- via theguardian.comTJ Newman dreamt up her terror-in-the-skies novel Falling while guarding the cockpit as the pilots took a toilet break. She reveals how she kept going through furlough and 41 rejectionsFlight attendant Torri Newman was working on the red-eye flight from Los Angeles to New York when the idea for her debut novel came to her. To be precise, she was blocking access to the cockpit, a security procedure required when pilots take a toilet break. “I was standing at the front of the airplane,&rdquo
- Ben Bradley (pictured), 31, will rake in a six-figure salary after he was elected as the new leader of Nottinghamshire County Council alongside his role as Mansfield's MP.
- The monarch is said to be under pressure to cut off her cousin Prince Michael of Kent's invitations to royal banquets following the claims he offered himself for hire to seek favours from Vladimir Putin
- Research by the James Cook University in Queensland found coral reefs are under severe threat from carbon dioxide emissions.
- Nick Jonas rose to fame with his brothers in their band on a Disney series called Jonas (Picture: Getty)Nick Jonas is glad the stigma of working with Disney has gone and he now believes it’s a brilliant platform for rising stars.The singer, 28, rose to fame with his brothers Kevin and Joe thanks to their appearance on the Disney Channel in their own show Jonas and in movies such as Camp Rock and its sequel Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam.While he admits working with the entertainment company ha
- Zoe’s unborn baby had a benign tumour on his neck (Picture: Channel 4)Tonight’s episode of Baby Surgeons: Delivering Miracles proved to be an emotional rollercoaster, as one woman hoped to save her unborn son who had a tumour.The new Channel 4 programme focuses on patients in the Fetal Medicine unit at St George’s Hospital in London, who give parents hope and babies a chance at lifeThis evening’s episode followed expectant mother Zoe, who had fallen pregnant with her
- Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Monday that some of the Iranian fast boats came as close as 150 yards of six U.S. military vessels escorting the submarine Georgia.
- What’s in store today? (Picture: Metro)Wondering what the universe has in store for you today?
Take a peak at the stars for all the answers you’re looking for.Pisces, now’s the time to start that project you’ve been thinking about.Aries’, it’s a good day to think about looking for new avenues of self-promotion.As for the other signs, read on to find out your destiny.For your star sign's forecast, call...
Aries: 0906 474 0410Taurus: 0906 474 0411Gemini: 0906 47
- Lex Greensill has not spoken publicly since the collapse of his lending firm Greensill Capital in March triggered a wave of revelations about David Cameron's (pictured) lobbying.
- The Prime Minister has been warned that more delays will lead to a "rocketing" number of elderly people desperately in need of support and struggling to pay the bills.
- Almost 4.1million Britons have been diagnosed with diabetes, compared with just over two million back in 2004/05. Sean Carter-Selwood (pictured), 27, from Swindon, didn't know he was at risk of diabetes.
- Diabetes UK warns that Type 2 is the biggest health crisis of our time and almost one million people are thought to be unaware they have the condition - which can lead to heart attacks and amputations
- U.S. Capitol Police forces needs standalone counter-surveillance unit if it is to prevent future intelligence failures that contributed to Jan. 6 attack, according to Inspector General Michael Bolton.
- The Republican governor of Maryland Larry Hogan has issued a blanket pardon to 34 victims of lynchings who were hanged to death by white mobs between 1834 and 1933.
- John Paul and James are growing closer – much to Ste’s dismay (Picture: Lime Pictures)Hollyoaks’ Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson) begins to worry that James Nightingale (Gregory Finnegan) is falling for ex John Paul McQueen (James Sutton).
John Paul is currently facing a murder charge, after his fiancé George Kiss (Callum Kerr) turned up dead.
James has been using his legal expertise in the hopes of securing John Paul his freedom, but next week, he’s left with little ch
- George’s murderer is at last revealed to the viewers (Picture: Lime Pictures)Hollyoaks is set to reveal the identity of George Kiss’ (Callum Kerr) murderer next week.George was killed outside The Dog last month, and – given that he’d antagonised a number of residents prior to his death – there are several suspects.
The police wasted little time in arresting and charging the copper’s fiancé John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) with the crime, but the McQueen
- Bernie makes a revelation to Molly (Picture: BBC)Bernie Taylor (Clair Norris) is forced to make a choice in EastEnders next week, after Molly (Juliette Alexandra) discovers her surrogacy plans.
The young woman has offered to be Rainie Highway’s (Tanya Franks) surrogate, as she’s desperate for money to help her family.
Molly returns to the Square next week, and – with things going well between she and Bernie – she suggests that perhaps they should go on holiday together.
