- Ms Ardern has kept quiet about which way she will vote in the so called 'reefer-endum. On Thursday, she went to a food lab in Palmerston North, New Zealand, to sample the hemp dessert.
- Michael Lonsdale has died aged 89 (Picture: Foc Kan/WireImage)Actor Michael Lonsdale, known for his roles in the James Bond Franchise, as well as The Name of the Rose, has died aged 89.He died Monday afternoon at his home in Paris, with his agent Olivier Loiseau confirming the news to AFP.L’Obs first broke the news of his death.Londsale was known for countless roles, however one of his most famous was as nazi villain Sir Hugo Drax in 1979 Bond film Moonraker.Over his career he clocked up m
- Sir Patrick Vallance and Professor Chris Whitty, England's chief scientists, today warned the UK is on course for another peak of Covid-19 deaths if it doesn't change course soon.
- President Donald Trump said his Supreme Court nominee should get a vote before the election and it would help vulnerable GOP senators like Lindsey Graham, Cory Gardner and Martha McSally.
- Rowdy Swanson was a member of the Oklahoma State University Rodeo Team and died Thirsday in Texas following the accident at the Palo Pinto County Livestock Association's PRCA Pro.
- An Israeli court on Monday approved the extradition of the former teacher, potentially paving the way for her to stand trial on 74 charges of child sex abuse.
- A mallard duck seen among plastic in polluted water in Cardiff Bay (Photo by Matthew Horwood/Getty Images)An astonishing 53 million tonnes of plastic will be polluting rivers, lakes and oceans by 2030, ecologists warn.Environmental experts say this outrageous overwhelming amount of plastic is the minimum predicted and is only if governments meet their global commitments.This is nearly seven times more than the amount that was deemed shocking in 2015.Researchers believe the world must act now to
- Melbourne's residential real estate price plunge may have created a unique buying opportunity, some experts say, while otherssounded a note of caution on Monday.
- The book, titled 'Overview Timelapse: How We Change The Earth', will take a critical look at the way humans have completely altered the aerial landscape of the planet.
- Sir Patrick Vallance said it is 'possible' one of the dozens of experimental jabs being trialed on humans could be ready before 2021, insisting 'good progress' was being made.
- Donna-Maria Thomas allegedly illegally accessed computers at Aldingbourne Primary School, Chichester, West Sussex, and scoured accounts containing 'highly confidential' material.
- CCTV cameras caught the young couple as they ran out of the My Big Fat Greek Taverna eatery, in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, last Wednesday evening.
- Sadiq Khan talked about living in the capital as a person of colour (Picture: PA)Sadiq Khan has said society can no longer be complacent about prejudice, or wait for the Government to understand why the anti-racism movement matters.The Mayor of London talked about living in the capital as a person of colour in an event discussing the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement.Mr Khan said the use of racial slurs in London during the 1970s and 80s ‘wasn’t uncommon’.He said: ‘We hav
- Erik Arceneaux allegedly dismembered his girlfriend Maria Jimenez with a chainsaw and killed her. (Photo: Fox 26)A alleged violent predator accused of chopping up his girlfriend’s body with an electric chainsaw remains on the run one year on, officials said.48-year-old Erik Arceneaux has been wanted by the United States Marshals Service for killing Maria Jimenez in Houston, Texas since January. But detectives have now pleaded with the public for further help with finding him.
- Max Stanford (Picture: Craig Harker/SWNS.COM)Max Stanford is the new Oreo world record holder, after munching through an impressive 141 of the cream-filled biscuits in five minutes. The 33-year-old, from Brixton, London, beat previous unofficial record, which was held by Canadian Jonathan Clarke, who managed 78 Oreos, in five minutes.As well as the title, Max got a £150 prize.Organiser Craig Harker was inspired to bring competitive eating to the UK by the American TV show Man v. Food.
- Patrice Evra has criticised Manchester United’s approach to transfers (Getty/Facebook)Patrice Evra has launched a passionate rant about the problems at Manchester United and has accused Ed Woodward of placing his trust in the wrong people.The former United left-back, who won five Premier League titles and the Champions League during his nine-year spell at Old Trafford, has criticised the club over their approach to transfers and their tendency to involve lawyers during talks with potential
- As I lay in bed at night, oiled up from head to toe and wrapped in surgical bandages, I could easily have been mistaken for a mummified zombie from a horror movie (Picture: Priscilla Casey)‘Three, two, one… I’m coming to catch you,’ mum roared as my brother and I squealed with excitement – she played the role of the bedtime monster excellently.In those brief moments, four-year-old me forgot what I looked like – someone else was the monster, not me.I was
- A parent has shared her 'mum hack' for families showing an easy way to cook three pizzas on a single oven shelf at the same time - and it even leaves room to cook chips on a tray below
- The Lime Kiln in Liverpool is still open and pub bosses insist there have been no reports of transmissions between staff and customers, saying there is a "rigorous implementation of hygiene standards"
- Emily Jean Owings Sindt was arrested last Tuesday morning in the city of Enid.
Footage shows as Owings Sindt says it is her birthday and she needs the toilet.
- Nearly 14million Brits are now banned from having friends or family round to their house - with local rules in place in more than 50 areas including Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool and Glasgow. Here's the full list and some key rules for each area
- Stranger Things production is said to be re-commencing next week (Picture: Netflix)In some news to brighten up the month, Netflix series Stranger Things is set to re-commence production on season 4 next week, according to reports.We’ve been waiting with bated breath to see when our favourite Hawkins residents, including Millie Bobby Brown, David Harbour and Winona Ryder, will be heading back to set after the pandemic put a spanner in filming.According to Deadline, our sci-fi obsession will
- The decorator beat the seagull to death with a piece of wood (Picture: Mike Shipway)A decorator has beaten a seagull to death with a piece of wood after it stole his lunch.The man battered the bird in front of shocked witnesses when it stole his sandwich while he was working in a shop in Hastings, East Sussex.He then allegedly jumped up and down on the bird when it continued to move after he stuffed it into a bin bag, the Mirror reported.A shop keeper is said to have complained at the ‘bru
- The small structure sits on a sought after stretch of sand in North Wales that has seen huts sell for £160,000. Estate agent Beresford Adams describes the hut as 'iconic'
- Johnny and Darlene Peoples – who had been married for 50 years – died of coronavirus just minutes apart (Pictures: Shane Peoples)This is the moment a devoted couple who were married for 50 years died of coronavirus while holding hands. Johnny Lee Peoples, 67, and his wife Darlene died of Covid-19 just minutes apart on September 2.
The couples’ stricken family were grateful they got to spend their final moments together, but are devastated by Johnny and Darlene’s deaths, d
- Mother-of-two Mikki Starr, 27, was found dead from gunshot wounds at her home in Ohio last week, inan apparent murder-suicide by her husband Zachary Starr, 29. The couple had two children.
- The victim, aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, after he was hit by a vehicle following a confrontation with three other men
- The Justice Department declared New York City, Portland and Seattle as 'anarchist jurisdictions that can have federal funding ripped away for failing to clamp down on violence according to its criteria.
- Now that was unexpected (pic: Microsoft)In shock news, Microsoft has bought ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda, bringing Fallout and The Elder Scrolls to Xbox Game Pass.Microsoft is to pay $7.5 billion (£5.85bn) for ZeniMax Media, the company that owns Bethesda and all its development studios, including id Software, Arkane Studios, MachineGames, and Tango Gameworks.This means that Microsoft now owns major franchises such as Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, D
- Brian Tatum, 45, has been charged with two counts of felony murder stemming from a suspected street race, followed by a high-speed police chase in Houston that killed two Uber passengers.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!