- The government are re-heating the Cameron-era crackdown on benefit claimants by forcing under-employed Brits to take on more hours. Is this cruel in the middle of the worst inflation crisis in a generation? Let us know.
The Rings of Power episode 7 recap: Does birth of Mordor mean Sauron is finally coming to fight Galadriel?Are we getting closer to evil? (Picture: Prime Video)After the explosive events of The Rings of Power episode 6, which saw Mount Doom erupt and destroy the Southlands as we know it, the creatures of Middle Earth were left fighting for survival.Kicking off the latest installment with Galadriel (Morfydd Clark) defiantly staring on as she stands in a storm of red dust, it’s clear the battle with the Dark Lord is not over yet.The humans and the elves have all been segregated in the explosion,
Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank: How British boxing’s greatest ever rivalry spoke to society like no other fightBenn and Eubank look back on a rivalry that changed the sport in this country (Picture: Getty)‘I didn’t feel it at the time,’ Chris Eubank Snr recalls, discussing the sheer magnitude of his legendary wars with Nigel Benn.
‘I was too young, I didn’t have an evolved mind. It was all about winning the respect of my brothers and everyone else. That was my objective and that is what I did.’The fiercest of enemies turned friends, Eubank and Benn share one of the mos
Lena Dunham has opened up on Andrew Scott and Billie Piper’s ‘beautiful connection’ in her new film Catherine Called Birdy.The medieval comedy, written and directed by the Girls creator, boasts a cast of British legends, including Andrew and Billie alongside Joe Alwyn and Bella Ramsey, with an appearance from Russell Brand.In among the comedy are some pretty powerful sc
- Love is in the Square – but it might not last (Picture: BBC)Romance is flourishing for EastEnders’ recently reunited Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold) and the love of her life Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick).
But, as they contemplate going public with their decision to get back together, tragedy looms with reports that Lola will die after it was confirmed she would be diagnosed with a brain tumour.
EastEnders is working with charities on the storyline which will commence later this month.
- Alfie makes a grand gesture in a bid to win back Kat (Picture: BBC) Alfie makes a grand gesture in a bid to win back Kat (Picture: BBC) He arranges an extravagant flower display for Kat (Picture: BBC) He arranges an extravagant flower display for Kat (Picture: BBC) Kat is not amused, but matters take a turn for the worse when she realises where the flowers have come from (Picture: BBC) Kat is not amused, but matters take a turn for the worse when she realises… Alfie apologises, insisting
25 soap spoilers: Emmerdale Faith’s final surprise, Coronation Street fire tragedy, EastEnders passion, Hollyoaks collapseA week not to be missed in soapland (Picture: ITV / BBC / Lime Pictures)Next week will be an utterly heartbreaking one in soapland, as one of the genre’s finest dies in devastating scenes.
We are of course referring to Emmerdale’s Faith Dingle, who dies after one very special day with her family, courtesy of Cain.
Coronation Street, meanwhile, sees a horror fire put the life of Aaron’s dad Eric in danger, leaving the teen determined to be there for his father in his hour of nee
- Harry Styles is currently touring the US (Picture: Jo Hale/Redferns)Harry Styles has postponed the first of his concerts in Chicago due to illness in his touring party.The As It Was hitmaker was meant to kick off his six-night run of gigs in the Windy City on Thursday (October 6) but hours before the show, the United Center revealed the show had been moved to Monday ‘out of an abundance of caution’.In a statement, the venue tweeted: ‘Out of an abundance of caution, tonight&rsqu
- The much-debated fruit was agreed by the majority of pizza lovers to be a great topping - but other fruits including strawberries and cherries are a no-go
- The new concept hotel was launched by Hyundai and broadcaster Grace Dent, with all electricity harnessed from the Hyundai Ioniq 5
- A quarter of Brits are looking forward to getting back into a healthy routine in the coming months - including eating healthier and exercising more
- Cristiano Ronaldo showed his frustration in Cyprus (Picture: Getty Images)Erik ten Hag praised the impact Cristiano Ronaldo had during Manchester United’s Europa League win at Omonia, although the forward seemed frustrated throughout as he failed to find the back of the net.The Red Devils won 3-2 in Cyprus thanks to a double from Marcus Rashford and an Anthony Martial strike, with the underdogs going ahead in the first half and making for a nervy finish with a late second.Ronaldo was livel
- Mikel Arteta risked the fitness of three key players against Bodo/Glimt last night (Picture: BT Sport)Mikel Arteta insisted he was comfortable risking the fitness of three key Arsenal stars during last night’s Europa League win over Bodo/Glimt.The Gunners’ boss made eight changes to the team which dispatched Tottenham in Saturday’s north London derby with the likes of Fabio Vieira and Marquinhos making their first starts at Emirates Stadium.Arsenal, thanks in part to the contri
- They are changing the world (Picture: Frit Sarita Tam/SOSU/)The theme for Black History Month this year is Time for Change: Action Not Words.
So here are just a few of the pioneering women who are shaking things up through their amazing ventures.
Why not continue to support these incredible women all year round and not just for a month?Get ready to be inspired.
