- The revelation came from spooks at the National Cyber Security Centre ahead of a two-day conference
- States faced a mad dash to shut government offices after President Joe Biden signed legislation creating Juneteenth as a U.S. federal holiday and giving workers Friday
- Enrique has questions to answer after Spain’s slow start (Picture: Pool via REUTERS)If Spain are to progress from the group stages then Luis Enrique somehow has to find the right players to fit into a system of play in which the opposition allows you total domination of possession.I expect the games against Poland tomorrow and Slovakia next Wednesday will be an exact replica of their opening game with Sweden.There is a default style of play to use against Spain, one in which you defend nar
Caroline Flack’s family thankful as charity trek undertaken by her celebrity pals raises thousands for SamaritansCaroline Flack was remembered with a charity trek to raise money for Samaritans (Picture: Getty Images)A charity trek in memory of late TV presenter Caroline Flack raised almost £30,000 for Samaritans, and her family is incredibly grateful.Singer Olly Murs, who was a close friend of Flack and co-presented The X Factor with her, was part of a group of her close friends and family aiming to climb 24 peaks in 24 hours in a bid to raise awareness and funds for the suicide prevention charity.Lo
- James played for Wales in the Euro 2016 semi-final (Picture: Matthew Ashton – AMA/Getty Images)The Stoke and Wales defender on the Dragons’ chances at Euro 2020 and Christian Eriksen’s shock collapse.What was the aim for Wales at this tournament?It’s hard to say but probably because of the (young) age of the players and the squad overall, the Euros would have been a bonus.
These were players picked with World Cup qualification in mind and to get the experience of tourname
‘I have no doubt’: Lorraine Kelly boldly predicts Piers Morgan will return to Good Morning Britain despite explosive exit over Meghan Markle rowLorraine has ‘no doubt’ Piers will be back in GMB (Picture: ITV)Lorraine Kelly predicts Piers Morgan will be back on Good Morning Britain after he sensationally quit earlier this year. Following a record number of Ofcom complaints about his remarks dismissing Meghan Markle’s mental health and a row with GMB weatherman Alex Beresford, Piers left the ITV programme with immediate effect back in March. While he’s only doubled down on his remarks about the Duchess of
- The 'Black Panther of Oxford' Sasha Johnson, 27, was shot at a 30th birthday party in Peckham, south London. Two men appeared in court charged with conspiracy to murder today.
- A familiar face was spotted among the hoards of supporters arriving into LondonEngland and Scotland fans have filled the streets of London ahead of the two old rivals’ grudge match at Wembley later.
Members of the Tartan Army have been flooding into the capital since yesterday, enjoying themselves in spots including Kings Cross and Leicester Square.
They’ve been joined by hundreds of England supporters today, despite the relentless heavy rain putting a dampener on proceedings.
- Channel 5 bosses have apologised and paid damages to a woman featured in an episode of a television programme called Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!, a High Court judge has been told.
- Xavier Hernandez, 21, passed awayMarch 1, after being rushed to hospital from Boulevard Heights - a school set up for disabled students in Fort Worth.
- Butlins and Pontins customers have been left disappointed due to cancellations, as Brits opt for holidays in the UK this summer due to the continued travel restrictions
- Kadan and Brooklyn Rockett say they were jailed twice without due process for repeatedly refusing to live with their divorced mother, court papers reveal.
- Ella Halliday (pictured), 18, fell from the Irwell Chambers building in Liverpool, Merseyside, on June 1. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Semi-Detached has not been granted an extension (Picture: BBC / Getty)Lee Mack’s sitcom Semi-Detached has been axed after just one season.The 52-year-old comedy star led the cast of the BBC Two comedy as wedding DJ and perennial loser Stuart, who faces a mid-life crisis with his ex-wife living a few feet from his new family.Set in a suburban cul-de-sac, the series followed Lee’s character Stuart in real-time, with each episode a 30-minute window into his claustrophobic, complicated l
- The British Meat Processors Association and the British Poultry Council are demanding urgent action from ministers to protect food supplies as the festive favourite is put at risk
- Officer Amanda Rosales struck a wounded man lying in a street Sunday night when responding to reports of a shooting in Springfield, Ohio. Eric Cole, 42, was flown to the hospital, where he died.
