- Penrith Panthers young gun Stephen Crichton vividly remembers the deep hurt caused when SBS aired Struggle Street, filmed in the Mount Druitt housing commission streets where he grew up.
- The return of fans to Premier League matches has been delayed (Picture: AFP)The Premier League has issued a statement venting their disappointment after the Government announcement that the return of fans in October has been shelved.Due to the increase in coronavirus cases in the UK, the plan to bring limited crowds back to Premier League grounds has been ‘paused’ for now.There is no time frame put on when the safe return of fans is now likely to happen and the Premier League clubs a
- Do your walks evoke awe? (Picture: Getty)We all know nature is good for both our physical and mental health.Over the years numerous studies have highlighted the positive impact it can have on us.
But, while it’s assumed we need to get outside regularly, new research has found it could be down to quality, not quantity, as a short ‘awe-inspiring’ walk once a week can dramatically improve our mood.
The new study – from Trinity College Dublin and the University of California
- Enzo’s unique markings (Picture: @mister.enzoviola/Instagram)An adorable Golden Retriever with unusual black markings is quite the Instagram sensation.The pooch called Enzo Viola – who currently lives in Texas – was born with a rare genetic mutation which has left him with a very distinctive black patch across the side of his face.Enzo’s appearance has attracted quite the following and his owners, the Castro family, have set up an Instagram account which updates fans on h
- The Milky Way seen behind South Stack lighthouse on the Isle of Anglesey, North Wales. (Peter Byrne/PA Wire)These beautiful images show the trail of stars making up the Milky Way sparkling over the British Isles.The images have been shared by astrophotographer Peter Byrne as the UK moves into the autumn equinox.Captured in Anglesey, North Wales, the cosmic shots serve to remind us of the vastness of the galaxy.‘Our galaxy’s bright core is only visible to those in the northern hemisph
- The Great British Bake Off starts tonight (Picture: Channel 4).Preheat your ovens, because the new series of the Great British Bake Off starts tonight.Fans were worried the coronavirus pandemic may cause disruptions to the Channel 4 baking show, as it had done to many of our other favourite shows such as Line of Duty.However, the dedicated GBBO team did all they could to bring us another series of show stoppers and soggy bottoms.Here’s all you need to know ahead of tonight’s show.Wha
- Microsoft’s killer app (pic: Microsoft)Xbox has gained 5 million new Game Pass subscribers since April, as Microsoft’s subscription service goes from strength to strength.Microsoft’s attempts to push Xbox Game Pass seem to be working, as the company reveals that the number of subscribers has increased by 50% in the past five months.Back in April the total was 10 million and now it’s 15 million, helped no doubt by the lockdown, a number of high-profile game additions, and
- Add some ‘me-time’ to your nighttime routine (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)We all know that self-care can help you get a good night’s sleep. But maybe it’s time to include a more intimate kind of ‘me-time’ in your bedtime routine.According to a new survey conducted by female-focused sex toy brand Femme Funn, 95% of people say they experience a better quality night’s sleep after having an orgasm – backing up the many studies which have foun
Cardi B dresses herself up in all the pearls and lip syncs to WAP after addressing split from OffsetCardi B dresses up in all the peals and lip syncs to WAP (Picture: Instagram)Cardi B decided to take her mind off her split from her husband Offset by dressing up in all the pearls and lip syncing to her hit WAP – and, boy, was she feeling herself.
It’s no surprise why as Cardi looked nothing but fierce, as she posed up a storm in her daring dress that was basically made up of lace-up string and some very strategically placed pearls.
The rapper, 27, teamed her lil number, that was su
- Republican Senator Ted Cruz defended his colleagues' decision to support President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee after failing to back Barack Obama's four years ago.
- Katrina Fouts, left, allegedly killed her husband David, right, with poisoned mushrooms (Pictures: Fox59)A wife Googled information on types of deadly mushroom – then picked some of the fungus and killed her husband with them, prosecutors say. Katrina Fouts was accused of her husband David’s murder five months after his corpse was found in a ditch close to their home in Hamilton County, Indiana.
David’s stomach was found to be filled with a lethal dose of mushroom chunks, with
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Harvard lawyer granddaughter Clara Spera opened up for the first time about the circumstances surrounding Ginsberg's dying wish.
- The widow of NBA star Kobe was forced to defend herself after her mother Sofia Laine gave an explosive interview to Univision airing Monday.
- Some of the winners (Picture:Cuprinol Shed Of The Year 2020)The results of the 2020 Shed of the Year have finally been revealed.After weeks of voting from the shortlist, the winner is the Bedouin Tree-Shed, built around two living tree trunks in Daniel Holloway’s garden in Blackheath, south London.The eight-year project became a special place to be during lockdown for the 55-year-old, his wife Beccy, 51, and their children Sam, 12, and 14-year-old Lyza.Daniel explains: ‘When lockdown
- A group of New York beachgoers who were branded 'racist MAGA supporters' on online after they were filmed in an altercation with Cardi B's sister, are suing the rapper for defamation.
