- Up to 10 per cent of people test positive in the seven days to January 6 in worst-affected places, including the Wirral, West Lancashire, Burnley, Rochdale and Solihull.
- TV icon Christine Baranski has played some excellent characters (Pictures: CBS)Christine Baranski is back on out screens this month with her customary flare as she tackles the part of ‘old money’ matriarch Agnes van Rhijn in Julian Fellowes’ lavish new period drama The Gilded Age, airing on Sky Atlantic.The 69-year-old star has added another feather to her hat with a leading role in this series, but it’s one of several times the actress has wowed on our screens – an
- Sajid Javid said that because Omicron is less severe, unvaccinated employees pose less of a threat to patients than when the policy was introduced while the Delta variant was dominant.
- The country is currently gripped by a persistent bloc of high pressure which is causing clear skies and bright days with temperatures plummeting
- Piers says it was a ‘disgrace’ for Adele to cancel the residency (Picture: Getty)Piers Morgan has eviscerated Adele after the singer abruptly cancelled her Las Vegas residency hours before the first show was set to go ahead. The Easy On Me singer broke down in tears in a video on Thursday night, explaining that she was postponing the four-month residency due to her crew being struck down with Covid and other delays which meant the show wasn’t ready. However, Piers, 56
- David Morris, Tory MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale, told the Commons there was 'no difference' between what Boris Johnson and Sir Keirhad been accused of.
- Fila Lutu, an NHS HR Employee Relations Officer from Chadwell Heath, had been hesitant to take the jab, after reportedly suffering bad reactions to vaccines for other diseases
Marcus Rashford sends message to Anthony Martial after Manchester United forward completes Sevilla moveMan Utd forward Anthony Martial has joined Sevilla on loan (Pictures: Twitter/Getty)Marcus Rashford has sent a supportive message to his ‘brother’ Anthony Martial after he left Manchester United to join Sevilla on loan.It was confirmed on Tuesday evening that Martial, 26, had completed a loan move to Sevilla and would spend the rest of the 2021-22 season in Spain.The Frenchman, who joined United in 2015, completed his medical in Andalusia after Premier League giants Manchester United
- Peter fumed that Disney’s Snow White remake doesn’t make sense (Picture: Getty Images, Rex Features)Disney has issued a response to Peter Dinklage’s criticism of its Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs remake, after he branded it ‘backwards’. The Game of Thrones actor, who has a common form of dwarfism known as achondroplasia, blasted the studio for countering its progressiveness by continuing to tell the story of ‘dwarfs living in a cave’. However
- Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's political action committee spent $30,000 on media training from March until July for the former Trump official.
- New York City could potentially be battered by up to two feet of snow and winds packing gusts of up to 70mph as nor'easter makes its way to the East Coast this weekend.
- The PM found himself at the centre of a criminal investigation when Scotland Yard Commissioner Cressida Dick announced officers were investigating 'a number of' events.
- Queensland has recorded 13,551 new Covid cases and nine deaths.
- Pavlo Tkachuk, the Ukraine National Army Academy commander, at the first demonstration on how to use the anti-tank weapons (Pictures: Reuters)British instructors have started training soldiers in Ukraine on how to operate anti-tank weaponry to resist a possible invasion from president Vladimir Putin’s bigger and better-equipped army.In response to ‘the increasingly threatening behaviour’ from Russia, defence secretary Ben Wallace confirmed last week that arms will be deliv
- Mark Hall, 31, was shot in front of his family when two gunmen armed with handguns fired at least seven shots, including some through the living room window of his mother's home
Joe Biden says Russian invasion into Ukraine would ‘change the world’ and that US troops won’t be therePresident Joe Biden reaffirmed his position on the Ukraine and Russia conflict on Monday, saying he has no intention of putting American troops in Ukraine (Picture: Getty Images)A Russian invasion into Ukraine would ‘change the world,’ President Joe Biden said Tuesday after reaffirming that he has no intention of deploying American troops or NATO forces to the at-risk nation.
While the president reiterated that no American forces would be moving into Ukraine, which is not a NATO coun
- IAN BIRRELL: In 2014, an attempt was made to capture the nearby city of Kharkiv when the Kremlin covertly backed separatists in the eastern region of Ukraine.
- Downing Street officials have handed over photos of parties, including images of Boris Johnson and wine bottles, to her investigators, according to reports. Calls for Mr Johnson to quit grew tonight
- The Buccaneers offered former Tampa Bay receiver Antonio Brown $200,000 to go to a psychiatric facility following his shirtless sideline meltdown on January 2, the receiver told HBO.
Judge ORDERS Mark McGowan to leave Western Australia ahead of his defamation fight with Clive PalmerClive Palmer's defamation lawsuit against the WA premier set to begin next week has been delayed, but Mark McGowan will have to attend in person when he takes the stand.
- Rep. Henry Cuellar said he plans to run a successful campaign for reelection amid a federal investigation potentially tying him to a criminal probe.
- Dad-of-two Dr Gary Jenkins, 54, sustained life-threatening injuries 'at the hands of the trio' in Bute Park and died two weeks later
- A former SEAL who served under the disgraced and acquitted Chief Eddie Gallagher accused him of purposely putting soldiers in the crossfire and regrets not doing more to stop his disgraced commander.
- Rebecca Young slammed Boris Johnson following allegations of a surprise birthday - saying a generation of children have had their childhoods "snatched away" for following lockdown rules throughout pandemic
- NSW reported another 21,030 Covid cases onWednesday as the state reaches a one millionth case of the virus. Premier Dominic Perrottet assured residents hospitality and retail is open for business.
- John Eastman, the lawyer who worked with Trump to overturn the result of the 2020 election, failed in an effort to block lawmakers from getting hold of thousands of his university emails.
- New York experts, who monitored 2,000 women undergoing fertility treatment, said rates of fertilisation and pregnancy were 'the same' regardless of whether women were vaccinated against Covid.
- After things escalate, an update is given (Picture: ITV)Once again Coronation Street’s Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) finds his career in the balance – as well as his freedom – as he’s investigated by the police for allegedly pushing Max Turner (Paddy Bever) down the stairs.As Max is cared for by the doctors and nurses of Weatherfield General, the police investigate what happened. Daniel insists that the whole thing was an accident, and Max tripped on his way out of the fl
- He found out the news just after his 40th birthday (Picture: Metro.co.uk/ Getty)Comedian and Taskmaster star Mark Watson, 41, on being told he’s going to die at 78, the difficulty of writing a film for Toni Collette and being a comic dad.So why should we venture out in chilly January and February to see your stand-up show?January is a cheerless month at times. Many people might feel that we could do without a January and February altogether given that the past 18 months has been somewhat l
- Lourdes Maldonado Lopez asked the Mexican president for help in 2019, after telling him she didn't feel safe - she's the third journalist to be killed so far this year
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!