime while in America. The 32-year-old also spoke of life-threatening injuries during his career.
- On Friday meteorologists predict a wet day for many across the UK with the mercury expected to be nearly 10 C lower than in recent days for some parts
- Emergency clinicians in Greater Manchester said that they will need more beds this winter to save children's lives if the current rise in numbers of children in hospital continues
- Here’s all you need to know about your feline friends (Picture: Getty)Those people who claim that dogs are a man’s best friend have obviously never had the privilege of owning a cat.These furry feline friends with their floofy tails and squishy toe beans make for the purr-fect pet.That being said, cats can be very strange creatures, with weird quirks and unpredictable temperaments.So, with the help of some cat experts, Metro.co.uk has answered the most-asked questions about cats &nda
- A report last year revealed that the 12-story condo building that killed one person and left 99 missing when it collapsed on Thursday was sinking and at risk before the horrific event.
- Tucker Carlson said its mind boggling that Britney Spears is prevented from having kids but 'mentally ill vagrants wiping their butts on your lawn' during Thursday night's show.
- The cost of travelling to Ibiza, Majorca, Menorca and Malta had all surged by up to 200 per cent after they were added to the quarantine-free zones
- Photos of frenzied panic buyers have already been plastered online, despite NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian calling for calm.
- A statue of George Floyd installed in Brooklyn was vandalized Thursday with white supremacist graffiti less than a week after it was installed. Police said they are treating it as a possible hate crime.
- A Sydney cleaning business who deep cleaned Joh Bailey Hair Salon on Thursday said it's not mandatory for businesses exposed to the virus to undergo a professional clean.
Long Island teen rescued by fire fighters after she's trapped inside bank vault turned dressing roomGiavanna Diesso, 14, was rescued by fire fighters after she was trappedinside a bank vault turned dressing room at a store inPort Jefferson after her younger brother closed the door and it locked shut.
- Israel Folau will be free to play rugby League on the Gold Coast with the Southport Tigers after negotiating a release with French Super League side Catalan Dragons.
- Paying for groceries at the checkout is becoming a things of the past. Woolworths has continued expanding its Scan&Go system that allows shoppers to scan items, avoiding the checkout.
- An Australian father has called the refusal to appeal the suspended sentence given to the drug-affected teen driver who killed his daughter and her new boyfriend in a head-on crash 'horses***'
- Police released video of two suspects outside bikie Shane Bowden's house in the days before his death. They claim the men were members of the Mongols bikie gang, placing a GPS tracker on his car.
- Marion Barter, 51, was last seen at a depot on Scarborough Street, near Railway Street, at Southport, Queensland, on June 22, 1997.
- The words 'Every soul shall taste death', were seen painted on the side of the green box carrying Hamze's body during his funeral on Wednesday at Lakemba Mosque, in south-west Sydney.
Top US general rejected Trump's push for the military to 'crack skulls' during civil rights protestsJoint Chiefs Chairman Mark Milley rejected then President Donald Trump's suggestions of a violent military crackdown of civil unrest, including one suggestion by Trump for the military to 'crack skulls'
Australia's football community rocked by spate of sudden deaths linked to private depression battlesAustralia's football community is in mourning following the sudden deaths of two highly respected and talented players in recent days.
- A car chase at the airport forced two runways to be shut. It took place at around the time Harry was arriving in a black Cadillac SUV but he was able to fly out without any problem
- A copy of the document reportedly showed that the ‘HRH’ title is listed as the last name for the prince, next to the ‘Duke of Sussex’ as his first name
- A giant new suburb near Brisbane for more than 10,000 people will help home the influx of people moving to Queensland due to overpriced houses and Covid-19 in NSW and Victoria.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!