Holly Willoughby told Phillip Schofield that she might lick his face if full lockdown restrictions are lifted in June.On Monday, Boris Johnson announced England’s roadmap to exiting the coronavirus lockdown.June 21 is the earliest date the final stage of lockdown will be lifted, meaning there will be no limit on social contact.Weddings could take place at full capacity and nightclu
Ant Middleton ‘wants to recreate Jeremy Clarkson’s The Grand Tour success’ after SAS: Who Dares Wins firingAnt Middleton wants to land his own show after his DIY SOS exit (Picture: Channel 4)Ant Middleton is reportedly hoping to use his SAS: Who Dares Wins exit to launch a comeback similar to Jeremy Clarkson and The Grand Tour.
Channel 4 severed their ties to the drill sergeant earlier this week, stating his ‘personal conduct’ did not align with their values. It was later claimed he made lewd comments about having sex with a female contestant, something which he has denied.
- The victim has been named locally as former Met Police Detective Superintendent, Edwin Williams (Picture: East Anglia News Service)A senior retired police chief has died in a car inferno near his £1 million home.The victim has been named locally as Edwin Williams, a former Metropolitan Police Detective Superintendent, believed to be in his 70s.Mr Williams is thought to have been embroiled in a string of disputes with neighbours in the village of Cavendish, near Sudbury in Suffolk.He is sai
- Gail Porter spoke honestly about her previously experiences with homelessness (Picture: PA; Getty)Gail Porter has opened up about her previous struggles with homelessness, saying she was penniless and left ‘sleeping on benches’ after her TV career dried up.The 49-year-old spoke about how her opportunities were limited when she refused to wear a wig after being diagnosed with alopecia.Gail presented shows likes of CITV and Top of the Pops during a successful career, but spoke about li
- The EU has vowed to take legal action against Britain over trading in Northern Ireland – as chief Brexit negotiator Lord Frost called for bloc chiefs to be ‘friendly’ (Picture: PA/AP/Reuters)The Government’s chief Brexit negotiator has told Brussels to stop sulking about Britain leaving the EU as tensions boil over trade in Northern Ireland.
Cabinet Minister Lord Frost called on bloc officials to ‘shake off any remaining ill will’ towards the UK and ‘ins
Jurgen Klopp explains Roberto Firmino’s Liverpool absence and why Sadio Mane is dropped for Fulham clashThe champions made seven changes after the defeat to Chelsea (Pictures: Getty)Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says Roberto Firmino has picked up a minor knock which has ruled him out of Sunday’s clash with Fulham while Sadio Mane is simply the victim of rotation.The reigning Premier League champions made seven changes from the team that lost to Chelsea on Thursday with star attackers Firmino and Mane the most surprising absentees.With a Champions League last-16 clash against RB Leipzig on Wedn
- Nigel Farage insisted he 'wants his life back' after nearly three decades of campaigning to cut ties with Brussels - insisting he is amazed he has 'stayed sane' amid the 'onslaught' from opponents.
Ariana Grande emerges from love bubble to enjoy rare date night with fiance Dalton Gomez after announcing engagementAriana Grande and Dalton Gomez have been in a bubble of love (Picture: @arianagrande, Instagram)Ariana Grande and her fiance Dalton Gomez have been locked away in a bubble of love since announcing their engagement but the couple came up for air to enjoy a date night over the weekend. The Positions singer headed to the FIA restaurant in Santa Monica, California on Saturday night accompanied by her husband-to-be Dalton. Keeping it casual, Ariana wore an oversized puffer coat and her trad
- Children will return to the classroom tomorrow for the first time since January (Picture: Reuters)Longer school days and shortened holidays could soon be on the cards for schoolchildren to help catch up on studies, the education secretary has said.Gavin Williamson confirmed the Government is considering the measures as part of proposals to get pupils up to speed after months of missed face-to-face learning during the pandemic.Speaking ahead of schools in England reopening to all pupils tomorrow,
- The Prime Minister said he is focusing on the jabs rollout and the economic recovery during a visit to a vaccination centre in Brent, north London (pictured).
- Here’s what to watch to get you up to date on Harry and Meghan (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey is already making waves and it hasn’t even aired yet.
Whether you’re supporting Meghan like her Suits co-star Patrick J Adams, or believe that they’re in the wrong like Piers Morgan, the upcoming interview promises to be a must-watch for anyone interested in the Royal Family.
But focus on the Royals, and Meghan
- Missing person Sarah Everard's family have travelled down from York to London to help in the search around the Clapham Common area for the 33-year-old, last seen on Wednesday
My Feet Are Killing Me returned with a man needing help with his ‘macaroni like’ toenails that smell so badly he needs to wear three pairs of socks.
Michael goes to see foot specialist Dr Brad Schaeffer in the latest episode, saying he was scared to even show anyone his problem because it would ‘give them nightmares’.
