- A healthcare agency worker tells us what it’s like to be made to move to a Covid ward (Credits: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Healthcare workers put their lives at risk out on the frontline of the coronavirus crisis – but some are left out of the conversation. The rapid spread of Covid-19 launched the world into a long-running public health crisis. The UK’s NHS staff have rightly been praised as heroes for their tireless work in treating patients suffering from the virus, at a
Manchester United forward Anthony Martial does not have same ‘world-class movement’ as Edinson Cavani, says Darren BentEdinson Cavani has impressed since his free transfer from PSG to Manchester United (Getty)Manchester United should play Edinson Cavani ahead of Anthony Martial because of the Uruguayan’s ‘world class’ movement, according to Darren Bent.The 33-year-old, who joined United on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain on deadline day, made a huge impact last weekend as he scored twice in the 3-2 victory over Southampton.Martial, meanwhile, has scored just two goals in 10 appearances
- In England 315 people died from coronavirus, while Wales recorded 24 deaths, Scotland 22 and Northern Ireland reported seven.
- Spot the problem? (Picture: Facebook)‘No peaking’ read the gift tag spotted by Vickie Hurles in the South Lanarkshire branch of Bargain Buys.Laughing at the error, the eagle-eyed shopper decided to post it on the Facebook group Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK, with the caption: ‘Make sure when buying your Xmas tags that the grammar is correct, unlike these from bargain buys… Santa says no peaking.’The pack of 20 gift tags costing £1 got a good ribbing from
I’m A Celebrity 2020: Tom Fletcher over the moon as he talks to wife Giovanna for first time in three weeksTom Fletcher spoke to Giovanna for the first time she entered camp (Picture: ITV/Tom Fletcher/Instagram)Tom Fletcher has revealed his joy after talking to wife Giovanna for the first time since she began her journey on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!.The McFly musician had not been able to contact Giovanna for three weeks before she was crowned the first ever Queen of the Castle in Friday’s final.The author and podcast host, 35, was named champion of this year’s seri
- Some pubs have reopened after the second lockdown (Picture: Reuters/PA)Pubs in England have finally been able to open again after a month-long shut-down.
But with 99% of the country living under either tier two or tier three Covid rules, going for a pint has become much more complicated than it used to be.
So called ‘wet pubs’ have suffered the most from the new tier restrictions because they are not allowed to open in large parts of the country.
The Government has made support avail
- John Price - a local potato and cattle farmer - dredged a section of the river Lugg near Leominster in Hertfordshire and stripped a mile-long stretch of the bank of trees and bushes.
- The percentage of people with COVID-19 who are hospitalized is dropping as hospitals are forced to tighten their restrictions on who is admitted due to severe bed shortages.
- Gale-force winds covered the community of Hillside in dry grass from a nearby paddock in a natural phenomenon called 'hairy weed invasion'.
- The actors made the comments during a discussion about politics on Brand's Luminary podcast, Under The Skin, which was released earlier this week.
- A sign, which drivers claim is difficult to see, states motorists are only allowed to park up for a total of 15 minutes
- V went all out for Jin’s birthday (Picture: The Chosunilbo JNS/Imazins via Getty Images)BTS star Jin has revealed the lengths bandmate V went to to make sure he had a good birthday, and it’s all kinds of adorable.The K-pop superstar turned 28 yesterday, with ARMYs all over the world wishing the eldest member of the band a happy birthday.However, Jin was feeling down when he only got a handful of messages from people he knew, so V made sure that he was inundated with messages when he
- Brock Harris, 23, swam into raging surf at Teewah Beach, north of Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, to help a group of swimmers who were caught in a rip. Two men died but a nine-year-old boy was saved.
- Maurice Taylor Sr., a black 34-year-old, was arrested Friday on suspicion of the murder of his two teenage children.
- Ian Wright admits Tottenham are strong favourites to beat Arsenal in Sunday’s north London derby (Picture: YouTube)Ian Wright admits Tottenham are the overwhelming favourites to win Sunday’s north London derby but is still backing his old side Arsenal to clinch what would be a morale-boosting victory.
