- A Pakistani man who died when his car sank in floodwaters in Sydney's west six weeks ago will be farewelled by family and friends at a prayer service in Sydney.
- A team of rescuers were called in to save the whale at Richmond Lock and Weir in south-west London (Picture: Reuters/LNP)A whale has been freed after marooning itself along the River Thames in south-west London.Hundreds gathered at Richmond Lock and Weir on Sunday evening after the small whale, believed to be a Minke, became stuck on the lock’s boat rollers.Footage showed the four-metre long animal getting hosed down by a man believed to be a Port of London Authority (PLA) staffer.A vet th
- Initiatives like Mental Health Awareness Week give us, and the many mental health charities, the opportunity to speak up and out even more loudly than usual (Picture: metro.co.uk/Mylo)There are some people who believe that mental health shouldn’t be a subject that is discussed once a year as part of an ‘awareness week’. It’s certainly something we at Metro.co.uk feel strongly about, which is why mental health and wellbeing is very much part of the fabric of our site.
- Son Minh Nguyen, 42, Richard Schaaf, 29, and his brother Frederick, 27 were all listed to face Sutherland Local Court on Monday charged over their alleged roles in the debacle.
- David Reid, 48, pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to the manslaughter of his parents Diana, 71, and Graham, 75, at their Sutherland home where he had lived all his life.
Dr Hilary Jones has warned that hugs could pose a risk ahead of social distancing rules loosening next week as he joined today’s Good Morning Britain.Hugs with family and friends and indoor socialising are expected to be allowed from next week as Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces further easing of coronavirus restrictions in England.The next stage of the road map out of lockd
Champion surfer bravely competes in the Margaret River Pro just hours after the death of her brotherBronte Macaulay has surfed in the Margret River Pro semi final soon after the death of her brother. Jack Macaulay's sudden death has shocked the West Australian surfing community.
- BeatBody Dysmorphic Disorder Foundation
The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)Help Musicians UKJust Like UsMale VoicEDMental Health FoundationMindRethink Mental IllnessSamaritansSEEDSteppers UKYoung Minds Metro.co.uk MHAW TakeoverThis year, to mark Mental Health Awareness Week, Metro.co.uk has invited eight well-known mental health advocates to take over our site.With a brilliant team that includes Alex Beresford, Russell Kane, Frankie Bridge, Anton Ferdinand, Sam Thompson, Scarlett Moffat
- The concerning study identified per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in animals at multiple colonies of fur seals in Victoria and sea lions in South Australia.
- He is set to confirm the third stage of unlocking in England can proceed on May 17 (Picture: AFP / Reuters)The prime minister is set to hold a press conference this afternoon to lay out the next stage of the lifting of coronavirus lockdown measures.Boris Johnson will confirm at 5pm that the third stage of unlocking in England can proceed one week from today, on May 17.It comes as the Government revealed the latest data shows its four tests, or ‘conditions’, for easing the rules have
- The Institute of Fiscal Studies has carried out research which shows employee earnings increase with age and experience and therefore it makes more sense to increase contributions
- The nation's top infectious disease expert was asked if he agreed with the idea that it was time to start relaxing guidance regarding wearing masks inside. 'I think so', he said.
- Two men, a 35-year-old and a 23-year-old, have been charged with a number of drug offences as a result of the discovery and will appear in Townsville Magistrate's Court in June.
- Pictures of the waterholes, which sit above Rainbow Falls at Blackdown Tableland National Park in the state's central east, were shared on a popular travel Facebook page on Sunday.