- A man walks passed coronavirus signs in Glasgow, where home visits will be banned from tomorrow (Picture: PA)Scotland is banning household visits across the country from Wednesday,First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said.
Workers in the country have also been asked to continue to work from home if they can. Ms Sturgeon told employers who have encouraged people back into the office to have a ‘rethink’.The First Minister said that data suggests not meeting in home measure has reduced th
- Edouard Mendy is set for a £22m move from Rennes to Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Frank Lampard has confirmed that Edouard Mendy is on the verge of a move to Chelsea and says Petr Cech played an ‘important’ role in luring the goalkeeper to Stamford Bridge.Kepa Arrizabalaga’s woes continued at the weekend as he was partly at fault for both of Sadio Mane’s second-half goals in Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to champions Liverpool in the Premier League.
The error-prone Spaniard
Leah Bracknell’s husband, Jez Hughes, has opened up about the grief he has endured following her tragic death.The Emmerdale actress died in September, 2019, after a long battle with lung cancer, at the age of 55.Appearing on Loose Women to discuss the anniversary of his loss, the author compared the grief to facing a ‘monster’.‘Grief is like a monster, or a person
Grubby YouTube gamer imported Japanese child porn and streamed himself having sex with a doll onlineAdelaide man and YouTube gamer Shane Andrew Lunnay, 35, pleaded guilty to possessing child abuse material and importing prohibited goods.
Katie Price is saving money on hiring an expensive masseuse – by having her daughter Princess do the work for her instead. The My Crazy Life star shared an insight into her at-home care after undergoing surgery on both feet, which she broke during a fall on holiday in Turkey last month. It seems her eldest daughter Princess, 13, has been the one to pick up the slack.
- Manchester United are holding out for a £25m fee for Chris Smalling (Getty Images)Chris Smalling is training alone at Manchester United as the club continue to demand a £25 million transfer fee from Roma, according to reports.The 30-year-old spent last season at Roma and the Serie A club are keen to sign the centre-back on a permanent deal.However, The Telegraph report that United are not willing to accept Roma’s current offer for Smalling and are holding out to receive a &poun
- The government has announced new measures to tackle the second wave of coronavirus (Picture: AFP/Getty)Boris Johnson stopped short of announcing a ban on households mixing as he unveiled a package of measures to fight the coronavirus second wave today.
People in England can still visit family and friends indoors and outdoors unless they live in areas under specific local lockdowns.The rule of six remains in place and anyone caught exceeding the limit now faces a fine of £200 – double
- via mirror.co.ukHuge changes are coming to how we go to pubs, restaurants and kebab shops - and they're set to last all winter. Here's everything we know so far about how they will work
- Fears are growing for Haidee Waters, who was last seen in Montrose, east of Melbourne, at 10pm on Monday.
- A police officer on patrol after new rules making face coverings on public transport compulsory back in June (Picture: AFP via Getty)Face masks will become compulsory for all shop workers, bar staff and taxi passengers as part of new measures designed to curb the rising number of coronavirus infections across England.Boris Johnson told MPs today that fines for failing to wear a face covering will be doubled to £200 and extended to customers in pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues
- A staffer who worked under Dr Anthony Fauci retired after he was found to be writing ‘anti-mask’ conspiracies under a pseudonym for a conservative publication. (Photo: Getty)A worker at the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases will retire after his posts dismissing coronavirus and blasting his boss Dr Anthony Fauci were exposed.
William Crews was revealed on Monday to be the managing editor of the conservative website RedState.com where he trashed the work of the
- Melbourne legal assistant Danae Lomen, 24, is facing huge medical bills after suffering horrific injuries when a cyclist struck her from behind on a shared pathway.
Sky News was abruptly taken off air last night after a fire alarm interrupted the broadcast. Anne Botting was presenting the segment about the government’s new measures to combat the current Covid-19 spike by implementing a 10pm curfew for pubs and restaurants.
The reporter was in the middle of an interview with political correspondent Jon Craig when the emergency alarm sounde
- via mirror.co.ukTesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Lidl and Aldi all insist they have 'good availability' amid a rush on toilet rolls and hygiene products at some supermarkets due to lockdown fears
- Frank Lampard will give two players their Chelsea debuts on Wednesday night (Picture: Getty Images)Frank Lampard ha confirmed that both Thiago Silva and Ben Chilwell are in the Chelsea squad for their Carabao Cup clash with Barnsley on Wednesday night.Silva and Chilwell will make their Blues debuts against the Championship side at Stamford Bridge, but Hakim Ziyech will have to wait for his as he continues to recover from a knee injury.Christian Pulisic is also not quite fit and will not be invol
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!