- Small amounts of anxiety are normal, but when should you listen to it? (Picture: Getty)Should you ever trust that voice in your head?That endless chatter that says you forgot to turn off your hair straightener. The utterance that makes you feel like you are trapped, in danger, can’t breathe or speak. And the internal babbling that never gives you a break from danger, worry and anxiousness. That incessant voice is anxiety, a severe condition for many. At some point or an
- The couple bonded over their military work (Picture: Jam Press/@audrey_smiley_moon041)A teenager who married a 61-year-old dad-of-two says her parents have now welcomed him to the family despite calling the police the first time they met him.Military police officer Audrey Cheyenne-Smiley Moon, 19, first met husband Kevin, 61, on dating site Badoo, in January last year.Despite a 42-year age gap between them, she was initially attracted by his bio saying he too was a veteran who had worked for the
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s diet has been copied by a number of his new Man Utd teammates (Picture: Getty)Troy Deeney admits he isn’t surprised Manchester United’s players are copying Cristiano Ronaldo’s dietary habits and claims he would eat ‘horse s***’ if he saw the Portuguese superstar doing so.The 36-year-old returned to Old Trafford earlier this summer and has picked up where he left off, scoring three times in two matches, including a brace in last weekend&rsqu
- Here’s this week’s dramatic Neighbours spoilers (Pictures: Fremantle)There is a bucket load of upset about to hit the Ramsay Street residents when confessions hit the air, someone’s hellbent on revenge, and a sabotage plot is set to rip a couple apart in Neighbours.Rose (Lucy Durack) returned to Erinsborough for the sole purpose of winning Toadie (Ryan Moloney) back, and she’s not leaving without him. His girlfriend Melanie (Lucinda Cowden) is a bit of an obstacle, but th
- Louis Theroux is behind the camera in his next documentary (Picture: Getty)Louis Theroux has voiced his ‘insecurities’ around his success as one of the UK’s most treasured television presenters.The two-time Bafta-winning presenter, who has interviewed everyone from porn stars and swingers in his Weird Weekend days, to Tiger King’s Joe Exotic and Anne Widdecombe, has kept us informed and entertained over almost three decades with his unassuming persona.
Unlike his previous
- Jasmine isn’t happy (Picture: Channel 5)Jasmine (Sam Frost) recently developed an interest in newcomer Cash Newman (Nicholas Cartwright), but after realising he had snooped on her and found out more about her past, she no longer wanted a bar of him.
The situation doesn’t change, even though Cash continues to try his luck with her.Looking for a distraction, Jasmine joins the touch footy, but is annoyed to discover that Cash is the one running the session. She immediately stalks away,
- Oh, Paddy (Picture: ITV)Desperate Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) will agree to Kim Tate’s (Claire King) new partnership idea in Emmerdale, but it involves dangerously doping horses.With nowhere else to turn, Paddy finds himself outside Home Farm, asking for Kim’s help to get rid of Al (Michael Wildman) after he makes an offer on the Woolpack.When a horse breeder tries to low-ball Kim over the value of her new stallion, she realises she can make use of Paddy’s desperation ahead of a
- On a mission (Picture: BBC)Rainie Highway (Tanya Franks) has known for a while that something isn’t quite right about Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) and Linda’s (Kellie Bright) pregnancy journey in EastEnders.But with Mick and Linda determined to keep the truth hidden, they face further problems as Rainie vows she’ll get Max (Jake Wood) to return to Walford.Coming up, Linda is determined that Mick will be the baby’s legal father when he signs the birth certificate.Convinced she
- Only Mary (Picture: ITV)Remember when Mary Taylor (Patti Clare) basically held Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden) hostage in a cottage while wielding a wooden spoon?Who’d have thought the pair would go on to become an iconic and married duo in Coronation Street, providing classic Corrie warmth, bickering and humour?However, that over the top behaviour still resides in Mary as she chugs up a chainsaw and takes off the head of a paperboy.Before you get carried away with complaining Corrie is all d
- Afghan activist who begged Mirror for help reveals she just missed blast and escaped Taliban with mum and sister on plane to new life in the US - she says she's 'alive... but my heart died in Kabul'
- High global demand, maintenance issues and lower solar and wind energy output have all been blamed on the increased cost, which has forced much of the UK's CO2 production to stop.
- The Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg, Melbourne's north-east, has been declared a tier one exposure site after being visited by the positive case on Monday.
- David Gomoh was randomly picked because his killers believed he may have been in a rival gang (Picture: PA)Four gang members have been handed life sentences after stabbing an NHS worker to death in a random killing.David Gomoh, 24, was on the phone to his girlfriend when he was attacked and bled to death in front of his horrified family after staggering home.The marketing graduate was ‘entirely unsuspecting’ when he was jumped on in Canning Town, London, and in the ‘wrong place
- The all-civilian crew broadcast a live-stream as they flew at about 17,500 miles per hour over Europe
- Stacey Lane, of Newton, West Kirby, Merseyside, attacked her former partner's fiancée Shelly Kerr and her mum Paula with a metal crutch while shouting 'happy f***ing wedding week'
- A cautious couple who snake-proofed their home after seeing a python leave their roof were astounded when they saw another massive python break through just several days later.
