- Essex County Council - which has increased council tax by an average of £50 in the past year - spent £3,769 on a painting of its chairman, John Jowers.
- The Queen is expected to mark Kate Middleton's 10th wedding anniversary with a special surprise to thank her for a decade of royal service
- Official figures showed the unemployment rate was up 0.6 percentage points between September and November compared to the previous quarter.
- The number of people who have been made redundant in the last three months has hit a record high due to the impact of the pandemic, according to official data.There were 828,000 fewer UK workers on the payroll in December than there were last February, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.The redundancy rate soared by 10 points over a year to hit 14.2 per 1,000 in the three months to the end of November – the highest rate ever recorded.Parts of London followed by north-eastern Sco
- Looks tasty, right? (Picture: Fitwaffle Kitchen/Instagram)The home baker who showed us how to make Nutella and marshmallow brownies, easy Lindor cookies, and Oreo and Nutella cookie cups is back at it again with another delicious recipe.
Eloise Head, the founder of FitWaffleKitchen, has this time shared her guide to making Kinder cookie pie.
Yes, that’s exactly what it sounds like – a massive white chocolate chip cookie pie loaded with Kinder chocolate and a layer of white chocolate
- A COVID-19 model predicts that nearly 569,000 people will die by May 1 as health experts reveal that more people are likely to get infected through 'every day activities'.
As if 2021 couldn’t get any weirder, Piers Morgan has teased he may be up for becoming Prime Minister after his government grillings on Good Morning Britain.
A number of campaigns have been launched to put the journalist and presenter into a position of power after a string of interviews with MPs who refuse to answer his line of questioning.
This included Thérèse Coff
- Dr Richard Moakes, from the University of Birmingham, says his formula could help bring the UK out of crippling lockdown restrictions
- Jamie Alexander was inspired by his daughter (Picture: Rubies/@rubiesdad)There’s nothing like the bond between a father and daughter.
Dads will do anything to make their daughters happy and one Toronto dad has done more than most.
After seeing his daughter Ruby, 12, struggle to find bikini bottoms or swimsuits that made her feel confident as a transgender pre-teen, Jamie Alexander took matters into his own hands.
He created a clothing brand, called Rubies, which creates form-fitting clothi
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum Marie talks to the Mirror about the day she lost her her murdered daughter Helen McCourt 'for ever' and her 33-year hunt for the body - as her killer is released despite never revealing the location of her remains
- Boris Johnson will make a final decision on the matter today (Picture: Getty/Reuters)UK arrivals could have to pay more than £1,000 each for 10-day quarantine hotel stays, with Boris Johnson expected to approve a plan today.The Prime Minister is set to make a final decision on Tuesday as fears grow over the new Brazilian and South African coronavirus strains.Senior ministers will discuss a number of options but Whitehall sources have suggested hotel quarantine could apply only to people co
- George gets revenge on John Paul in Hollyoaks (Picture: Lime Pictures)PC George Kiss (Callum Kerr) is hellbent on getting revenge on John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) in Hollyoaks, and with ex Dean Vickers (Paul Sloss) back in the village, he knows just how to do so.
John Paul is on tenterhooks with George after recent events, and therefore when Sally St Claire (Annie Wallace) asks him to set up a meeting with James Nightingale (Gregory Finnegan) to discuss Juliet’s (Niamh Blackshaw) educat
- (Picture: ITV)Jimmy (Nick Miles) and Nicola King (Nicola Wheeler) in Emmerdale are going to be facing a huge nightmare when a stalker watches their home soon, and their son Carl is abducted afterwards.Right now, it’s unknown who could be behind the kidnapping, but with Juliette Holliday set to return, could she be the person behind Jimmy and Nicola’s terrifying ordeal?Juliette is the mother of Carl, following a sperm donation mix up, and Jimmy is thrown soon when she turns up out of
- Gabby flirts with Jamie in Emmerdale (Picture: ITV)Gabby Thomas (Rosie Betham) ends up sleeping with Jamie Tate (Alexander Lincoln) in Emmerdale.
