- Janie Kirkland, from South Carolina, was having dinner at burger chain Wendy's when a white SUV smashed through the dining room in Bishopville, US
- PSV Eindhoven striker Cody Gakpo has been one of the stars of the World Cup (Picture: Getty)Former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel would love Cody Gakpo to join his old club but believes Arsenal might represent a better option.The PSV Eindhoven striker has enhanced his burgeoning reputation at the World Cup with two goals in two games for Louis van Gaal’s Holland side.Gakpo has long been on the radar of several Premier League clubs and came close to joining Manchester United in the summer bef
- The Christmas tree shredded all of its needles when it was taken out of the wrapping (Picture: Ginny Zieba/Deadline News)It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in living rooms across the UK – but one woman is feeling anything but festive.Ginny Zieba, from Stockport, says her Christmas tree she bought from Aldi ‘fell to pieces’ when she took it out of the wrapping.She paid £24.99 for the real tree – which Aldi claims is its ‘most popular’ and w
Jill Scott still returning to coffee shop job despite winning I’m A Celebrity: ‘I’m not going to change who I am’Jill Scott will be returning to her coffee shop job James Gourley/ITV/Shutterstock)She might have won I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! but Jill Scott is still planning on heading back to her coffee shop job soon.The former footballer took out the title in the final on Sunday night, which saw Owen Warner come second and Matt Hancock take out third place.Even before retiring earlier this year, Jill worked shifts at her fiancée Shelly Unitt’s coffee shop Boxx2Boxx Coff
- Figures from the 2021 census show 81.7 per cent of residents in England and Wales identified their ethnic group as white on the day of the 2021 census, down from 86 per cent a decade earlier,
- Footage emerged of the drunken louts causing chaos on the flight to Ibiza from Edinburgh, in which the 70-strong group are seen swigging from vodka bottles and causing chaos.
- The one that got away? (pic: Metro.co.uk)Twitch streamer xQc could have been the one going on dates with Amouranth, if he had taken the hint and given her his number on time. Amouranth has recently been going on a bunch of first dates, which she streams on her Twitch channel for her fans to follow along, in vlog style videos. From a personal trainer to a professional athlete, she seems to have plenty of good-looking guys waiting in line to go out with her, now that she’s ready to
- Jessie James Decker is not taking kindly to claims she edited photos of her kids (Picture: Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty Images)US country singer Jessie James Decker has refuted the suggestion she Photoshopped abs onto her young children, following intense criticism from followers.The star, 34, shared sweet snapshots of her children, daughter Vivianne, eight, and sons Eric Jr., seven, and Forrest, four, on family holiday in Mexico alongside her husband, former NFL star husband Eric Decker, 35
- O’Neill’s, in central Cardiff on the corner of St Mary Street and Wood Street, wants to create a ‘safe atmosphere’ (Picture: Media Wales)A Welsh pub concerned about ‘extreme levels of passion and support’ during tonight’s World Cup match has banned England supporters from watching.Staff at O’Neill’s, in central Cardiff on the corner of St Mary Street and Wood Street, say they want to create a ‘safe atmosphere’ for people to enjoy
- Less than half of the population of England and Wales now describes itself as Christian.It’s the first time ever the religious group has fallen beolw representing a majority.The scale of the change in the country’s religious identity was laid bare in new data released from the 2021 census.
This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] Or you can subm
- Doctors mistakingly diagnosed Alex Jamieson, 39, with Crohn's disease but after an emergency operation, surgeons told the devastated mum she has bowel cancer - giving her only 14 months to live
- Jude Lane, 18, was enjoying his Schoolies weekend with friends at a caravan park in Port Eliott, 80km south from Adelaide in South Australia, when the shocking incident unfolded.
- Clearance firm The Rubbish Removers shared clips of their eight-man team wading through knee-high piles of rubbish, discarded beer bottles and urine-filled containers at the Lancashire property.