Undeterred, Dr Brad quickly removed the socks
- When influencing goes wrong (Picture: @fourlegs_ldn)There’s nothing like influencers behaving badly to tickle people.And one content creator’s brazen antics has been doing the rounds recently.
When a British influencer asked a London restaurant for freebie meals, the establishment decided to have some fun.Not only had the social media personality asked for a meal for themselves in exchange for ‘exposure’, they expected food for their whole bubble of four other people.The
- As Philip remains in hospital following heart surgery, the Queen - supported by five senior Royals - will pay tribute to the way communities and countries united to support each other.
- EXCLUSIVE: Villagers confirmed to MailOnline Edwin Williams (pictured) was the man who died in Cavendish near Sudbury, Suffolk, yesterday morning.
- Chef Lorri Quaye was put out of work during lockdown and began sharing cost-cutting family meal recipes on TikTok to help those who have been hit financially during the pandemic
- Daryl and Dog are together for the first time in the new clip (Picture: AMC)The Walking Dead fans have been obsessed with Daryl Dixon and his four-legged companion for years, and now a new teaser has been revealed which explains the adorable origin story.His canine friend, named simply Dog, has been a big part of the drama, but until now the circumstances in which they found each other have remained a mystery.
AMC has now released a new clip from Sunday’s season 10 episode Find Me, which s
- Boris Johnson warned Brits to be careful not to ‘undo the progress we have made’ (Picture: WPA/Getty)Boris Johnson has vowed to remain ‘cautious’ in easing the lockdown as pupils prepare to return to school for the first time in two months on Monday.The Prime Minister hailed the ‘truly national effort’ to reduce coronavirus levels with the country on the cusp of marking the first phase of lockdown easing as classrooms reopen this week.But, despite an improving
Exceptionally rare £5 gold coin made for Edward VIII's short-lived reign tipped to sell for over £1mThe very rare coin, one of only three known in the world, was struck but never put into circulation as Edward VIII abdicated 11 months after his coronation to marry American Wallis SImpson.
- Boris Johnson said the Government has tried to give frontline health and social care workers ‘as much as we can’ (Picture: PA /Reuters)Boris Johnson has said the Government tried to give NHS staff ‘as much as we can’ after recommending they receive a 1% pay rise.
While visiting a vaccination centre in Brent today, the Prime Minister said he was ‘massively grateful’ to NHS and social care workers who had been ‘heroic’ during the pandemic.He went on:
- Prince Philip is still in hospital recovering from a heart procedure (Picture: PA/AP)Prince Charles is said to be much more concerned about his father’s health than Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, due to air tonight in the US.
The heir to the throne is reportedly ‘deeply worried’ about Prince Philip as he remains in hospital after a heart procedure.A source told the Mail on Sunday: ‘He is a man who feels emotions keenly and is far more concerned abo
- Gary Oldershaw, 53, took to social media after a 'tough' 12-hour shift at Broomfield Hospital's intensive care unit in Chelmsford, Essex, where he saw seven patients lose their lives.
- Ophelia Lovibond will play Carrie Symonds in the upcoming drama about Boris Johnson's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
- After watching stories about it on the news for months, I thought I knew what lying in hospital with Covid-19 would be like. I thought people who go in don’t come out; that every case of Covid-19 on those wards would be the worst kind of case.So, when I was admitted with the virus in January, I feared the worst.As someone who suffers from severe asthma, I’ve taken precautions to limit my chances of catching coronavirus. I wear a mask outside of my house, sanitize my hands regula
- Dr Susan Hopkins of Public Health England told BBC's Andrew Marr Show earlier today that the UK could be hit by a double whammy from Autumn as she urged the nation to be ready.
- Early stages of an investigation suggest the 17-year-old died when he touched an electrical line with a metal pole in what police have branded a "tragic loss of a young man"
- Paulo Otavio took Mu’nas Dabbur down with a horrendous last-ditch challenge (Picture: Getty)Wolfsburg defender Paulo Otavio has issued an emotional apology after his shocking last-man challenge on Hoffenheim’s Mu’nas Dabbur and thanked fans for their messages of support after waking up from a ‘nightmare’.With Hoffenheim leading 2-1, Wolfsburg poured players forward in search of a last-gasp equaliser in Saturday’s thrilling Bundesliga clash at the Rhein-Neckar-
- Neither the Prime Minister nor Gavin Williamson said the measly 1% hike was set in stone - as pressure mounts on them to U-turn and give hard-pressed nurses more money
- It’s about more than stretching (Picture: Getty)With the weather getting warmer, running might feel more appealing.But running when you’re new to it can come with the risk of injury given that it’s a high impact sport.
Equally, if you’re experienced and are stepping up your routine, the same risks apply.It’s important to get the technique right, along with knowing when to take rests and how to support your training.Speaking exclusively to Metro.co.uk, sports scienti
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!