- The Queen’s lonely funeral showing highlighted the shared impact of the restrictions (Picture: PA)Boris Johnson faces a fresh wave of anger after it emerged that Downing Street hosted two parties during last year’s Covid restrictions.Up to 30 staff were said to have stayed up drinking until the early hours at two separate events on April 16. while indoor mixing was still banned and the rule of six applied to outdoor gatherings.One event was a leaving do for the PM’s then-direct
‘Every indication’ Putin plans to use ‘military force’ against Ukraine by mid-February: US Deputy Secretary of StateThere is ‘every indication’ that Russia will launch an attack on Ukraine, it’s just a matter of when(Pictures: EPA/Getty)While US officials say there is ‘every indication’ Russian President Vladimir Putin is preparing to launch an attack against Ukraine, some say that an invasion may not take place until after the Winter Olympics.
Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman said on Wednesday that Putin’s planning may be affected by the Winter Games in Beijing, whi
- Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer (right) is reportedly set to step down at the end of the current term (Pictures: Reuters)Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is reportedly stepping down, which would give President Joe Biden the opportunity to nominate a liberal replacement.Breyer, 83, is retiring at the end of the current term, people with knowledge on the matter told NBC News on Wednesday.
He is the high court’s oldest member and one of three liberal justices.
Breaking story, check b
- Declan Haughney, 40, insists he did not realise his uncle Peader Doyle, 66, was dead at the time (Picture: Facebook/Mirrorpix)The man whose dead body was dragged into a post office by his nephew has been pictured for the first time.Declan Haughney, 40, carried Peader Doyle’s dead body into the shop with his friend Gareth Coakley, as they tried to collect his pension.Haughney insists he did not know his 66-year-old uncle was dead at the time, but has faced a fierce backlash.He was seen with
- Perran Cove is a stunning five-bedroom property which overlooks the world-renowned sailing waters of Helford River in Cornwall and features 1.3 acres of gardens and a private path to a little known beach.
- The former boxer said he was left 'speechless' by Germany over their refusal to give substantial military aid and drop their support for the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline.
- The Iranian president touted a closer alliance with Russia in an interview Tuesday, describing how they were trying to 'neutralize' U.S. sanctions with talks about generating up to $10 billion in trade.
- Lia (pictured), 23, and Jill, 42, revealed the 'hell' Matthew Hardy, from Northwich, Cheshire, put them through after creating fake accounts online and bombarding them with messages.
- The thief broke into a vacant storefront next door, used a hammer to break the drywall, and wriggled into Crown Gold Exchange, where he spent five minutes rummaging through the backroom.
- Andrew McDiarmid, 64, who served for 30 years with Merseyside Police, was found with serious injuries at the property in Heswall, Wirral, on Monday, according to his former force.
- One change to the Highway Code known as The Dutch Reach will impact passengers soon. The updated code will be in place from January 29 in a bid to shore up safety on British roads
- Saul Sosa, 32, from Brooklyn, was bundled out of a building by a team of NYPD cops in Borough Park after being arrested for allegedly chasing after people with a machete.
- She doesn’t want to put pressure on anyone in case they ‘don’t turn out to be that good’(Picture: Metro.co.uk/ REX)Dancing On Ice judge Jayne Torvill, 64, on breaking her wrist, the new series and her friendship with Christopher Dean.Ice skating can be a dangerous sport – have you ever injured yourself?I fractured my wrist when I started back training with Chris in September. I’d been skating for less than an hour. It was such a shock – that’s what
Strictly Come Dancing 2021 champion Rose Ayling-Ellis used her social media pages to urge her fans to get behind the Bill to make British Sign Language (BSL) recognised as an official language in England. Rose made history by becoming Strictly’s first-ever Deaf contestant when she took part last year with Giovanni Pernice.The EastEnders star later won the competition and used
- The husband of a former Miss America contestant was slain outside their Montgomery, Alabama, home on Saturday, police say. The fatal shooting happened while the couple's toddler was home
- A man took to TikTok to prove to a fellow New Yorker that his apartment is much smaller than theirs in a video that has been viewed more than 3.2 million times
- Sherry Walker, the co-founder of advocacy group Airline Employees for Health Freedom, spoke out during a protest against vaccine mandates on Sunday in Washington DC.
- Caption: Martin Roberts is actually calling Strictly for a spot in the line-up
Rex/BBCMartin Roberts isn’t even shy to admit he’s been calling Strictly Come Dancing producers desperately asking for a spot on the 2022 line-up.Last month the Homes Under The Hammer presenter was one of the brave stars who stripped completely naked and bared all for ITV’s Strictly The Real Full Monty, raising awareness for cancer charities, inspired by the BBC contest which saw Rose Ayling-Ellis li
- The six-year-old Alaskan Malamute was taken to the vets in Shanxi, northern China by its owner, known as as Ms Xu, where the animal was found to have numerous tumours growing inside its liver.
- Mr Shapps' announcementcomes after Matthew Briggs campaigned for the new charge following the death of his wife Kim (pictured) who was knocked down by reckless cyclist Charlie Alliston.
- Disgusting Jonathan Roberts attacked the woman before defecating outside her home (Picture: North News and Pictures)An abusive stalker attacked his partner and had a poo her driveway during a six week campaign of harassment.
Disgusting Jonathan Roberts, 58, has been jailed after defecating outside the woman’s home in Darlington, County Durham.
In a vile final act, he smeared his own faeces on her drive and numberplate.The horrified victim text Roberts saying, ‘I can’t believe y
- In August 1969, four members of Charles Manson's family murdered pregnant actress Sharon Tate and three others at the home Tate shared with husband Roman Polanski in Beverly Hills, California
Johnny Marr delivers withering response to Morrissey’s plea after Smiths frontman begs: ‘Stop talking about me!’There’s no love lost between Morrissey and Johnny Marr with the pair taking digs at each other online (Picture: Rex/ Getty)Johnny Marr has responded to Morrissey’s request that he stop talking about him in interviews, and he isn’t exactly holding out an olive branch.The former The Smiths frontman penned an open letter to the ex-guitarist, asking him ‘politely’ to stop using his name as ‘clickbait’ because they ‘don’t know’ each other an
- Denis Bounsall survived three different assault landings in eleven months, including D-Day, and won a Distinguished Conduct Medal for bravery. He passed away in Auckland, New Zealand, at the age of 100
- Thomas will exclusively share her story with Sports Illustrated. The interview comes mid controversy about her competing on the women's team. Coach Seth Huston thinks it is unfair to other athletes.
- Manchester United forward Anthony Martial wants to revive his career at Sevilla (Picture: Getty)Anthony Martial has refused to rule out the possibility of extending his stay in Sevilla after joining the club on loan from Manchester United.The 26-year-old was targeted by Sevilla for a number of months and completed his move on Tuesday night, with the Spanish club covering his wages until the end of the season.There is no option to buy on Sevilla’s part but Martial has hinted he could be int
- Everyone is talking about Sue Gray, the powerful UK civil servant in whose hands Boris Johnson's future rests. Here’s what you need to know about Sue Gray's life outside of politics, including her marriage to country singer Bill Conlon
- After a day of bikini-clad fun at the beach, hordes of Aussies hit the town on Wednesday night after a sunny Australia Day for most of the county.
- Stepdad Harry Lay, 36, who lives with wife Kittie, 36, and his three stepchildren in Crickdale, Wiltshire, said he "wanted to cry" when a kind anonymous donor sent them 500 litres of oil for their gas tank
- A mother screamed 'my child, my child' as her five-year-old son was 'snatched and stabbed to death' in Coventry before a woman was arrested on suspicion of his murder.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!