- Last night the White House denied the term had been 'retired' but offered to suspend its use, with an official saying: 'We'll shut it down until we can figure out what's going on.'
- The Masons Arms in Camelford, Cornwall, has gone as far as to solely use candlelight on Mondays, to draw more punters in while keeping critical costs low.
- The 40-year-old wife of Leicester City star Jamie Vardy has been ordered to pay £1.5million of Coleen Rooney's legal bill, with £800,000 transferred by November 15.
- Many Tory MPs stayed away from the Birmingham gathering altogether and there were fears of a poor turnout as many delegates headed home on Tuesday to avoid today's rail strikes.
- A full list of the top 100 baby names in England and Wales for 2021 has now been released, with one particularly popular boy's name being knocked off the top spot
- Kanye West has triggered outrage after targeting contributing Vogue fashion editor Gabriella Karefa-Johnson, who called his 'White Lives Matter' t-shirts 'dangerous' and 'violent.'
- A one-day pass for two adults and two children at Warner Brothers Movie World costs an astonishing $416 - while a Fast Track ticket to skipqueues is priced at $149 each.
- More than 1,600 mortgage offers were removed from the market in the wake of the government's mini-budget as markets balked at unfunded tax cuts and the pound fell to a record lower against the dollar.
- After a gathering in Birmingham blighted by splits over tax rates and benefits, Liz Truss will plead for her troops to get behind her vision of 'a new Britain for a new era'.
- We love Sacha Levy (Picture: BBC)Here at Metro.co.uk, we are still not over the fact Holby City is no longer on our screens.It’s been months but it’s the truth! Holby City never should’ve been axed forever and we still miss it dearly.The medical drama’s final ever episode aired back in March of this year. It saw the staff at the hospital say goodbye to Jac (Rosie Marcel), who died after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Following her death, the team worked together to
- Caroline Farrow shared a thread online detailing her experience with Surrey Police after two officers reportedly 'forced' their way into her home to arrest her on Monday night.
- Volodymyr Zelensky has warned Vladimir Putin is ‘not bluffing’ over the threats (Picture: EPA/ Reuters)Rumours have spread through Russia that Vladimir Putin will soon make ‘key decisions about launching a tactical nuclear strike’ from a secret bunker.The Kremlin leader has reportedly warned his closest family – including gymnast partner Alina Kabaeva – of the possibility of rapid evacuation to the mysterious location.Putin – who will be 70 on
Former Arsenal and Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud looking forward to ‘special game’ as he returns to LondonOlivier Giroud helped Chelsea beat Arsenal in the 2018-19 Europa League final (Picture: Getty)Olivier Giroud can’t wait to return to London for a ‘special game’ as his AC Milan team travel to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday.The 36-year-old striker, who has 114 caps for France, spent three years at Stamford Bridge before joining AC Milan last summer.Giroud lifted the 2018-19 Europa League with Chelsea – where he was the tournament’s top scorer &ndas
- Eczema is a condition synonymous with dry, flaky skin which can sometimes appear as a rash. Health experts warn both stress and anxiety may be strongly linked – here we take a closer look
- The Uruguayan has not scored since the opening match of the season (Picture: Getty)Darwin Nunez admits he is struggling to find his confidence in front of goal after blanking again against Rangers and says he ‘doesn’t understand’ what Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says.The Uruguayan arrived from Benfica in the summer in a deal that could reach £85million but he has only netted once in the Premier League – in Liverpool’s first match of the season – and is s
- The Business Secretary rallied against new regulations - which came in last week - which mean sugary treats cannot be displayed in prominent places in large shops
- Influenced by popular culture and tradition, the annual list of the most popular baby names compiled by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) makes for illuminating reading
- Joe Cole says Graham Potter needs time (Picture: Getty)Graham Potter must be given time to implement his ideas at Chelsea because the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to compete with Manchester City.That’s the view of former Blues midfielder Joe Cole, who says it could be years before the club are competing for the league title again.Potter replaced Thomas Tuchel in early September, with Chelsea opting to sack the German after a difficult start to the campaign.Despite the club&rsq
- The competition was part of The Big Rainbow Project, an initiativeto celebrate the regional LGBTQIA+ community by introducing the first LGBTQIA+ landmark.
