- The recently departed Gunners coach is still a big fan of Ozil (Picture: Getty Images)Freddie Ljungberg would not have axed Mesut Ozil from Arsenal’s squad and believes the side miss his creativity in certain games, though feels he no longer suits the style or formation Mikel Arteta favours.The German World Cup winner was omitted from both Arsenal’s Premier League and Europa League squad lists and appears to have played his final game for the club, with his contract expiring next sum
- Sebastian Gabriel Podar, 48, was arrested at Dover Port on December 2 as he waited to board a cross channel ferry to France with nine migrants hidden in the back of his truck, pictured.
- An urgent fire alert has been issued to residents on Fraser Island as a blaze bears down on a resort.
- The biggest ever EuroMillions jackpot will be up for grabs again on Tuesday after the huge prize was not won - giving Brits another chance to become the country's record lottery winner
- Professor Marty Makary slammed the FDA for meeting to review the Pfizer vaccine on December 10 even though it had already gained approval in the U.K.
- The funding will help Boris Johnson 's Government reach its target of planting 30,000 hectares (74,000 acres) of trees every year across the UK by 2025..
- Donald Trump is reportedly considering pardons for as many as 20 people before he leaves office, including the star of Netflix series Tiger King Joe Exotic, his family and himself.
- DOMINIC SANDBROOK: A day to remember, in a year to forget. That was Health Secretary Matt Hancock's verdict on Wednesday, after news that Britain had approved a Covid-19 vaccine.
- Daisy's owner Sam Horowitz, an accountant from Brooklyn, New York, posted the image on Twitter. Others quickly saw the uncanny resemblance to Hitchcock and the picture went viral
- The heartbroken Australian woman who gave birth to her first child just two weeks after losing her beloved husband has welcomed a second baby with her new partner.
- The Australian Seven Group chief executive confirmed the pregnancy on Friday after sharing the news with family and friends during the week.
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak will end VAT refunds for international visitors to British shops from January 1 as part of Brexit. Businesses and MPs have warned that 40,000 jobs will be lost
- Zelda: Breath Of The Wild – you can only play it for the first time once (pic: Nintendo)GameCentral readers imagine what games they’d go back to if they could somehow wipe their memory of playing them the first time round.The subject for this week’s Hot Topic was suggested by reader Stone Cold Steve Austin, and while it’s not possible (unless you know someone that’s really good at hypnosis) it was interesting to see which games people would like to experience again
- Ghost Of Tsushima was actually made in America (pic: Sony)A reader worries that reports of Sony moving away from Japanese games development are true and that doing so plays into Microsoft’s hands.For years now Sony has been disengaging itself from the Japanese games industry and positioning PlayStation as a primarily American brand. They deny it, of course, but it’s been obvious since at least 2016, when they reorganised the division to be based in America and not Japan.This was prob
- What’s the best way to stop scalpers? (pic: Microsoft)A reader is exasperated at scalpers charging extra for PS5 and Xbox Series X on eBay and calls on Microsoft and Sony to do more.If there is one thing that isn’t really good for anyone it is when you have a lack of consoles and then have to wait months for the next batch, only to not be guaranteed to get one. Both Sony and Microsoft have managed to sell lots of next gen consoles in a very short period of time, however a very large
- JOHN HUMPHRYS: Last night, Brexit negotiations appear to have taken a dramatic turn for the worse. But it is possible that even as I write these words compromises are being agreed,
- Frank Lindsay, from Narre Warren, 38km south-east of Melbourne, began building the toys to be given to kids in need with his wife Joan 20 years ago.
- Nariah Ellison, 18, was spotted with a group of people in Manchester city centre during the first coronavirus lockdown in April. He proclaimed he 'didn't care' about the rules when he was stopped.
- The FTSE 100 rose nearly 1 per cent to 6550.23, a level last seen on March 5. The rise took gains since November to more than 17 per cent, adding £250billion to Britain's blue-chip companies.
- A judge in Brooklyn on Friday night ordered that the Department of Homeland Security must resume accepting applications for the DACA program, in a victory for immigration advocates.
- campaigners have succeeded in having 'Essex girl' taken out of the Oxford Dictionary because the definition invokes a 'very offensive' stereotype.
Kim Kardashian has given us all a glimpse at her Christmas decorations for this year – and it seems she’s gone all out with the Whoville theme again.The reality star gave fans a tour around her lavish California home, revealing she brought back the Dr Seuss-inspired cotton wool trees which she had used in her house last year.She also showed off her huge Christmas tree, and it
- The UK's four chief medical officers have warned easing coronavirus restrictions over Christmas could lead to further Covid-19 infections, putting additional pressure on the NHS
- National guidance means entire care homes have to be closed to relatives wishing to visit their loved ones for 28 days when someone inside tests positive - twice the standard isolation period.
- Shaun has given fans a glimpse of his baby son (Picture: Channel 4)Gogglebox star Shaun Malone opened tonight’s episode with an introduction to his baby son Louis – and viewers couldn’t handle the cuteness.Shaun and his partner Jade welcomed their first child together back in July, although the newborn had yet to make an appearance in the series.Tonight, the 25-year-old finally gave viewers a glimpse of the four-month-old tot, with the two appearing together right at the beginn
- The vaccine rollout will be ‘one of the greatest challenges the NHS has ever faced’ (Picture: Reuters/EPA)GP surgeries have been told to be ready to start staffing coronavirus vaccine centres by mid-December. Sites must be prepared to administer nearly 1,000 doses of the vaccine to priority patients within three-and-a-half days of the jabs being delivered on December 14.The NHS’s medical director for primary care Dr Nikita Kanani said the vaccination programme will be &lsq
- Luca Parmitano conducting a previous BioRock experiment ahead of the UK-led biomining-in-space experiment, which has the potential to provide resources for future missions to the moon and Mars (Credits: PA)A UK-led mining-in-space experiment, which has the potential to provide resources for future missions to the moon and Mars, is due to take off for its journey to the International Space Station (ISS) on Saturday.Experiments on the (ISS) have shown that the process of biomining will work in mic
- Hotel chain Britannia has been named the worst for the eighth year running in a Which? survey of 4,000 guests as UV lights showed stained towels, broken glass and hair in toilets
- Secret Cinema bringing us Dirty Dancing dates for 2021Secret Cinema has confirm new 2021 dates for showings of Dirty Dancing.The pandemic decimated the events scene in 2020, and now many are looking to bounce back in 2021.
With renewed hope in the current wave of Covid-19 vaccinations, event organisers appear to be slowly ramping up their efforts once again.
One such organiser looking to reschedule is Secret Cinema, who are now attempting to finally make good on their last scheduled production.T
Ant McPartlin shared a rare shout-out to girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett during the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! final.The ITV presenter has been in a relationship with his former PA since 2018, following his split from ex-wife Lisa Armstrong.Proving just how loved-up he is with the mum-of-two, the 45-year-old branded her his ‘happy place’, during Jordan No
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!