- Michael van Gerwen meets Gary Anderson in the Grand Slam of Darts on Saturday night (Picture:Getty Images)Simon Whitlock has backed Gary Anderson to beat Michael van Gerwen in their huge Grand Slam of Darts second round match on Saturday night.The two former world champions meet in the last 16 in Coventry with the winner going on to face Whitlock in the quarter-finals.Van Gerwen will undoubtedly be the favourite for the contest, with the world number one winning all three of his group stage matc
- The stocky brock ‘misjudged the width of his backside’.A badger had to be freed by the RSPCA after getting its bum wedged in a garden fence.
The stocky brock got tried to force its way between two panels but got stuck in someone’s garden in Ashford, Kent.A concerned housecaller called the RSPCA for help and the charity managed to save the creature.Fortunately the animal didn’t appear to be injured during its ordeal on November 12.
RSPCA Chief Inspector Mark Miles said: &l
- The city of Bundaberg was on Saturday identified as the target of the attack.
- Christopher Snowden claims the Government has laid waste to Britain on the basis of 'dubious projections'. He lays out in detail the true cost of lockdown and whether it was even worth it.
- Australians have been warned to check on vulnerable friends and family this weekend as parts of the country swelter through temperatures as high as 50C.
- It warns that the plans are based on a 'highly uncertain estimate' of how visitors will react to the changes, and predicts it will make the UK 'less attractive for affected tourists'.
- Hollie Arnold has become the first star eliminated from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here (Picture: ITV)Hollie Arnold has become the first person to be eliminated from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!The Paralympian, 26, got the fewest public votes, and was booted off the show, by hosts Ant and Dec.She lasted 14 days on the ITV show.Hollie was walked out of the castle by her campmates, including Beverley Callard, Shane Richie and AJ Pritchard.I’m A Celebrity
- Sir Philip Green, photographed earlier this week on his £100m superyacht in Monaco, discovered his Arcadia Group is teetering on the brink of collapse risking 13,000 jobs.
- The president retweeted and wrote a total of 14 tweets on Thursday, including several after he grew visibly angry with a Reuters reporter during a press conference at the White House.
- Matiyas Bekuretsion vanished while swimming with three friends in rough conditions at Scarborough Beach in Perth about 8pm on Monday.
- The Greenoaks house contains a piece of history in its lavish garden - an ancient oak tree planted by Capability Brown. It is close to London but situated in Moor Park, Hertfordshire.
- The proportion of women being handed Penalty Notices for Disorder for the offence has almost doubled since 2013 - from 25 per cent to 47 per cent in 2019.
Forestry minister Lord Goldsmith urges Mail readers to plant for posterity before National Tree WeekFollowing the success of last year's Be A Tree Angel campaign, forestry minister Lord Goldsmith is calling on readers to mark the start of National Tree Week.
- A source told Fox News discussions between the President-elect's team and Blocker began just days after the presidential election.
- A Daily Mail investigation has revealed how UK councils are harvesting millions of personal details about residents via a system called Covid OneView - criticised for its lack of transparency.
- This week, the Mail tracked down former royal protection officer Peter Cross, now 72, and spoke exclusively to his former partner, Gillian Nicholls, who was privy to many of his secrets.
- When I was three or perhaps four years old, I realised that I had been born into the wrong body and should really be a girl. It is the earliest memory of my life.
- UK Government scientists warned that any relaxation of restrictions over the festive period could result in a 'large rise' in transmission rates which could see prevalence of the virus 'easily double'.
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Self-isolating since the start of this crisis, the Queen will have been eagerly looking forward to being reunited with her family at Christmas.
As the first dance documentary from Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland, it was only right that the focus would be on her long-time friend and collaborator Debbie Allen.The trailblazing Hollywood star is well-known for her iconic work on screen, on stage, and behind the camera. From starring in Fame and choreographing the Oscars, to playing Catherine Fox in Grey’s Anatomy and directing
- Under a 'virtual lockdown' revealed on Thursday, 99 per cent of the population was put in the top two tiers, which ban household gatherings and cripple the hospitality trade.
- JAMES MIDDLETON: As a soft grey dawn breaks over Loch Affric in the Scottish Highlands, my fiancee Alizee and I stand at the water's edge in bathrobes, sipping our morning tea.
- NHS hospitals hospitals could receive the first deliveries of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine between December 7 and December 9, and given to NHS staff the following week, a report has said.
- Merseyside psychic Claire Stone has taken a High Court case accusing fellow psychic Alexandra Wenman of infringing on her business by using the name Archangel Alchemy.
- (Picture: BBC)Katy Lewis (Simone Lahbib) has been working hard on gaslighting child abuse victim Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) in EastEnders into believing that memories he has of their relationship when he was 12.Mick is deeply confused as he recalls his trauma but Katy insists that he has confused real life with fantasy. But when he insists on visiting the care home where he stayed when under Katy’s care, she is deeply worried as memories start to stir.Mick and Katy visit the care home where
- The former leader will attempt to establish that staff from Sir Keir's office attended private meetings where an agreement was discussed.
Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke sent Laura Adlington supportive message over her Great British Bake Off stint, and our minds are blown.Laura made it to the final round of the Channel 4 competition, and was narrowly beaten by winner Peter Sawkins.Despite not being crowned champion, she may have won in another way – after revealing Emilia slid into her DMs to compliment her baki
- Oliver Luke, 18, strangled the women and forced them into sex acts both in private and at public areas such as a St Austell cemetery and the grounds of Camborne Conservative Club in Cornwall.
- Heathrow will go on strike next week (Getty)Heathrow workers will strike next Tuesday, the airport has confirmed. Members of the Unite trade union will proceed with industrial action, protesting job cuts as well as re-hiring on reduced pay.The strike, which was announced by Unite on November 16, will involve firefighters, engineers, campus security, baggage operations, operational and airside workers, and will effectively close the airport.But it is not expected to affect passenger journeys
- Vernon Kay opened up on life with Tess Daly on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here (Picture: Getty)Vernon Kay’s daughter didn’t recognise her mum and Tess Daly were the same person, the presenter revealed on tonight’s instalment of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!The stars were sitting around the campfire swapping family tales, as Vernon told the adorable tale of the time his older daughter Phoebe realised the Strictly Come Dancing host was the very
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!