- The Volterra Psychiatric Hospital was known to perform electro-shock and ice water therapy on patients, along with medical experiments, before its closure 44 years ago
More than 100 firefighters are tackling a huge blaze that broke out at a number of derelict factories in Wolverhampton.Last night West Midlands Fire Service said that it had been called to a large fire in ‘numerous’ factories in Horsley Fields.The fire service said that it had more than 100 firefighters at the scene, as well as at least 18 engines, 20 appliances and two
- The new law also applies to foreign residents and tourists, including thousands of Australians who visit the island hotspot.
- Director James Toback, 78, 'prowled' New York City to lure women using his status in the industry, according to a new lawsuit claims brought by 38 women.
- Chris Christensen's late father Jim was described as 'a musical legend in the universe of Walt Disney World'. Chris, 51, took his own life on Saturday at Disneyland, where his father worked for 40 years.
- Ian Clarke took the photos of men whilst they were getting changed at Kentish Town Sports Centre (Picture: Central News)A voyeur secretly took photos of 26 men at a gym and hoarded the images on his google drive, a court heard.Ian Clarke, 65, targeted his naked victims at the Kentish Town Sports Centre in north London between 2019 and 2020.Clarke, of Camden, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court, wearing a black suit with a light green shirt and glasses.He admitted 24 charges of voyeuris
- The horrific crash at the Royal Melbourne Show in September traumatised fairground veteran Brendan Mogler so badly he has now quit after a lifetime on the rides.
Gmail creator predicts total disruption for Google as chatbot ChatGPT challenges tech giant monopolyLatest iteration of artificial intelligence chatbot leading to speculation it could replace popular tools like Google's search engine within two years. ChatGPT was created bya leading AI research lab.
- Whitney’s friends rally round her (Picture: BBC)When Whitney Dean makes the shocking discovery that she is pregnant in EastEnders, she is ‘really scared and worried’, according to actress Shona McGarty.However, she will soon realise that she has a good support network, in the form of her closest friends.One upcoming scene will see Whitney confide in them about her situation and her fears of being a single mum.‘When I read that script, I actually cried because it was so be
- Metropolitan Transit Authority CEO Janno Lieber said New York City's subway turnstiles need to be redesigned to deter fare dodging.
- An Australian council has been ridiculed for unveiling a Christmas tree that some have declared the 'worst in history' after rain and hail battered their ambitious decoration plan.
- Karen James has told how her late husband Paul suddenly started to have headaches which were like a "sinus infection" before collapsing and he was diagnosed with a rare brain tumour
- Stacey Davis, 35, was jailed after she left one-year-old son Ethan Davis at home with 15cm fracture to his skull in 27C heat while she went to get her car washed
- Michelle Oleary, 48, and Ted Fields, 51, were among several people who were struck down with a gastro-illness after attending an event at a Crowne Plaza hotel on the NSW Central Coast.
- Despite opposing donations from billionaires in politics, the Greens have been accused of accepting almost $30,000 from a company owned by one of South Africa's richest people.
- Kirstie Alley has died following a short battle with cancer (Picture: Getty)Cheers’ Kelsey Grammer and Rhea Perlman have led tributes to their late co-star Kirstie Alley following her death from cancer aged 71.The actress died surrounded by her closest family, with a statement describing her as an ‘incredible, fierce and loving mother’.Alley starred in the NBC sitcom from 1987 and played Rebecca Howe.Her character quickly became a fan favourite opposite Ted Danson’s woman
American Express sued for David Jones credit cards after customers thought they were 'loyalty' itemsThe Australian Securities and Investments Commission is seeking penalties from Amex, claiming the firm failed to ensure its credit cards were appropriate for those who applied for them.
- Alex has warned parents to be vigilant (Picture: Daily Echo/Solent News)A dad who had all four limbs amputated and facial reconstruction after contracting Strep A has warned parents to be vigilant as a seventh child in the UK has died from the infection.Alex Lewis, 42, thought he had ‘man flu’ back in 2013 but collapsed and was rushed to hospital where he was given just a three percent chance of survival.He had contracted Strep A, followed by Septicaemia.Reports that a schoolboy from
- Numerous passengers onboard the ship said the impact of the wave was so violent they initially thought they had struck an iceberg. The woman killed was identified as American woman Sheri Zhu, 62.
- Thousands turned up for the Gold Coast Spilt Milk on Sunday, but many have since claimed there were lousy speakers, no crowd control and huge delays getting in and out of the festival.
- Shelley Anne Alabaster, 46, was behind the wheel of her 4WD when she struck the cyclist along Wirraway Parade in Inala, about 3.30am on October 30 last year, the court was told.
- Kirstie Alley has died at the age of 71 (Picture: CHRIS DELMAS/AFP via Getty Images)Iconic actress Kirstie Alley has died at the age of 71 after a battle with cancer.
The star was best known for her roles in Cheers, Veronica’s Closet and Look Who’s Talking.Her death was confirmed in a statement from her children, William “True” Stevenson and Lillie Price Stevenson reading: ‘To all our friends, far and wide around the world…‘We are sad to inform you that
- NASA’s Orion will fly past Apollo 12 and 14 landing sites, although too high up to be able to make out the descent stages of those missions, before heading back to Earth
- An Australian father who allegedly let his son go to bed without medical attention despite complaining of being fatally bitten by a snake could not be found guilty, the man's lawyer claimed
- The drought in Eastern Africa has left 37million people facing acute hunger (Picture: SIMON MAINA/AFP via Getty Images)A local Kenyan woman I recently spoke to told me that when she got to a water collection station, the owner suddenly hiked the price.When the woman said she didn’t have the money, he suggested she ‘pay in kind with sex’. To make sure her family didn’t die of thirst, she was left with no choice.Sadly, this is not an isolated incident.
As Kenya experiences
‘We’ll build statues of oil protestors’ says Chris Packham as he calls on Rishi Sunak to prioritise natureChris Packham says the government isn’t doing enough to protect nature (Picture: Sam Thomson)Perhaps not everyone knows this, but TV presenter Chris Packham and designer Jenny Packham are brother and sister.
Given both have achieved considerable success in their respective fields (really wild success you might say), presumably there’s little cause for sibling rivalry, nor any vying for attention over Christmas dinner. The same can’t be said for the focus of Chris’s l
- Pauline Hanson has expressed her vehement opposition to a proposal by the Greens to lower the voting age to 16, claiming it is pure 'manipulation'.
- Metcash, which supplies products to supermarkets including IGA and Foodland, has revealed the stark price increases while announcing its financial results on the ASX on Monday.
- Co-founder and CEO Alex Harper made a statement announcing the layoffs of '90 talented friends and colleagues' at the Australian cryptocurrency firm.
The Full Moon in Gemini activates your sense of adventure – here’s what each star sign should focus onWhy wait for a New Year to get going? (Picture Getty/Metro.co.uk)The next Full Moon is on December 7, in the sun sign of Sagittarius and therefore its opposing sign of Gemini.
Full Moons always bring a pause in the month to reflect, ponder, contemplate, review, and release. More thought than action.
This Full Moon’s Gemini vibe actually makes it a time that you suddenly really want to talk, to share, to express yourself.
And the theme? Your desire for adventure, new horizons, living sponta
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!