- via theguardian.comOctober attack ‘a real inconvenience,’ says clerk of the courseSurrey track hosts King George VI Chase on Boxing DayArsonists have burned down the third-last fence at Kempton Park leaving groundstaff at the Surrey track to rebuild it for the King George VI Chase on Boxing Day. The crime was committed shortly before jump racing was due to resume for the winter season at the track, in the Sunbury area near Hampton Court.“Someone burned it to the ground,” said Barney Cliffor
- 'I know you're only wearing masks now so I can't see you grinning from ear to ear'
- via mirror.co.ukCare home staff as well as inpatients and outpatients aged over 80 will be prioritised over NHS frontline staff following the release of new guidelines and amid worries the initial 800,000 doses may be all Britain gets for weeks
- A bodybuilding grandfather spends his time schooling younger men and lifting beautiful women thanks to his incredible fitness.
- Saskia Jones, 23, was fatally stabbed along with Jack Merritt, 25, by convicted terrorist Usman Khan during a prisoner rehabilitation event on November 29, 2019.
- Attorneys for President Donald Trump's reelection campaign told a judge in Nevada that more than 85,000 votes in the state were cast illegally.
- A new survey from Harris Poll found that 42% of U.S. adults would be more likely to get the Covid-19 vaccine if Dr. Anthony Fauci, infectious disease expert, was inoculated first.
- Kat Bailey, 35, of West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire , said she was left 'gobsmacked' after a recent trip to Makroin Nottingham when she was turned away for carrying her daughter with her.
- Malka Leifer, now aged 52, fled Australia to her country of birth in 2008 after allegations of sexual assault from her time running Melbourne's ultra-Orthodox Addas Israel School emerged.
- Tanya Lee, 30, admitted she appeared 'a bad parent' after laying out chicken bones as an 'elf-shaped skeleton' next to a stuffed Grinch toy. Single mother Ms Lee said her son Oscar 'cried and cried'.
- Former Queensland MP Jason Costigan said it's it's 'utter cr*p' that a Chinese developer has been able to block locals from stepping foot on a Whitsundays island after securing 99-year lease.
- Blueberry pickers in the Coffs Harbour region of New South Wales are being severely underpaid and forced to stay in cramped, overpriced accommodation.
Harry Potter book expected to fetch £50k at auction after owner almost sold in car boot sale for 50pA first edition Harry Potter book is expected to sell at a huge £50,000 at auction. The copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was one of 500 in first print run in 1997.
- Daily Mail Australia can reveal their alleged killer had no disagreement whatsoever with the young parents - who were innocent victims of an alleged revenge attack on their housemate.
- Items of historical or cultural value found by bounty hunters will belong to the nation under the plans, announced by ministers yesterday.
- Three Wessex Water employees and one contractor, understood to have been working on top of the silo, were killed when it exploded in Avonmouth yesterday morning.
- The government has added the Covid-19 vaccine to the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme which will pay anyone severely disabled by the medication a tax free lump sum of £120,000.
- Boris Johnson wants the UK to lead the charge ahead of hosting next year's climate talks. He hopes Britain will cut emissions faster than any other major economy and has beefed up his target.
- Researchers have pinpointed three key stages when alcohol poses greatest danger. They found the effect of booze on the brain is worst for unborn children, older teens and over-65s.
- NSW recorded its first Covid-19 case in 25 days after a woman who worked at the Novotel and IBIS quarantine hotels in Sydney's Darling Harbour tested positive on Wednesday.
- via metro.co.ukHorizon Forbidden West – coming to PS4, surprisingly (pic: Sony)The Friday Inbox wonders if it’s best to wait a year before buying a next gen console, as one reader looks forward to the Sam & Max remaster.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Next gen games for next gen machines
So I see Sony has been talking about continuing support for the PlayStation 4 again, which makes me think that God Of War 2 will probably be cross-gen as well. Even as s
- With forces in England and Wales recording 120,000hate incidents in the past five years, a 14-year-old schoolgirl is launching legal action against College of Policing guidance.
- Pfizer's vaccine has not yet been approved by the FDA but Cuomo says once it is, 170,000 doses will be sent to New York to be given out to the most in need of it.
- A daughter came home to find her mother and father suffering stab wounds following a suspected domestic violence incident.
- via mirror.co.ukImperial College London Professor Peter Openshaw said the ideal breeding ground for transmitting Covid-19 is places that play loud music as people have to shout to hear each other, meaning virus-carrying spittle particles are more widely released
- Joe Biden was not wearing his medical boot on Thursday, less than a week after fracturing his right foot. He wore a slip-on suede shoe on his injured foot and a black dress shoe on healthy foot.
- Australia's east coast will face temperatures as high as 47C and storms over the weekend as Fraser Island battles ongoing bushfires.
- More than half of people have admitted not sticking to the letter of last month's temporary lockdown according to researchers at University College London.
- Dr Ian Levy, of the National Cyber Security Centre, said it was braced for a surge in hackers trying to exploit the vaccine roll-out in the coming weeks.
- Khandu Patel, 68, lifted the manhole cover in the garden of his home in Wolverhampton while gardening to discover a large bomb shelter underneath the lawn.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!