Jose Mourinho has transformed Spurs into genuine title contenders in the space of 12 months, while Mikel Arteta, despite winning the FA Cup last season, is under mounting pressure follo
- ‘Not even a global pandemic could force Britannia to clean up its act’ (Picture: Universal Images Group/Getty)A ‘filthy hovel’ is how one guest described their experience of Britannia, who have been ranked the UK’s worst hotel chain for the eighth consecutive year.It was the only firm to receive just one star out of five for cleanliness following a survey of more than 4,000 people by consumer group Which?Despite being one of the UK’s cheapest chains, with room
- A man in his 20s has died in Birmingham after being stabbed in the chest and back during an 'appalling' attack in broad daylight. West Midlands Police are also investigating reports of gunshots.
- Missing Melissa Caddick flaunted a $250,000 necklace to friends before she went missing. She was under investigation for allegedly swindling millions from investors.
- Labour leader Keir Starmer, 58, has been forced to self-isolate and work from home. His spokesman said: 'Keir is well and not showing any symptoms.'
- Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer isn't displaying any symptoms and is doing "well", and he will work from home until his period of self-isolation ends, a party spokesperson says
- The horrifying photos were shared to Instagram on Friday and show countless dead sharks lying on the sand of South Stradbroke Island near the Gold Coast.
- (Picture: PA)Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer is self-isolating for a second time after a member of his private office tested positive for coronavirus.A spokesman said: ‘Keir is well and not showing any symptoms. He will now be working from home.’The former human rights lawyer self-isolated in September after a member of his household showed signs of Covid-19.This is a breaking story – more follows.
- Netflix has come under fire for its depiction of the royal family (Picture: Getty/Netflix)An insider has accused Netflix of trolling the Royal Family after posting a ‘sinister’ trailer for a documentary about Princess Diana.Senior palace sources hit out at a post on the streaming service’s official Twitter account, which claimed the documentary Diana: In Her Own Words would provide ‘answers’ to criticism of the latest series of The Crown.The footage shows Princess D
- Sarah Hogg got behind the wheel, despite being double the drink drive limit after celebrating her 50th birthday and lost control of the Honda CR-V. She smashed into 17-year-old Alex Moffitt.
- Fancy buying a section of roof for £500k? (Picture: Allsop)We all know that buying a property in London is absurdly expensive.
But sometimes we need a reminder of just how ridiculous the housing situation truly is.
Case in point: this storage room and roof space in Notting Hill, which is up for sale with a guide price of £500,000.
Let us be clear.
This is not a house with a roof space and storage room, but just space on a roof and a storage room.
You will pay £500,000 – q
- The UK's Covid-19 death toll increased by 315 in England, 24 in Wales, 22 in Scotland and seven in Northern Ireland as the NHS prepares to roll out the world's first coronavirus vaccine
- When the pandemic hit, pubs across Australia were given the crushing news 25 million schooners of beer would need to be thrown out.
- Friday brought dramatic 'thundersnow' to some parts of Scotland, and other parts of the UK woke up to wintry scenes. Areas as far south as Kent and Essex experienced a good dusting.
Eddie Jones 'embarrassed' in front of pupils after Eton teacher chastised him for saying 'manliness'Eddie Jones, 60, was responding to a question from a pupil during an event at Eton College near Windsor, in Berkshire, before a female teacher said she thought it was an 'inappropriate word'.
- Which Tier lets you go with friends? (Picture: Getty Images/Westend61)Lockdown 2.0 is out and a new tier system is in, meaning we’ve got another batch of rules to get used to.With most of the coutry in tiers two or three, there are plenty of people out there wondering about the particular rules around socialisation in public places.In tier one, you can get table service in a cafe as long as said cafe is Covid secure, but what about the other tiers?Coffee shop rules in Tiers two and threeIn
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!