- Vicki Burton and Chris were allowed to see newborn son for two hours a day due to Covid-19 - but they've praised charity who helped them through it
- While Britain has brought cases down to around 15,000 per day, Germany's are still hovering around 18,000 despite a month-long 'lockdown light' in which bars and restaurants have been closed.
- Russell was the latest eliminated star on I’m A Celebrity last night (Picture: ITV)Russell Watson has revealed his health issues from his brain tumour battle are so severe that he has to take medication every day or die ‘within days’. The I’m A Celebrity campmate was eliminated on last night’s show, and speaking with Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield today, admitted it took him six years to agree to the series in the first place. However, with his int
- The Last Jedi was released in 2017 (Picture: Rex, LucasFilms)Star Wars director Rian Johnson has revealed he decided to scrap a pivotal scene involving Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi but fans are conflicted about it. During a Twitter Q&A yesterday, the filmmaker responded to a fan who wondered if he ever considered having Anakin Skywalker’s Force ghost meet with his son Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) or Rey (Daisy Ridley) in the 2017 episode.
In the blockbuster franchise, Anakin be
- Kristen stars as Abby in Happiest Season (Picture: Lacey Terrell)The last time I met Kristen Stewart, she was in Venice promoting her fantastic performance as actress Jean Seberg.
With her arms clad in tattoos, a Jillian Dempsey ‘Punk Lock’ chain around her neck and Christian Louboutin brogues, the one-time Twilight star looked wonderfully too-cool-for-school.A year on, I was hoping for something a little more ‘home for the holidays’ – a Christmas jumper, perhaps? A
Greg James reacted to the news that a Covid-19 vaccine has been approved live on air, and it is truly relatable.The United Kingdom has become the first country to approve Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine, with the jab set to roll out from next week.The news was greeted with joy and relief across the UK, and BBC Radio 1 DJ Greg James’s reaction was a real tonic.As the headline was
- You might need to get the tripod out (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Sorry, but your dry spell is about to get a bit longer.
With England coming out of lockdown today – and the arrival of different tiers attributed by region – there’s a mix of new and old rules.Anyone in tier two and three must not mix indoors with anyone from outside their household unless part of a support bubble (this only applies to those you provide care for in some capacity).While you can meet up t
- Tyler Roye, 24, was stabbed five times in the back and abdomen by Samuel Odupitan, 24, in a frenzied attack as he got off a tram in Croydon on his way home from work
- A colleague of Dr Sarka Bakalarova found that she was "10 or 11 times the legal limit" when she arrived for her shift at the United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Jennifer Matthews' heart condition has almost taken her life on more than one occasion and wants to downscale from the house in Ryan Giggs' former neighbourhood
- Penrith Panthers star Brent Naden has been stood down after testing positive to cocaine on the night of the NRL Grand Final.
- Maureen Maguire split up with the former MP in 2013 and said she has no plans to meet with her ex-husband after revelations of his relationship with the NSW Premier brought up bad memories.
Nadine Coyle says Girls Aloud used to be ‘gaffer taped’ into tight stage outfits as weight fluctuatedGirls Aloud had to be taped into their outfits as their weight changed between tours (Picture: Getty)Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle says the band had to be taped into their outfits as their weight changed so often.The girl group, made up of Nadine, Sarah Harding, Cheryl, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts, had stylists on hand to stick their clothes back together in case they ripped while on they performed on stage.Nadine said her band mates were ‘in the best shape of their lives’ whi
- Jones has claimed the prime minister was responsible for China's attack which involved a doctored photo showing an Australian soldier slitting the throat of an Afghan child.
- Dr June Raine, head of the medicines regulator, assured Britons that the world's first approved Covid-19 vaccine will be safe after the UK became the first country to greenlight Pfizer's jab
- Gabriel Martinelli hasn’t played for Arsenal this season due to injury (Picture: Getty)Mikel Arteta has urged Arsenal fans to show patience with Gabriel Martinelli ahead of his imminent first team return.The Brazil Under-21 international joined the club 18 months ago as a virtual unknown from Ituano on the recommendation of former head scout Francis Cagigao.Martinelli scored 10 goals in 26 first team appearances, but featured on only nine occasions under Arteta before he suffered a serious
- A huge operation to roll out 'hug in a box' Covid tests to let care home residents see and cuddle their families has begun - with one relative describing finally embracing her loved one as 'overwhelming'.
- Heart-warming footage of a canine parent guiding rescuers to find her whining puppy has emerged on Chinese social media. The officers followed her to locate the pup in a small gap.
- Boyfriend Dan Colegate provided an update on the investigation into Esther Dingley’s disappearance (Picture: @Estheranddan)Investigators looking into the disappearance of a British backpacker after a hike in the Pyrenees now believe she is not in the mountains are looking at ‘other options’ apart from an accident her boyfriends says.Esther Dingley, 37, set out on a solo trek along the French border with Spain from the Port de la Glere to the Port de Venasque, according to Frenc
Two Black women who own a company that produce decorations and ornaments that feature Black people, have launched a new advert calling for a more diverse Christmas.Natalie Duvall and Alison Burton launched March Muses to help make the festive season more inclusive for Black families, and they hope that their new advert will reinforce this message.The advert shows Natalie’s daughter
- The Prime Minister said the vaccine would be rolled out "as fast as we possibly can" - but wouldn't say how long it would take to get to the huge number of people on the priority list
- Debenhams stores are still open (Picture: Ian Forsyth/Getty Images)Debenhams has been around for over 200 years but yesterday it announced that it is facing closure as last-ditch rescue talks failed.The brand has been in administration since April and there were hopes it would be bought by JD Sports – the last remaining bidder.Sadly, JD Sports pulled out of talks and the administrators said that they would start winding down the business.Debenhams will continue to trade both online and thr
Heartbreaking note man left his family before drowning himself after lockdown destroyed his businessNick Gunnell was described as a 'hidden victim' of the virus after he killed himself in the river in York earlier this summer, an inquest was told.
Sarah Millican left Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield horrified as she revealed she had to keep her dog’s poo in the fridge when he fell ill during lockdown. The South Shields comedian appeared on This Morning and revealed the disgusting lengths she had to go to when her puppy fell sick while the vet’s weren’t open for normal visits. As a result, her and
- The sorry faces of America's long forgotten ne'er do wells captured in captivating police mugs shots from the 1940s are up for auction in Cirencester, near Oxford.
- Two people are said to have been injured in a stabbing on Wednesday inside a shop in The Hague, and have both been taken to hospital by ambulance.
- The figures published by the Covid Tracking Project showed 2,473 deaths and 99,000 hospitalizations in their latest update.
- Solskjaer reacted to the draw (Picture: AFP via Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was pleased to be handed a home draw in the third round of the FA Cup but admitted there were ‘easier’ teams out there than Watford.
Solskjaer will welcome the Hornets to Old Trafford as he continues his search for a first piece of silverware as Manchester United manager.
United haven’t won the FA Cup since Louis van Gaal’s final game in charge in the 2016 final, where they beat Crystal Palace 2-1,
- A US study has dealt a killer blow to claims that the coronavirus emerged from a livestock market in Wuhan last winter, as global evidence proves the virus had spread across the world before then.
- The driver was stopped on the M6 after triggering 32 speed cameras on the same trip (Picture: Triangle News)A speeding driver could have landed himself more than 100 penalty points after setting off 32 speed cameras in one trip.The motorist behind the wheel of a white, 7 Series BMW was caught doing an average 83mph in heavy fog in the early hours of Monday morning on the M6. He sped through motorway roadworks which had a 60mph speed limit and was caught on a succession of cameras.He was eve
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!