- Just over eighty years ago, on the night of May 10, 1941, Westminster Abbey suffered its worst bomb damage (pictured) of the Second World War.
Jessica Biel recalls agents trying to make her an action star like Angelina Jolie: ‘It wasn’t creatively fulfilling for me’Jessica Biel opens up about how her agents wanted her to be an action star like Angelina Jolie (Picture: Rex)Jessica Biel has revealed how Hollywood agents tried to model her film career on Angelina Jolie by pushing for her to do action movies.The actress first found fame on popular series, 7th Heaven, before she went on to star in a string on hit action flicks including Stealth and The A-Team.However, the actress had initially been hoping to carve out a career path more in line with the likes o
- Have your energy levels dropped? (Picture: Getty)Sunshine is guaranteed to put a smile on people’s faces.But hot weather isn’t without its drawbacks.The intensity of a heatwave (not to mention the sweatiness it brings with it) can leave us feeling sluggish and exhausted – so it’s only natural for energy and productivity to take a hit.With many still working from home, it can be particularly difficult to self-motivate when soaring temperatures are zapping our energy.But, t
We’ve seen many a perplexing Wheel of Fortune blunder, but one hapless contestant in the US couldn’t have got his answer more wrong after attempting to solve a puzzle recently.Matt was sitting on $9,900 (£7k) when he went for it on Thursday evening, clearly thinking he had the rest of the phrase sorted to fill the letters on the board which spelled THE N_ _ T _ _ N_ R
- The Queen 's eldest grandson Peter Phillips and wife Autumn have finally divorced over a year after announcing their separation.
- Nicky Trevorrow found her purr-fect job working with an animal charity (Pictures: Getty/Cats Protection)Nicky Trevorrow had wanted to work with animals since the age of 16, so her role as Cats Protection’s behaviour manager is pretty much her dream job.
Now 37, Nicky is responsible for helping any of the 41,000 cats the charity rehomes every year.From designing kitty accommodation to analysing their body language, she explains what it’s really like to be a cat therapist – and h
- The then Private James O'Connell, 22, was injured in the Battle of Mount Longdon, which took place on the night of June 11-12, 1982, two months after Argentina had invaded the Falklands Islands.
- Salaries for entry-level associates at some top law firms will rise to over $200,000, as the recent law-school graduates reap the benefits of a year of record setting profits for the law industry.
- Saturday’s game surprisingly resumed within hours of the horrific incident (Picture: Getty)UEFA have rejected suggestions Denmark were forced to continue playing after Christian Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest and insist the situation was treated with ‘utmost respect’ for the players.The 29-year-old midfielder collapsed in the first half of Saturday’s Euro 2020 clash with Finland and had to be resuscitated with a defibrillator, though he was conscious and stable when tr
- Dani Dyer welcomed her son Santiago in January (Picture: Instagram)Danny Dyer looked every inch the proud grandfather as he spent the day with his daughter Dani Dyer and her baby son Santiago.The former Love Island winner welcomed her first child with boyfriend Sammy Kimmence in January this year.The new mum, 24, shared a string of pictures from the weekend she shared with her family, including her EastEnders star dad.She shared a lovely photo of the actor sweetly holding Santiago and gently pre
- Wedding bells are ringing in Emmerdale for one of the soap’s signature teen pairings(Picture: ITV)The following article contains major spoilers for this week’s Emmerdale episodes, which can now be viewed on ITV Hub in the form of a boxset.Jacob Gallagher (Joe-Warren Plant) makes a shocking return to the eponymous village this week, delighting mum Leyla Harding (Roxy Shahidi), who is preparing to wed Liam Cavanagh (Johnny McPherson).Leanna (Mimi Slinger), however, isn’t too plea
- Liv lashes out in upcoming scenes (Picture: ITV)The following article contains major spoilers for this week’s Emmerdale episodes, which can now be viewed on ITV Hub in the form of a boxset.Emmerdale’s Liv Flaherty (Isobel Steele) has been struggling to cope with the guilt of Paul Ashdale’s (Reece Dinsdale) demise, which she feels responsible for.She’s been staying at mum Sandra’s for the past couple of weeks, much to the dismay of brother Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller)
- Safeguarding is an incredibly important issue (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)I still recall the first time two female students approached me to make a disclosure.