- Katy makes her return to EastEnders next week (Picture: BBC)Katy Lewis (Simone Lahbib) will make an emphatic return to EastEnders next week ahead of her trial.
The abuser is facing a lengthy stretch behind bars, after Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) reported her to the police for assaulting him when he was 12 years old.
Mick, desperate for justice, writes his victim impact statement in scenes next week, just as Nancy (Maddy Hill) shows up.Nancy tells her dad that she loves living with Sharon Watts (Let
- Brian Conley makes his long-awaited debut in EastEnders next week (Picture: BBC)Brian Conley makes his highly-anticipated EastEnders debut next week.The actor will portray Terry Cant – long-lost father of current mainstay Sonia Fowler (Natalie Cassidy).
Sonia returns from Dubai with gifts for Dotty Cotton (Milly Zero) and Tiffany Butcher-Baker (Maisie Smith) in scenes next week.Dotty, however, isn’t pleased, and berates Sonia for spending Dot Branning’s (June Brown) cash. The y
- Yasmeen isn’t impressed by Cathy (Picture: ITV)Life over at Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King) and Elaine Jones’ (Paula Wilcox) house in Coronation Street has been a joy for Cathy Matthews (Melanie Hill).She moved into Yasmeen’s to try and cope with her trolling ordeal. While Cathy has been thankful for the peaceful retreat, Yasmeen and Elaine haven’t appreciated Cathy’s lazy behaviour and reluctance to move back home.Something we’ve noticed more of in recent weeks
- Asha has seen Corey’s true character (Picture: ITV)Asha Alahan (Tanisha Gorey) is trapped in Corey Brent’s (Maximus Evans) company in Coronation Street.Initially, Asha failed to recognise Corey’s controlling and manipulative behaviour but following Seb (Harry Visinoni) and Nina’s (Mollie Gallagher) attack led by Corey, Asha has seen the light and is now busy plotting to trap Corey after Seb’s death.After Seb and Nina were rushed to hospital, Corey swore to Asha that
- What about Johnny? (Picture: ITV)Jenny Connor (Sally Ann Matthews) put her love life on hold in Coronation Street following Johnny’s (Richard Hawley) sentencing. As much as Daisy (Charlotte Jordan) has attempted to meddle in Jenny’s life and set her up with someone new, her plans have failed.However, things are set to change soon when Jenny finds herself a new love interest…Ed (Trevor Michael Georges) returns from Birmingham and is perplexed to find his campervan gone.Ronnie (
- Solskjaer will be preparing for the summer transfer window (Picture: Getty)Gary Neville believes Jadon Sancho will be Manchester United’s only attacking signing this summer, while predicting three forward-thinking players could be allowed to depart.
Borussia Dortmund winger Sancho was United’s top priority last summer but Neville feels the 12-month delay may prove worth the wait as United look to knock the price down.
The former United defender isn’t convinced Harry Kane or Erl
Tiger King star Jeff Lowe receives anonymous letter saying the body of Carole Baskin’s ex-husband is buried on her propertySome believe Carole Baskin killed her ex-husband (Picture: Netflix)Tiger King’s Jeff Lowe thinks he finally knows where Carole Baskin’s ex-husband, Don Lewis, can be found, all thanks to an anonymous letter.The seven-part Netflix documentary, which explored the wild underworld of big cat breeding, catapulted the likes of Joe Exotic, Doc Antle, and Carole to worldwide fame in March 2020.It was released just as the whole world went into lockdown, meaning the Big Cat Rescue owner, Carol
- CIA Director William Burns (right) is being briefed daily on suspected sonic attacks. They are now thought to be carried out by the Russian spy agency GRU, ultimately overseen by Putin (left).
- The outspoken retired sportsman made no reference to any evidence that backed up his outrageous claims about the coronavirus vaccine, which sparked a divided reaction.
- Megan Cusack was pictured with the sign at a Kill the Bill march (Picture: BBC/Rex)New Call the Midwife star Megan Cusack brandished an explicit placard at a Kill the Bill rally outside Parliament.The actress, 24, made her debut on the BBC One show last week as a pupil joining the nuns at Nonnatus House.However, the youngest member of the Cusack acting dynasty looked very different from her on-screen character as she joined protesters on March 15.Along with others, Megan was taking a stand again
- Mark Evans, who had not spoken to his daughter for years after a bitter falling out, passed away following a battle with cancer.
- Police arrested Elijah Shelton, 24, of Florida for allegedly robbing a Synovus Bank. Authorities said they were able to arrest him quickly because he used a taxi as his getaway car.
- The mother of murdered Melbourne woman Ellie Price has broken down when describing the fear she saw in her daughter's eyes while asking her about an extortion plot.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!