- Police have quizzed the couple at a police station in Sussex after officers traced their moves in Brighton on Saturday.
- Medics have forbidden 28-year-old Melissa Laurie, a zoo keeper, from flying for at least two weeks as she recovers from a punctured lung which she suffered when she was attacked by a crocodile in Mexico.
- Paul Ritchie bombarded ex-Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and former Commons Speaker John Bercow with torrent of abuse, including death threats.
- Greek police say Babis Anagnostopoulos tried to disguise the murder of Caroline Crouch as a burglary-gone-wrong because he wanted to raise their daughter.
- Could Holly take Piers’ place on GMB? (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)Several Good Morning Britain viewers have called for This Morning’s Holly Willoughby to replace Piers Morgan on the show and host with Susanna Reid.Earlier this week, it was announced that money expert Martin Lewis is to join Susanna on ITV’s GMB for a guest stint from Monday June 28 to Wednesday June 30.He’ll be stepping into Piers’ shoes following the broadcaster’s departure from the
- Rain and thunderstorms are set to batter South East England in the coming days (Pictures: LNP / PA / REX / EPA )Rain and thunderstorms are set to batter South East England in the coming days, bringing an end to the stretch of sunny weather seen earlier this month.
Temperatures have dropped across the whole of the UK, which recorded the hottest day of the year so far just four days ago.
In start contrast to the sweltering heat and clear blue skies seen at the start of he week, torrential downpour
- The senior Financial Times correspondent banked on the Tories holding their safe seat (Picture: Jim Pickard @PickardJE)A senior politics journalist has made good on a promise to eat his hat if the Lib Dems beat the heavily-favoured Tories in Monday’s shock by-election loss for Boris Johnson.The Buckinghamshire constituency was seen as a Tory safe seat for decades, with bookies offering 15/1 odds of a Lib Dem victory in the run-up to the vote.Odds rose to 4/1 amid reports that internal Libe
- Jake Harris, 33, and Sam Newstead, 31, were enjoying a drinks in Rochester, Kent when they had a brainwave and after plugging holes in the skiplowered it into the River Medway.
- Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley has condemned both the NFL and the players' union over new COVID-19 protocols that lift constraints on vaccinated players.
- Richard Alex 'Alec' Murdaugh has offered a sample to investigators and is 'willing to do anything' to help find the killer of his son Paul, 22, and wife Margaret, 52, his brothers told GMA.
- Mourinho aimed a fresh dig at Deschamps (Picture: Getty)Jose Mourinho continued his war of wards with France manager Didier Deschamps, suggesting he is bitter because of a Champions League defeat 17 years ago.
Mourinho, the Manchester United and Chelsea manager, drew an angry response from the French coach when he claimed it would be an ‘unsuccessful Euros’ if the reigning world champions failed to win the tournament.
Deschamps sassily responded: ‘I thought the same thing about
- Maybe they’re just skipping ahead to Bayonetta 4? (pic: PlatinumGames)Nintendo has insisted that Bayonetta 3 ‘definitely still exists’ but there’s still no clue as to when it will be revealed or released.Given the entire project was restarted from scratch in early 2019, it wasn’t much of a surprise to find that Metroid Prime 4 wasn’t part of Nintendo’s E3 2021 showcase. They did mention it though, confirming it was still underway, but there was absolutel
- EXCLUSIVE: A poll for MailOnline found 61 per cent assess it is 'likely' or 'very likely' that restrictions will need to be reimposed later in 2021.
- Armed police were called at around 10.50pm last night to reports of a man suffering gunshot wounds in Balham, south London. The victim was rushed to hospital but pronounced dead 45 minutes later.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!