- TOM LEONARD: Gymnastics prodigy Nadia Comaneci was only six years old when Bela Karolyi spotted her and a friend performing cartwheels in Romania.
- Hundreds of long-distance services were partially or fully cancelled over the weekend after cracks were discovered during tests early on Saturday on the chassis area of some Hitachi Class 800 series.
- A California megamansion, the estate of LA plastic surgeon Dr. Raj Kanodia has hit the market for $99 million. The house comes with a champagne-tasting room.
- Hundreds of bikers rode through London as part of a rally campaigning for protection against prosecution for soldiers involved in the Troubles - something the Daily Mail has long called for.
- Florida now has the distinction of being the home to the most variant COVID-19 cases in the country as state health officials reported more than 11,800 cases of COVID-19 variants.
- The backlash over the Government's foreign holidays roadmap intensified last night as figures showed the grounding of planes has blown a £3billion hole in Treasury coffers.
- The 58-year-old was crossing Windin Falls in Cairns, Far North Queensland, at about 1pm on Sunday when she slipped in the natural infinite pool and was knocked unconscious.
- Drones will be used to deliver health and safety equipment, such as Covid testing kits, to the Isles of Scilly, by Royal Mail as part of a trial using the technology to access remote areas of Britain.
- Sir David Attenborough has warned the world faces 'crippling problems' because of climate change after being given a role as the People's Advocate at this year's Cop26 summit in Glasgow.
- The Government has vowed to set out plans to fix the broken social care sector in the coming 'weeks and months' but these may not come in front of Parliament before the end of the year.
- Joel Pimentel has quit CNCO (Picture: Getty)Latin boyband CNCO are to continue as a foursome after member Joel Pimentel announced he has quit.The singer will leave the group after a livestream performance that is scheduled to take place on May 14.The four remaining members – Richard Camacho, Zabdiel De Jesus, Erick Colon and Christopher Velez – will continue without Joel.A statement posted on their social media channels read: ‘CNCOwners! We want to start by saying how much we t
Race, Pop & Power: Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne Pinnock was ‘scared of losing fans’ with release of new documentaryLeigh-Anne Pinnock chats to other women who have been negatively impacted by racism (Picture: Getty, @leighannepinnock, Instagram)Ahead of her new documentary Race, Pop & Power, Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock revealed that she was scared of the backlash she might face with its release.The new BBC Three documentary highlights racism in modern society and discusses issues of colourism, which is the prejudicial treatment of people of the same race based on the colour of their skin
- What will Monday bring? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.ukWondering what’s in store for you this week?Take a peek at what will be coming your way this Monday with your daily horoscope.
Are you in a restless mood today, Taurus? With the Moon merging with energising Uranus in your sign, your mind might be on other things, especially if they can provide entertainment.Ready for a lifestyle change, Capricorn? Start at home with a declutter.
As for the other signs, read on to find out your destiny.For
- Officers confiscated blades in an initiative aimed at curbing violence
- A survey for the Royal College of Nursing found 70 per cent said numbers were too low and 28 per cent said they feared they or their families may not get needed care
- A survey revealed that people want the issue at the top of the Prime Minister's in-tray
- Philippa Day, 27, from Nottingham, was found collapsed at her home beside a letter rejecting her request for an at-home benefits assessment, and died after two months in a coma
- The revelation came from spooks at the National Cyber Security Centre ahead of a two-day conference
- The naturalist and broadcaster will play a key role in promoting the major get-together aimed at saving the planet
- Coldplay will launch Brits from Thames (Picture: Parlophone, Atlantic, Reuters)Coldplay are to end their ban on touring after hiring eco-experts to get them gigging again.The band refused to take last album Everyday Life on the road over fears of polluting the planet — and said fans wouldn’t see them again until their stadium shows were ‘environmentally beneficial’.Now, ahead of their performance from a barge on the Thames to kick off tomorrow’s Brits, frontman Chri
EastEnders spoilers: Isaac Baptiste will face polarising reactions to his schizophrenia after ditching pillsIsaac faces troubling times ahead (Picture: BBC)EastEnders has confirmed a long running storyline for Isaac Baptiste (Stevie Basaula), who experiences symptoms of his schizophrenia after he stops taking his medication in coming weeks.
And as his illness becomes common knowledge in the Square, EastEnders will explore polarising opinions and attitudes towards the often misunderstood illness.
EastEnders have been working closely with leading mental health charity Mind to accurately and sensitively
- A desperate search is underway for Lauren Rafferty, 12, who went missing overnight in southern New South Wales.
- Mohamed Zuhbi arrived in Melbourne on a flight from Turkey about 4pm on Saturday and was taken into custody by counterterrorism authorities at the airport.
- Some care home workers were worried about the safety of jabs, others had declined them for religious reasons, while several claimed the vaccination programme was a 'conspiracy'.
- Holly said she wanted to make her parents proud by appearing on the show (Picture: Channel 4)SAS: Who Dares Wins viewers praised show bosses for including transgender contestant Holly on the Channel 4 show.Some fans asked for more trans representation on the primetime action-packed series which returned to screens on Sunday night.Project manager Holly, 32, said she wanted to ‘make her parents proud’ after admitting she’d struggled to fit in all her life.Holly collapsed on a Sco
- Alan Shearer praised Edinson Cavani (Picture: BBC)Alan Shearer heaped praise onto ‘deadly’ Edinson Cavani and believes Manchester United have to do everything they can to keep him.
Cavani came off the bench to notch his ninth Premier League goal of the season on Sunday, as Manchester United beat Aston Villa 3-1.
He has scored 15 goals in all competitions in his debut season in English football, with Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer working to convince him to extend his
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry celebrated Mother's Day by donating diapers, supplies and other items to an organization that serves homeless pregnant women and their babies.
- A man is due to face court after two police cars were rammed in Geelong.
AJ Pritchard praises ‘inspirational’ girlfriend Abbie Quinnen as she celebrates birthday after horror fireAJ Pritchard made sure Abbie Quinnen was spoiled on her 24th birthday (Picture: @aj11ace, Instagram)AJ Pritchard shared a sweet birthday tribute to his girlfriend Abbie Quinnen following the freak fire accident that left her with serious burns. I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here star AJ pulled out all the stops for Abbie’s 24th birthday this weekend, decorating their flat with huge balloons and filling the living room with presents and a cake.
In an Instagram post of the
- Around 106 Australian women who have had breast implants have been diagnosed breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!