Gareth Bale’s agent reveals Real Madrid star’s conversation with Jose Mourinho over Tottenham transfervia metro.co.ukThe Wales international looks increasingly likely to return to north London (Picture: Getty Images)Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale has spoken to Jose Mourinho and told him that he wants to return to Tottenham Hotspur, though the Spurs boss is remaining coy on the deal.Talks over a sensational deal to sign the Welshman – likely on loan with Real paying a large percentage of his salary – have accelerated in recent days and hours, with the two clubs now close to reaching an agreement.
JK Rowling shakes off transgender row as controversial new book shoots straight to top of the chartsJK Rowling's latest book Troubled Blood, which features a male killer who dresses up in women's clothes, has reignited claims that the Harry Potter author is 'transphobic'.
- A mother has shared a hilarious image of her four-year-old son stuck in a Chupachup tin.
- The 87-page report was released on Wednesday by the Republican-led Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Finance Committee.
- Durham University was shaken by claims new students were planning a competition for 'posh lads' to have sex with the poorest girl on campus.
- Fly-in-fly-out worker Thomas Forster, 35, had to be fitted with an electronic ankle bracket after breaching Western Australian hotel quarantine on multiple occasions.
- Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron defended a grand jury's decision to clear three officers of charges in Breonna Taylor's killing at a news conference on Wednesday afternoon.
- Revellers from Leeds, London and Middlesborough were seen stepping out in full force as they took advantage of their last night of freedom before new measures come in.
- Sir Trevor McDonald, 81, who rose to prominence as the presenter of ITN's News at Ten, has separated from his wife Jo and moved out of the family home, according to reports.
- Local infection rates will be used to split parts of England into one of three categories that will determine the restrictions in place in the region under the plan.
- Father Raymond Harris (pictured left), 27, has been remembered for 'the happiness he brought to his daughter' after he was stabbed to death during an alleged brawl on the Gold Coast on Wednesday.
- Thomas Tran, 20, was allegedly stabbed in his heart by Lindim Aliti, 18, during a gang attack at a shopping strip in Oakleigh, in Melbourne's southeast, in June.
- Larger outbreaks of coronavirus are expected at the end of the academic term as students move around the UK to travel home during their two-week break.
- McDonald's UK and Ireland CEO Paul Pomroy has confirmed 800 restaurants will continue to offer delivery and drive-thru orders through the night despite 10pm curfew
- President Donald Trump praised Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron's 'fantastic' handling of the Breonna Taylor case after a grand jury indicted a single officer in connection with her killing.
- In a passionate intervention to Boris Johnson's six-month Covid clampdown, Julian Metcalfe, who founded Pret A Manger and Itsu, said the prosperity of the nation is now at stake.
- The Commons culture select committee urged ministers to use the pause created by the latest Covid-19 restrictions to take steps to enable venues to plan a return of audiences to full capacity.
- When police put out the news autistic teenager William Wall had been found dead it was accompanied by an ominous statement.
- Hospitality businesses fear mounting job losses and closures as the 10pm curfew law kicks in from today in the government's bid to halt the UK's coronavirus second wave
- Patients will be given warnings about the addiction risks of opioid medicines.Doctors or pharmacists will have to talk about the risks of prescription and over-the-counter opioid medicine
- The UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak cancelled plans for a full-scale Budget in November, with sources saying it was 'not the time' for a long-term plan.
- via metro.co.ukSonic The Hedgehog – would you care if Microsoft owned him? (pic: Sega)The Thursday Inbox is worried that Microsoft will start an acquisition war with Sony, as one reader is proud to play Ring Fit Adventure.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Whales and minnows
Am I the only one that doesn’t want Microsoft to buy Sega? Or anyone, frankly. I really do not want to see the games industry being owned by just two or three companies. That’s alread
- 'Sister, I am so sorry,' Breonna Taylor's sister, Juniyah Palmer, wrote on Instagram next to a photo of the two together. A Louisville grand jury declined to indict officers who shot Taylor dead.
- via theguardian.comIsrael announces plans for stricter lockdown; Paris to unveil tighter restrictions; Follow the latest updatesGlobal report: Trump calls 200,000 US coronavirus deaths ‘a shame’
Follow new restrictions or risk a second lockdown, Johnson warns UKWeekly number of new cases at highest level, says WHOSee all our coronavirus coverage 12.41am BST Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday announced plans for a strict, two-week nationwide lockdown in a bid to slow a raging coronav
- The closures in Marseille (pictured) - which start on Monday - were announced by Olivier Véran on Wednesday as part of a nationwide series of tough new measures.
- Pubs, bars and restaurants marked the final night for the foreseeable future that they are legally allowed to stay open past 10pm before fresh coronavirus lockdown restrictions hit England later today
- The bakery chain has rushed to reassure its customers that supplies should not be affected due to a large reserve of frozen stock in Newcastle (file photo).
- University Hospitals Plymouth Trust has been prosecuted and fined for failing to be 'transparent' about the death of Elsie Woodfield, 91, who died at Derriford Hospital after going in for an endoscopy.
- The former Sydney Roosters and Rabbitohs captain, 51, has opened up about his 20-year-old business Garlo's Pies which has boomed into a $20million worldwide empire.
- via theguardian.comBrett Hankison indicted on charges of wanton endangermentNo officers directly charged in Taylor’s deathAnger erupted on Wednesday when a grand jury brought no charges against Louisville police for the killing of Breonna Taylor during a drug raid gone wrong.Prosecutors in Kentucky said the officers who fired their weapons at Taylor were justified in using force to protect themselves. Continue reading...
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!