- Former nurse Joan Pons Laplana said his life fell apart after he worked through both Covid waves on the NHS frontline (Picture: Joan Pons Laplana/AP)A former intensive care nurse who worked through both Covid waves has told how he was haunted by the images of those he could not save.Joan Pons Laplana, a former British nurse of the year, suffered mental and physical burnout as he witnessed death on an almost daily basis.He faced ‘relentless’ pressure that has led him to quit a 23-year
- Paul Evans was convicted of two counts of actual bodily harm (Picture: PA)A man who assaulted two passengers during a cruise ship brawl has been jailed for 21 months.Paul Evans had been swearing in a restaurant on board the vessel when he was approached by a woman in her 40s asking him not to use inappropriate language in front of children.But Evans, from Clayhill, Essex, then starting swearing at her before a fight broke out on board as horrified families watched on.The 45-year-old’s form
- In the video half a dozen large, grey rats can be seen floating on the surface of dank bin water, their small, dead bodies bloated by the cigarette butt riddled liquid
- The ex-PM advises the UK arm of Illumina Inc, which was awarded two genome sequencing contracts by Public Health England in April and May
- The US had the highest number of new coronavirus cases in the week ending July 25, compared to the rest of the world, as President Joe Biden (left) urged Americans to get vaccinated for protection against the Delta variant (Pictures: Getty Images)The US saw the highest number of new coronavirus infections worldwide last week, amid the surging spread of Delta variant cases. The latest epidemiological report from the World Health Organization (WHO) revealed that the US had 500,322 new cases i
Original English voice actor for Ash Ketchum in Pokémon TV series found it ‘heartless’ to be replaced for ‘no reason’Veronica Taylor voiced Ash for the first eight seasons of the show (Picture: Getty/Pokémon)The original English dub voice actor for Ash Ketchum in the Pokémon animated TV series has opened up about her exit from the show, saying that she found it ‘heartless’ for her and other stars to be replaced for ‘no reason’.15 years since Veronica Taylor last provided the voice for Pokémon trainer Ash, her passion and love for the world of Pokémon is truly
- The builder's yellow and black mechanical digger was seen outstretching its long arm and tearing down the apartment balconies one by one before he escaped the scene by car
- Sarah Hussein, 31, was discovered 'on fire' in a street in Bury, Greater Manchester, on July 23, and died in hospital a short time later. Three men have been arrested and bailed by police
- Fury and Wilder will now meet on 9 October (Picture: Getty)Tyson Fury has launched a fresh attack on Deontay Wilder and his trainer Malik Scott following a suggestion he lied about a positive Covid test.Fury and Wilder’s trilogy showdown was last month pushed back to 9 October following an outbreak in ‘The Gypsy King’s camp just weeks out from fight night.Since the postponement, Wilder’s trainer Scott has questioned whether the WBC heavyweight champion had really tested p
- Biden was speaking on Zoom about the responses to raging wildfires throughout the country when an aide passed him a card, alerting him there was a spot on his face.
- Hunter Biden had a sharp message for his critics on Friday as he defended his overpriced paintings during an interview with podcast Nota Bene airing on Friday.
- In footage shared online from Blumberg, south Germany, the yellow Volvo machine can be seen tearing down at least three balconies and smashing through several glass windows and doors.
- Federal data on Friday showed the core personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index, excluding volatile food and energy, increased 0.4 percent in June for an annual gain of 3.5 percent.
It’s the episode of Love Island we’ve been waiting for all series – the results of the Casa Amor recoupling. And from the first look, it looks like an explosive one.Despite being happily coupled up with Millie Court in the main villa, Liam Reardon has been getting cosy with Casa Amor bombshell Lillie Haynes.
Fans have been left completely unimpressed and predicting hea
- Ted Barton was hospitalised for a week with second-degree burns (Picture: SWNS)Warning: Graphic contentA student has revealed how he suffered second-degree burns from stepping on sand where a disposable barbecue had been used.The ground scorched his foot so badly he was hospitalised for a week – even though he left the foil container to cool for more than an hour after putting it out.Ted Barton, 22, and a group of mates headed to Tynemouth Longsands beach in Tyne and Wear to celebrate the
- Marianna Viscountess Monckton of Brenchley gave bailiffs an earful when bailiffs turned up at her rural home in Harrietsham, near Maidstone.