Vladimir Putin was left twitching his feet today as he was given the cold shoulder by his ‘ally’ Kazakh president Kassym-Jomart Tokayev.It is not the first time the inscrutable central Asian leader has made clear his disapproval of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.During Moscow talks, the cameras show how Tokayev studiously refused to look Putin in the eye.As they met, the Rus
Toy Story 3 audio illusion has fans utterly torn as debate rages over if Ken says “oh Barbie” or “oh f***”It’s a rather… unexpected revelation (Picture: Disney/TikTok)A short clip from hit kids’ film Toy Story 3 has caused a massive stir online after a TikTok user claimed they could hear the film’s Ken doll using a distinctly non-Disney expletive.The 2010 Disney-Pixar flick introduced Barbie’s iconic boyfriend Ken (voiced by Michael Keaton) for the first time, showing him as an underling to villain Lotso who is still salty over Barbie dumping him.In the scene doing the
- The Rolls-Royce AE2100 Hydrogen Test at Boscombe Down (Credits: Steve M Smith FBIPP)Low-cost airline easyJet and aerospace manufacturer Rolls-Royce said they have powered a concept aircraft engine with hydrogen in a world-first.The companies claimed the ground test was a ‘major step’ towards proving that hydrogen could be a zero-carbon aviation fuel.The test took place at the Ministry of Defence’s Boscombe Down site in Amesbury, Wiltshire.EasyJet and Rolls-Royce
- A culinary masterpiece (Picture: @themodernproper/TikTok)Brussels sprouts get a lot of stick as the last-picked-for-the-plate part of a Christmas dinner.Most of us, if we’re totally honest, would rather go without – but feel some kind of festive obligation to serve them up every year.In fact, a study last year found that the green vegetable could soon die out, with just 26% of 18 to 24-year-olds saying they were pro-Brussels sprouts.But what if we told you there’s a recipe that
- The phone line can be used to speak out about officers of all ranks as well as police staff who abuse their power and position of trust
- The docu-series is expected to give a closer insight into their life together (Picture: Victoria Jones/AFP via Getty Images)The release date for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming docu-series on Netflix is said to have been revealed – and it could be coming just around the corner.In September 2020, after stepping down as senior working members of the royal family, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed a multi-million dollar deal with the streaming platform.The deal involved wo
- It featured in one of the most notorious deaths in Coronation Street history, and now Tram Number 710 is about to get a new home as volunteers have raised the money to save it.The tram featured in a Corrie storyline back in 1989. Rita Fairclough (Barbara Knox), as she was then, was in a relationship with Alan Bradley (Mark Eden), father of current Rovers landlady Jenny (Sally Ann Matthews).
Rita was foster mother to Jenny, and had a tempestuous and difficult relationship with Alan. He cheated on
- MoneySavingExpert founder Martin Lewis has shared a clever loophole for TV lovers to get Apple TV+ for just £2 - but it involves one crucial step that shoppers have just hours to follow
- Casualty went up against shows from many other countries (Picture: BBC)The winners of this year’s Rose d’Or award ceremony have been announced – and Casualty has picked up a gong.
The Rose d’Or award ceremony has been happening since 1961 and recognises excellence in programming and broadcasting.The nominees were selected by a panel of 100 judges, with EastEnders and Casualty making it into the Soaps and Telenovela category alongside TV shows from Portugal, Canada, Brazil
- Mr Palmer had made it halfway across the pedestrian crossing when the vehicle rammed into him as it drove through a red light. The tourist was flung into the air like a ragdoll.
- David Miliband - who fled to the US to run an aid agency after failing to become leader in 2010 - repeatedly refused to rule out standing to become an MP at the next election.
- Sir Iain, a leading critic of China, lashed out at Mr Sunak's stance and dismissed the PM's call for 'robust pragmatism' as a 'contradiction in terms'.
- Argentina and Lionel Messi face a battle to reach the World Cup last 16 (PA)The final round of World Cup group games gets underway on Tuesday with several key sides still unsure of their place in the last 16.Here is a rundown of what every team needs to make it out of their World Cup group this week…GROUP ACody Gakpo is hunting for his third World Cup goal for Netherlands (VCG via Getty)Netherlands need a win or draw against Qatar, who are already eliminated, to qualify.Netherlands will a
- The WitcherRemake – now a reimaging rather than a straight remake (pic: CD Projekt)The remake of the first The Witcher game will be a very different experience to the original as CD Projekt call it a ‘modern reimagining’.CD Projekt’s announcement that they’re going to remake the first The Witcher game, from 2007, was one that was met with an understandable amount of apathy, considering the original was never released on consoles and most people have never played it.
- Kirsty Warner and her children, five and ten, are having to live in a cramped Travelodge room after their landlord decided to sell their former home, leaving them homeless
- Mum Michelle says she felt itchy all over as she and her husband had to act fast to avoid an infestation after picking up the fruit at her local Waitrose in Edinburgh
- Former X Factor contestant and rugby player Levi Davis has been missing since October 29, when he travelled to Barcelona alone, having left friends in Ibiza suddenly to take a ferry. So far a police investigation has proved fruitless in locating him.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!