- Taylor Swift is set to get the big prize at the Brits this month (Picture: FilmMagic)Taylor Swift will receive the Brits global icon award at this year’s ceremony.She is the first female artist to receive the Brits’ highest accolade, following in the footsteps of previous winners David Bowie, Sir Elton John and Robbie Williams.A multi-million selling international superstar and songwriter, Taylor will be presented with the award in recognition of her ‘immense impact on music ac
- Roy reflected on his life as he sat by Nina’s bedside (Pictures: ITV)Roy Cropper’s (David Neilson) life has changed a great deal since he took niece Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher) under his wing in Coronation Street.The relationship was a rocky one to start, but things for Nina and Roy have now developed into something quite beautiful. Roy and Nina both understand each other (near enough!) and we’re truly now starting to see a father-daughter dynamic between the two of them.In s
- Will Asha follow Corey’s orders? (Pictures: ITV)Seb Franklin (Harry Visinoni) and Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher) were subject to an unprovoked and vicious attack by Corey Brent’s (Maximus Evans) gang in recent episodes of Coronation Street.After the pair were sent to hospital, Seb’s injuries were too severe and following deterioration, the doctor broke the news to Abi (Sally Carman) and Kevin (Michael Le Vell) that the ventilator was the only thing keeping Seb alive.Now Abi has
- Attorney General Bill Barr reportedly threatened to quit in the spring of 2020 over former president Donald Trump's attempt to fire FBI Director Chris Wray.
- via mirror.co.ukConservative leaders believe the number of people who owned their homes was the key to the party's gains in last week's local elections, it has been reported
- Up your camping game with Zara’s latest collection (Picture: Getty/Zara)With most of our travel plans set firmly for home this summer, some of us may be braving the outdoors by camping.
An activity loved by many and loathed by more; camping is far from a five-star hotel stay. The conditions are harsh, the aesthetics are almost military-like and clothing and accessories are utilitarian.
However, Zara is trying to change perceptions of camping getaways with its new outdoor range.
These are I
- Lauren Morelli and Samira Wiley have become parents (Picture: Getty/Instagram)Orange Is The New Black star Samira Wiley and her wife Lauren Morelli have welcomed their first daughter.
The actress, who played Poussey Washington in the Netflix comedy-drama series, announced the couple has named their firstborn George Elizabeth and that she arrived last month.Samira revealed her wife had given birth in a heartwarming post on Instagram alongside a photo of their bundle of joy gripping onto both of t
- Dario Berzosa Sánchez, 34, was down at Bondi Beach over the weekend with his drone when he noticed the bizarre movement in the water.
- James Dean, 35, a former Halifax and Chorley striker, was last seen on May 5 (Picture: Lancashire Police)The body of a former professional footballer has been found following a four-day search.James Dean, 35, a former Halifax and Chorley striker, was seen in the Orchard Drive area of Oswaldtwistle, near Blackburn, at around midnight on May 5.
A body fitting his description was then found at 2.25pm on Sunday, in the Moscow Mill Street area, following an extensive search by police officers and vol
- via mirror.co.ukThere was chanting of 'freedom' as people partied in city streets and on beaches but there were fears that restrictions aimed at tackling coronavirus had been lifted too soon
- The shocked occupants called in professional beekeeper Paul Wood from Brisbane Backyard Bees to remove the unwelcome guests from the ceiling of their Logan home.
- A jury has found footballer Jack de Belin not guilty of a sexual assault in company charge by a jury.
- Sydney's housing affordability crisis is now so bad that 39.1 per cent of couples earning $143,500 a year between them can't afford a house. In Melbourne, 28.7 per cent are in this position.
- A road rules quiz asking drivers about whether they can overtake a truck has infuriated motorists.
- Ferragudo in Faro, the Algarve, Portugal (Picture: Getty)The UK’s green list and kick-off date for the slow reopening of international travel (May 17) has been announced.Since we’ve been grounded more or less since March 2020, it’s no surprise that many are frantically searching for holidays.Portugal, Greece, Spain and Cape Verde are among the tantalising destinations currently intriguing British travellers.But while dreaming and planning for a future trip is great fun, should
On The Road With: Skye Edwards on getting caught in a riot in Chile and rubbing shoulders with stars in EdinburghSkye Edwards talks us through her travelsIn the latest edition of On The Road With, we chat with Skye Edwards.The lead vocalist of Morcheeba talks about feeding elephants oranges on safari in South Africa, getting caught up in an all-out riot in Chile and mixing with the stars in Edinburgh.What’s your favourite on-the-road moment?On safari in South Africa in 2018 at the Inverdoorn Game Reserve, a 10,000-hectare reserve in the Karoo, two and a half hours’ drive from Cape Town.It blew
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!