Gabby has been through quite a tough time as of late. After she lied about Liam Cavanagh (Jonny McPherson) making inappropriate advances, the whole community turned against her.
She ultimately found work at HOP, and Kim Tate (Claire King) has seemingly took a shine to her, as she suggests that Gabby be trained up in other areas of the business.Jamie ha
- Billy struggles in EastEnders (Picture: BBC)Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick) finds himself embroiled in the world of drug-dealing in EastEnders, as he makes a desperate move to support his family.
Billy is left broken in upcoming scenes, as he realises that Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold) already knew about Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) and Honey (Emma Barton).
Next week, he’s still very upset about what’s transpired, and therefore asks Phil (Steve McFadden) for work.However, Phil is not p
- (Picture: ITV)Just like her name, Summer Spellman (Harriet Bibby) in Coronation Street has been a glimmer of light during the complicated Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank), Paul Foreman (Peter Ash) and Todd Grimshaw (Gareth Pierce) love triangle.Summer has provided a distraction for the three of them, and wants Todd to get along with Paul and Billy, but is also completely unaware Todd is in the middle of a plan to split the couple up.While Todd is determined to go through with his scheme, could
- Chelsea celebrated hitting the halfway stage of the Premier League season by parting ways with manager Frank Lampard.
Any suggestion his status as a club legend would save him from the axe was proven wrong. Given previous managers’ plights, Lampard – who has the worst points-per-game record of any manager during Roman Abramovich’s reign – can have few complaints.
Indeed, unlike the majority Chelsea managers before him, he could hardly point to a great managerial track rec
- Edge made a sensational return last year (Credit: WWE)Edge made a shock appearance on WWE Raw last night and declared himself for this Sunday’s Royal Rumble match.The Rated R Superstar’s sensational comeback at last year’s event was an emotional moment the fans will never forget nine years after he was forced to retire due to injury.Now, he has confirmed he will be back on January 31 as he tries to get the win this year and go onto WrestleMania 37 to challenge for the world cha
- Huge plumes of smoke were seen coming from the Booderee National Park in Jervis Bay on Tuesday afternoon.
- Peter Dunn and David Friend were both placed on administrative leave on Monday after a Sunday report in The Los Angeles Times cataloguing a series of accusations of sexism, racism and bullying.
- Jaymielee Stewart bought the 'Bucket of Doom Toxic Edition' from the baby and toddler section in Home Bargains in Auldhouse, South Lanarkshire not realising it was for adults
- The CEO of Goya Foods, Robert Unanue, 67, has been told he must seek permission of the board before making media appearances going forward.
- While thousands of Australians carried on the traditional Australia Day cheer with sun-soaked barbecues and a trip to the beach, it appears evident the nation's appetite for a rowdy celebration is over.
- Both a cleaner and shop manager had to break the door down after concerns were raised about a man not emerging from the disabled toilets of the supermarket
- Hayne, 32, and Bonnici, 29, the mother of his daughter Beliviah Ivy, 4, tied the knot at Pullman Magenta Shores resort, on the New South Wales Central Coast, on Tuesday.
- Nine House Democrats who will serve as prosecutors in the upcoming trial carried the written accusation through the Capitol Rotunda and to the Senate chamber on Monday
- Michael Brunelli, who appeared on season six of the reality show, filmed the fenced off grassy knoll and picnic area at North Bondi, in the city's east, on Tuesday.
- High on style and comfort (Pictures: Kitri/Asos/Arket/H&M)Take one look at any online retailer right now and you will see first-hand how our shopping habits have changed. Gone are the endless rows of tight dresses and high heels, and in their place are tracksuit co-ords, activewear and heavy knits. Our waistbands are softer and our silhouettes looser. Nowadays, the feel of the fabric is often more important than the look. And our uniform of choice is exclusively an oversized hoodie
- Sales executive, Brett Alder, who moved his family from California to Texas is slammed for penning an op-ed in which he complained that the locals are rude and the food isn't great.
- Rupert Ellis said a series of strange happenings aroused his suspicions when lights began switching on and off and he would wake up in the middle of the night at certain times
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!