Rhiane Fatinikun, Black Girls HikeRhiane founded Black Girls Hike in 2019 (Picture: Frit Sarita Tam)Despite growing up near the countrys
Kate Garraway admits she found the 1970s blackouts ‘cosy and lovely’ after National Grid warned of potential planned power outages in the UK this winter.The Good Morning Britain presenter, now 55, was a child when the miners strikes and the oil crisis resulted in outages, and she told her younger co-star Ben Shephard, 47, about her experiences.‘You probably don’t
- Alex, Paul, and toddlers Berkley, two, and Freya, one, live by the water and have a ‘rural’ way of living (Picture: Alex Tucker / SWNS)Alex Tucker’s rules for her children, Berkley, two, and Freya, one, may seem a little strange to most of us.
But the mum, 25, isn’t bothered by critics.
She says her style of ‘rural’ parenting works brilliantly for the family, and has a justification for each part of her approach.
The toddlers are banned from using high chairs
- Lyn Joseph, 76, of Perth, Scotland, suffers from the respiratory condition COPD and relies on a small portable heater and her Yorkshire Terrier to keep warm as she fears turning her gas on
- The Crew Dragon spaceship dubbed Endurance docked with the station on Thursday, a day after launching into orbit from Florida. The linkup occurred 260 miles above the Atlantic.
- Vittorio Stefanato who operated an outback tourist castle admitted to murdering mother-of-four Christine Neilan in the NSW opal mining town of Lightning Ridge in January, 2020.
- A West Australian couple in their 30s were charged with the neglect of a six-month-old baby who later died after being rushed to hospital. The couple are charged with failing to protect a child from harm.
- Free school meals are a lifeline for many (Picture: Getty)For those struggling to stay afloat during the UK’s cost of living crisis, free school meals are a lifeline as food prices soar.If you’re on certain benefits, your child may be able to get free hot school meals during term time – as well as support during the school holidays.But who is eligible for the complementary lunches, and how do you apply?Here is everything you need to know.Who is eligible for free
- The murder of 14-year-old Emmett Till in 1955 is seen as one of the catalysts for the Civil Rights Movement (Picture: Getty)Sixty-seven years ago, the horrific murder of Emmett Till sent shockwaves across America.
Emmett, a 14-year-old black boy from Chicago, was abducted, tortured and shot in the head on August 28, 1955, after a white woman, Carolyn Bryant Donham, claimed he whistled at her in a Mississippi store.The two killers were Roy, Carolyn’s husband, and Roy’s half brother J.
- The MoneySavingExpert reader, known only as Mavis, said she had locked into a two-year fixed deal that would have cost her £3,600 - but managed to reduce this to £2,300
- Euro 2024 is a little under two years away (Picture: JOHN MACDOUGALL/AFP via Getty Images)The UEFA Euro 2024 qualification draw will take place in Germany this weekend, with the four home nations set to find out the teams they will need to overcome to qualify for the tournament in just under two years time.Attention will momentarily turn away from preparations for the FIFA World Cup in Qatar later this year as European countries find out their fate for the qualification stage which will begin in
- The friends and family work together to bring the seaside to Faith (Pictures: ITV)It’s time to brace ourselves, Emmerdale’s Faith Dingle (Sally Dexter) is finally about to meet her end, and though it’s been on the cards for a while, it’ll hit her loved ones hard.Faith is best known for living life to the full, and she most certainly plans to continue in this vein right until the end. She gets an idea from Aaron (Danny Miller) about how she can celebrate her final days wit
- Will their relationship really go any further? (Pictures: BBC)Eve Unwin (Heather Peace) is about ready to give up on a relationship ever happening with Suki Panesar (Balvinder Sopal) in upcoming episodes of EastEnders, as Stacey (Lacey Turner) sets her up with a date.Stacey has been concerned about her friend since Eve told her that she and Suki had kissed, and is firmly convinced that Eve is only heading for heartbreak if she continues to think there’s a chance that Suki will ever return
- Tracy makes her feelings perfectly clear (Pictures: ITV)Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) in Coronation Street has done her very best to keep the anger she feels towards Wendy Crozier (Roberta Kerr) in check recently.Oh, who are we kidding, no she hasn’t!From the moment Tracy laid eyes on Wendy again she took pleasure in hurling comments her way, still unable to move on from the fact Wendy had an affair with Ken (William Roache) which broke Deidre’s (Anne Kirkbride) heart.For Ken, things are
- Lochlan Peckham, from North Yorkshire, died after a brave battle with a brain tumour which a doctor initially had put down to a "typical bug" before he became "violently sick"
- The plan, which included measures designed to help people save up to £300 a year, was reportedly seen as a ‘light touch’ by No 10 (Picture: Getty)The Prime Minister has ruled out a £15 million energy-saving campaign, because it was seen as a ‘light touch’.Liz Truss made the decision despite warnings planned blackouts could hit the UK if power plants cannot get enough gas to keep running.Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg is believed to have backed a dedicated
- The Reserve Bank has issued a new warning about mortgage defaults, just days after it raised interest rates for the sixth consecutive month. NAB is forecasting huge falls in Sydney and Melbourne.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!