- Johnny Depp has scored a major court victory in his battle to discover if ex-wife Amber Heard stuck to her promise and donated her $7million divorce payout to charity, Dailymail.com can exclusively reveal.
Scarlett Johansson’s agent brands Disney’s statement a ‘direct attack’ on her character amid Black Widow lawsuitBlack Widow is Scarlett Johansson’s first solo film as Natasha Romanoff (Picture: Marvel Studios)Scarlett Johansson’s agent Bryan Lourd has hit back at Disney’s response to the actress’s lawsuit, branding it a ‘direct attack’ on her character.Black Widow actress Johansson is suing Disney, alleging her contract was breached when the studio released the film on Disney+ and in cinemas on the same day.The 36-year-old claims the decision has affected the amount she
Dave Bautista weighs in on Scarlett Johansson suing Disney over Black Widow release: ‘They should’ve made a Drax movie’Dave Bautista couldn’t resist making a joking comment about Disney getting sued by Scarlett Johansson (Picture: Rich Polk/Getty Images for IMDb)Marvel star Dave Bautista has reacted to Scarlett Johansson’s decision to file a lawsuit after Disney following their decision to release her film Black Widow on Disney+.Thursday saw the Avengers actress make headlines as she alleged The Walt Disney Company had breached her contract by choosing to drop the film in cinemas and on the streaming
- Footage shows the 41-year-old suspect yelling out in pain as two officers attempt to detain him with one pinning him to the ground by his neck in Yardley, Birmingham, last night.
- Infectious diseases expert Greg Dore said fully-vaccinated Australians should be allowed to travel overseas now, instead of having to wait until 80 per cent of Australians were double jabbed.
- Something for the weekend? (pic: Square Enix)If you’ve been wary of trying out Square Enix’s co-op Avengers game then you’ve got the chance to play it for free this weekend.It’ll be the one year anniversary of Marvel’s Avengers in a couple of months and it seems fair to say that things have not gone well up until this point.The initial reviews were justifiably poor and, no doubt in part due to the pandemic, the post-launch support has been extremely weak, with the o
- Trent Alexander-Arnold has committed his long-term future at Liverpool. (Picture: Getty)Trent Alexander-Arnold has said he is ‘proud’ and ‘honoured’ after being rewarded with a new long-term contract at Liverpool. The 22-year-old is a product of the club’s Academy and has so far made a total of 179 appearance for his boyhood club. In his short career to date he has already won the Premier League, Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup wit
- Former President Donald Trump told two top Justice Department officials to 'just say the election is corrupt,' according notes of their Dec. 27th phone conversation.
- Rancid brown water has beenswamping rows of huts along Bulverhythe beach in Hastings since Wednesday evening. The beach has been closed and the area was evacuated.
- A video shows a Venice Beach homeless man screeches like a banshee and attacks a rival with stick during a two-on-one brawl while innocent bystanders walked by.
- Ben Stokes has withdrawn from England’s Test squad (Picture: Getty)Ben Stokes will take an indefinite break from all cricket ‘to prioritise his mental well-being and to rest his left index finger’, the ECB have said.Managing Director of England Men’s Cricket, Ashley Giles, said: ‘Ben has shown tremendous courage to open up about his feelings and well-being.‘Our primary focus has always been and will continue to be the mental health and welfare of all of our pe
- Lawrence Handley, 53, sold his healthcare company for $21million in 2015, two years before he filed for divorce from his wife, Schanda in Lafayette, Louisiana.
- A shocking moment was captured on a west London road as a man confronted another during a heated argument with an axe as they stood in the middle of the street
- Tennessee Titans QB Ryan Tannehill didn't want the COVID-19 vaccine, but is getting it because the NFL 'forced his hand' with protocols that would have made his life 'miserable.'
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!