- Rob Draper, 27, from Wirral was enjoying a warm summer’s evening in late July when a relative innocently slapped his stomach
- Aussies look set to return to our favourite overseas holiday haven - Bali - before Christmas with a positive message from the Indonesian government. But Bali reopening comes down to one thing.
- There has been a surge in interest in people wanting to book foreign holidays (Picture: Getty)Travel agents say this weekend is likely to be the busiest of the year after major changes to international travel rules were announced.
Families have pinned their hopes on a half term break abroad after the Government made it far easier to leave the country.Transport Secretary Grant Shapps revealed on Friday that the complicated traffic light system is set to be replaced from October 4 by a single, red
- The body of miner Graham Dawson, 60, has not yet been recovered, more than three days after the mine collapsed.
- The Man spoilt the EST’s hometown celebration (Picture: WWE)WWE SmackDown was a special night for Bianca Belair as she was back in Knox County, Tennessee – but Becky Lynch ruined the homecoming.Friday’s show added another level of drama to the pair’s rivalry as the blue brand’s champ laid out the EST of WWE following a surprise appearance by Hall of Famer Kane.The Big Red Machine, whose real name is Glen Jacobs and who serves as the real life mayor of Knox County, w
- Reiss Nelson has joined Feyenoord on loan from Arsenal (Picture: YouTube / Getty)Mikel Arteta insists he has full faith in Arsenal’s training methods amid criticism from Feyenoord head coach Arne Slot.
The Dutch club secured the loan signing of Reiss Nelson on deadline day earlier this summer with the England Under-21 international’s career having stalled at his boyhood club.Nelson figured prominently during the early stages of Arteta’s tenure, but injuries and a loss of form c
- While anti-lockdown protests around Australia failed again on Saturday, Melbourne hooligans were determined to win one confrontation with police, so around 100 smashed through police lines.
What I Own: teacher Carman, who put down a £58,000 deposit on her Essex village home with her partnerCarman and Chris in their Great Oakley home (Picture: SWNS)Welcome back to What I Own – Metro.co.uk’s weekly series where we chat to homeowners about mortgages, deposits and more.Last time, we spoke to Natalie who lives up in Leeds, who put down a £132,000 deposit on her five-bed home.This week we are in Essex talking to Carman, who moved in earlier this year with her partner Chris – using money from previous properties for their deposit.This is what she had to say about
- One day in December last year, Calvin Oliver went out to the supermarket. When he saw the huge queue to get in, he turned back.
However, in the five-minute walk home, the university student started to experience intense pain.‘Like pins inserting themselves into my skin,’ he describes. ‘It was intense. As it spread across my entire body I realised my mental anxiety had manifested itself in a new form of physically painful sensations. ‘It made it difficult to go outsid
- Sienna is out for blood in the wake of Brody’s death, but will she find out what happened? (Picture: Lime Pictures)Hollyoaks legend Sienna Blake (Anna Passey) wants nothing more than to get justice for her beloved Brody Hudson (Adam Woodward), who died in her arms following a tragic hit-and-run.
The high school teacher reunited with soulmate Brody in emotional scenes on Tuesday (September 14), butSummer Ranger’s (Rhiannon Clements) return turned everything upside down.Sienna and Brod
- Poor Jade has no idea of what’s to come (Picture: BBC)When a coach crash brings multiple victims to Casualty tonight, nurse Jade Lovall (Gabriella Leon) is called on to use her skills in sign language, as most of the crash victims are deaf. Jade is shocked to discover that one of them is her mother, Susie (Sophie Leigh Stone).In a previous episode we saw Susie and Jade being reunited after Susie put Jade in care when she was three years old, and we discovered that it had been Susie’s
- You’ll get the most space for your money in Burnley (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)When you buy a house, you’re paying for more than just square footage, but an extra bit of room certainly helps.Although we all know you get more for your money in different parts of the country.
But new data from Zoopla has revealed the huge disparity in how much space home-movers’ money will buy them – with the same amount of space costing up to twelve times as much in some areas comp
Rolling Stones star Charlie Watts to be honoured with special tribute at Isle of Wight Festival after deathTributes poured in for the late Charlie Watts (Picture :REX/Shutterstock)Charlie Watts will be honoured with a heartfelt tribute at the Isle of Wight Festival.The Rolling Stones star died last month, with tributes pouring in from around the world.Now, the Isle of Wight Festival will honour the late drummer, with festival boss John Giddings confirming there are plans for a tribute after the band played there in 2007 in an iconic set where they were joined by Amy Winehouse.It’s expected a ph
- Sarah Talbi, 38, learnt to dress herself and brush her own hair using her feet as a child. Her disability doesn't hold her back in caring for her daughter, Lilia, who is now two
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!