They were nervous and apprehensive and I understood why once they voiced their concerns. They told me that a male member of staff was behaving in an inappropriate manner, which constituted as sexual harassment.I remained calm – as is my nature – took their statements, and went with them to the safeguarding officer withi
- Duchess of Sussex's estranged dad has shown no signs of wanting to bury the hatchet with his son-in-law, whom he has never met, accusing him of being 'stupid'
- Dating new people repeatedly can be emotionally tiring (Credits: Getty Images)Heartbreak and healing are conversations usually reserved for those fresh out of an official relationship.However, those ‘near but not quite’ relationships can be painful to end and need time to recover from too.The repetition of talking and dating to no healthy avail, investing time and emotional labour to disappointment, can take its toll.A Tweet from Lovehoney’s ambassador, Oloni, has got people sh
- New measures including surge testing and maximising vaccine uptake will also be rolled out in Birmingham, Liverpool and Cheshire to tackle the Delta Covid variant
- Prosecutors in Germany believe convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner snatched Maddie from her bed in Portugal (Pictures: Reuters/Rex)Prime Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner has claimed he is innocent in a letter written from his cell in Germany. In his first ever comment on the case, the convicted paedophile, 44, branded the investigation against him ‘scandalous’ and said the prosecutors leading the probe had ‘brought shame to the legal system’. Th
- What one would you choose? (Picture: @email@example.com/@nailinspolife)As a nation, we spent far too long staring at our chipped nail polish.
When we got the opportunity to go back to the salons, we embraced the opportunity with open arms.
There has never been more colour and patterns on nails. One look on Instagram and the feed is a kaleidoscope of art and we can’t get enough of it.
From pastel floral motifs to abstract shapes, nails are now an extension of personal style. Nails are
- The Home Secretary said she does not support England players taking the knee (Picture: PA/Getty)Football fans have a right to boo England players for taking the knee, the Home Secretary has said.Priti Patel said the practice, which is linked to Black Lives Matter (BLM), amounts to ‘gesture politics’ and launched into a tirade against protests associated with the movement.England players were initially booed by some of the crowd at Wembley as they took a knee ahead of kick-off at thei
- Doctor Who’s Jodie Whittaker has been dealt a huge snub (Picture: BBC)As Jodie Whittaker’s days on Doctor Who are potentially coming to an end, she has been dealt a huge snub, as it was revealed she won’t be on the cover of the Doctor Who Annual for 2022.While nothing has been confirmed, it was reported back in January that Jodie, 38, is due to leave the iconic TV role.The supposed plans would follow the normal pattern of Doctor Who stars leaving after three series in
- China has taken aim at western democracies after the weekend G7 summit and called Australia a 'double-faced' nation in a disturbing propaganda cartoon.
- Bystanders captured the moment 19-year-old Brian Anderson is tasered by Maryland police officerswhile his hands were up for allegedly vaping on the boardwalk and refusing to show his ID.
- Need some help choosing what to name your baby? (Picture: Getty Images)Whether you have a little one on the way or just thinking further down the line, knowing which baby names are popular can help you choose your favourite.BabyCentre’s latest list of popular names in the UK is out – and a new name has been crowned as the favourite for girls.It seems the Royal family has inspired some of the change, with Elizabeth breaking into the top 100 and Archie climbing two places since the end
Larry Lamb still reckons Gavin & Stacey could make another comeback: ‘They’d be very short-sighted if there wasn’t one’Larry says he’s ‘happy to do more’ episodes of the beloved series (Picture: S Meddle/ITV/Shutterstock)Gavin & Stacey star Larry Lamb, 73, on being mistaken for Dirty Den, losing Barbara Windsor and playing an ageing rocker.You’re an old teddy boy in your new film. Was that fun to play?He’s as rough as guff! The film is about two working-class couples who met in Brighton in their teens and in the late 1980s they decide to go back and have a little trip down memor
- Aaron’s ex Lucinda is apparently heading into the villa (Photos: Phil Duncan/ProSports/Shutterstock and Instagram)Footballer Aaron Connolly’s ex Lucinda Strafford is reportedly lined up for Love Island.The Brighton & Hove Albion winger’s former flame – whom he dated for two years before their split back in March – is said to be set for the ITV2 dating show after being made redundant from her job.According to The Sun, the 21-year-old beauty wants to head into the
- Suspected serial killer Andrés, from Mexico, admitted peeling off the face skin of one of his victims because she "was very pretty" before thousands of bone fragments were found at his home
- Peter Phillips and his wife Autumn announced last February they were divorcing after 12 years of marriage. They were expected to hold a court showdown, but today a spokesman for the couple said they 'resolved matters amicably'
- Boris Johnson is expected to extend lockdown beyond June 21 during a Downing Street press conference at 6pm tonight amid spiralling coronavirus infections and hospitalisations
- Busy mum-of-22 Sue was flooded with "lovely" messages after sharing a selfie in a pretty floral dress via Instagram Stories
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with a return to Manchester United this summer (UEFA via Getty)Cristiano Ronaldo is adamant that he is not concentrating on his future after being linked with a surprise return to Manchester United this summer.Last month, reports claimed that the 36-year-old is seriously considering a move back to Old Trafford, while Juventus are open to offloading the Portuguese forward.Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with a move for Ronaldo with reports in Spain clai
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!