Frank Lampard left Thiago Silva out of his Chelsea side for Saturday’s game against Newcastle (Picture: BT Sport)Frank Lampard insists it was a ‘smart’ decision to leave Thiago Silva out of the Chelsea side he selected to face Newcastle on Saturday.The experienced Brazil international has been in outstanding form since his move to Stamford Bridge from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, playing a pivotal role in Chelsea’s defensive improvement.
Silva, 36, played twice for
- Coal exports to the Asian nation have dropped 96 per cent in the first three weeks of November as 82 Australian ships laden with 8.8 million tonnes of coal are left floating off Chinese ports.
- Julie-Ann Finney fears 'absolutely' more deaths will occur following the release of the report into alleged war crimes in Afghanistan.
- A schoolbus carrying 40 children has collided with another bus in Sydney, injuring two children.
- Australian Dr Kylie Moore-Gilbert's relationship with an Israeli citizen was the reason she was stopped at Tehran airport in 2018 and imprisoned in the Middle East on espionage charges.
- Tamara Saukin, 44, of Staten Island, had been partaking in one of her daily strolls through Cloves Lake Park, in Sunnyside, when she disappeared at around 6:30am on November 18.
- Boris Johnson faces a Tory cronyism revolt after trying to secure a £90,000-a-year party post for a 'political novice' Ross Kempsell, who is one of fiancée Carrie Symonds's best friends.
- The UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak yesterday did not rule out raising income tax, VAT or National Insurance in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
GQ Men of the Year Awards: Jack Whitehall dubs 2020 a ‘s**tastrophe’: ‘How long ago does Tiger King feel?’Jack Whitehall hosted 2020’s GQ Men of the Year Awards (Picture: PA)Jack Whitehall used his GQ Men of the Year Awards 2020 in association with Hugo Boss opening monologue to lay into the government as well as the star-studded Imagine video as he lamented the ‘s**tastrophe’ of 2020. The comedian, 32, was filmed speaking to an empty auditorium, saying: ‘We are here at the stunning Coliseum Theatre. Ah theatres, do you remember them? No, me neither.‘We were actual
- They are examining leaked recordings of two online training sessions for trail hunters - which allegedly include discussions on how to get round the anti-hunting law.
Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas ‘thinking about second baby’ after settling into life with daughter WillaJoe Jonas and Sophie Turner are loving life as new parents (Picture: BACKGRID)Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner are reportedly thinking about expanding their family after settling into parenthood with their four-month-old daughter Willa. The Game Of Thrones actress, 25, and her Jonas Brothers beau, 31, are reportedly hoping to have a ‘large family’ after welcoming their first child in July. A source told Us Weekly: ‘Joe and Sophie are already trying to have another baby. Th
- MP for Slough Tan Dhesi says his town has been made into a ‘special case’ (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Slough’s MP Tan Dhesi says his community has been ‘segregated’ from its neighbours, as it is the only town in Berkshire moving into tier three rules after lockdown.Other towns and cities are being moved onto the strictest level of restrictions in regional clusters, but on a map depicting the new system, Slough is a tiny red island in a sea of orange, tier two areas.Slough
- Alex Bourne approached the Health Secretary with a WhatsApp message, offering the services of his new manufacturing firm Hinpack, the Guardian reports
- If the Government wants people to adhere to the restrictions, it needs to expand the mass testing programme, increase sick pay and do more to support the hardest-hit sectors
- Those behind the vaccine insist it has already met the ‘necessary statistical evidence’ (Picture: PA/AP)A US health official has claimed that the dose of the Oxford vaccine shown to be 90% effective was only tested in people aged 55 and under.Moncef Slaoui, who heads the programme to supply America with vaccines, said that the half-dose regime, which was discovered by accident, was only given to younger age groups.But British scientists have lined up to defend the research, with Oxfo
- President Donald Trump on Thursday said it's 'very hard thing to concede' the election but admitted he would leave the White House for Joe Biden when the time came.
- The PM faced a mutiny by 70 Tory MPs after unveiling restrictions that will leave Cornwall, the Isle of Wight and the Isles of Scilly as the only areas where people can socialise indoors.
- The Prime Minister announced the new tougher tier restrictions the country will face when national lockdown ends next week - but he is yet again facing criticism for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic
- Since the US election 23 days ago Donald Trump and his supporters have lost 38 separate lawsuits and won just one - but Trump has refused to concede
- Simon Read attached a 7p barcode sticker for carrots to a £9.95 box of 12 Krispy Kreme donuts then used a self-service checkout - claiming he made an "honest mistake" - a panel heard
- A massive riot involving hundreds of inmates broke out in the Cook Unit of Eyman prison in Florence, Arizona on Wednesday, which prisoners described as a 'war zone'.
- Boris Johnson has admitted pubs, restaurants and hotels –“the soul of our communities” – were bearing a “disproportionate share” of the coronavirus burden
- HARRY MOUNT: Brewing heir Sir Henry Meux was bewitched by Valerie Langdon. With her heart-shaped face, smouldering brown eyes and hourglass figure, she was quite the Victorian stunner.
- Islamic State recruiter Abdalraouf Abdallah, 27, refused to tell an inquiry about his contact with the Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi
Pictured: Former cleaner, 45, who is said to be the mother of Vladimir Putin's 17-year-old lovechildVladimir Putin is said to have had an affair with Svetlana Krivonogikh and fathered Elizaveta, 17, during his first term as president in the 1990s according to Russian media sources.
- John Stevenson, 68, was found in his home in Aberdare, South Wales, in March after police forced their way into the property, an inquest heard
- The five-story townhouse, which was built back in 1882 and is located in Manhattan's ritzy Greenwich Village, was sold by Sotheby's International Realty on Wednesday.
- For the first time, Britons will spend more online this Christmas than in the high street thanks to the lockdown of non-essential stores.
- Kenneth Musinguzi, 51, died on November 15 after contracting the virus. His daughter described the last moments she spent with him in hospital after doctors said there was nothing more they could do
- Shane and AJ have clashed this week (Picture: Rex)AJ Pritchard and Shane Richie have been voted by the public to take on the Chambers of Horror trial.The pair will both attempt to win meals for camp on Friday’s show.Tensions have been simmering between the pair over recent days with the Strictly Come Dancing pro and EastEnders actor clashing over the washing up.Viewers then spotted AJ’s side-eye after Shane jokingly threw his tins on the floor on Thursday’s show.Your votes are
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!