Bake Off’s Laura Adlington told to lose 14st to have a child: ‘It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through’Laura has opened up about her infertility struggles (Picture: Channel 4)Great British Bake Off star Laura Adlington has revealed she was told to lose 14stone to have a child, and has now made the decision to not have children.The 33-year-old, who was a finalist on the 2020 series, tried for a baby for three years with her husband Matt, before doctors told her to go down the IVF route, for which she would have to lose weight first.She said: ‘My husband Matt and I were really struggling with
Bake Off’s Laura Adlington reveals being told to lose 14st to have a child: ‘It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through’Laura has opened up about her infertility struggles (Picture: Channel 4)Great British Bake Off star Laura Adlington has revealed she was told to lose 14stone to have a child, and has now made the decision to not have children.The 33-year-old, who was a finalist on the 2020 series, tried for a baby for three years with her husband Matt, before doctors told her to go down the IVF route, for which she would have to lose weight first.She said: ‘My husband Matt and I were really struggling with
- In eyebrow-raising claims, Suella Braverman, the Home Secretary, said people who 'should be working' instead 'choose to top up their salaries with tax credits'
- Police have vowed to crack down on burglary in the UK (Picture: Nottinghamshire Police / PA)Police across the UK have made a new pledge to attend every burglary that is reported to them, regardless of where it is, or what has been stolen.Crime chiefs have signed a new landmark agreement committing to make a visit to every burglary.All 43 chief constables in England and Wales have signed the deal in a bid to help solve more burglary cases.It also comes as thousands of more thieves, burglars and r
- Overwatch 2 – it’s not even been a whole day and the sequel is plagued with problems (pic: Blizzard)Blizzard Entertainment is already having to contend with server issues, bugs, and lots of frustrated players following Overwatch 2’s launch.This week marked the end of an era for Overwatch fans, with the first game shutting down and its sequel launching.Unfortunately, the shift from one game to the other has not gone smoothly. After Overwatch 2 launched, players soon found themse
- Happy cinematic birthday, Mr. Bond (Picture: Getty)You know the name, you know the number – James Bond 007 is celebrating 60 years on the big screen.That’s right, audiences across the world have been enjoying the adventures of the British spy since 1962, when Sean Connery made his debut in Dr. No.
He’s one of the most enduring film icons of all time, with Daniel Craig having made his final Bond film No Time To Die last year.
But James Bond never dies, and his cinematic legacy i
- Women have been rating their exes (Picture: Getty)Wanting to create a hub for women to share stories about their dates, one woman has decided to set up what she calls ‘Tripadvisor for exes’.Tracy Tegan, from the US, decided to set up the page after dating someone she says had an affair and stole rent money from her.The site, called the Ex Boyfriend List, reads: ‘We all have that loser ex we want to warn others about, and now you can do just that with the ex boyfriend list.&rsqu
- Martin Lewis has explained which types of mortgage borrowers are most likely to benefit from overpaying their home loan now - and who should put the money into savings instead
- Early onset dementia is caused by genetic mutations that run in families, but the disease may also be more pronounced by lifestyle factors, including athletes who have taken many traumatic injuries over their careers
- WARNING, DISTRESSING DETAILS: Grieving mum-of-two Linda Banwell says she felt insulted when Amazon offered to pay her just £250 in compensation - after one of their delivery drivers killed the family dog in a hit and run
- Brooke played Sophie Webster for 18 years (Picture: ITV)Brooke Vincent spent 18 years on the cobbles of Coronation Street as the lovable Sophie Webster, but has since revealed why the character won’t be back any time soon.Brooke left the show in 2019 after falling pregnant with her first child, who was born in October of that year. Since then, she has had a second son, both with footballer Kean Bryan.The actress has now explained that the tough schedule at Coronation Street would affect th
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!