- Despite the central government enforcing restrictions on social distancing measures which mean only six people can meet in most situations, the coronavirus rate is rising in the majority places
- An Australian tech expert has revealed a simple step to follow to potentially avoid losing thousands of dollars to cyber criminals.
- John Kelly, 87, was targeted in his home for his wallet which contained his pension (Picture: BPM Media)A war hero has been left ‘scared to answer the door’ after a man he invited in for a cup of tea stole his pension money.John Kelly reportedly opened his door to a man who said he was homeless but his girlfriend was pregnant and they were naming the baby John in his honour.The 87-year-old, who lives in Chelmsford in Essex, said the man started ‘taunting’ him with his wal
- Peter Strzok's lawyer, Aitan Goelman, made the accusation in a letter to a US District Court Judge on Monday asking for the evidence put forward by Flynn's team to be dismissed.
Naya Rivera’s sister Nickayla defends ‘moving in’ with late Glee star’s ex Ryan Dorsey: ‘Showing up for my nephew’Naya Rivera says she’s ‘showing up’ for her sister Naya Rivera’s son Josey (@nickaylarivera)Naya Rivera’s sister Nickayla has spoken out after reports claimed she had moved in with the late Glee actress’ ex-husband Ryan Dorsey. Photos emerged this week of Nickayla, 25, helping Ray Donovan actor Ryan, 37, move into a new property in California. It’s reported that the model has decided to live with Ryan and her five-year-old nephew Josey, followi
Dr Hilary Jones has warned coronavirus hasn’t got any weaker as Good Morning Britain’s Piers Morgan demanded to know how long the pandemic will go on for.The television doctor pointed out that Covid-19 has now killed 1,000,000 worldwide less than a year after the disease began to spread across the globe and that ‘numbers are increasing’.He explained the virus rema
Fantastic Beasts star Eddie Redmayne wrote to JK Rowling in wake of ‘vitriol’ over Harry Potter author’s transgender commentsEddie Redmayne reached out to JK Rowling privately after the author came under fire for her comments about the transgender community (Picture: Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)Eddie Redmayne wrote to JK Rowling after she came under fire for her comments about transgender people.The Harry Potter author was criticised for a string of controversial tweets which saw her accused of transphobia.The actor, 38, plays Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beasts film series created by Rowling.While he spoke out against h
- A Victorian family bought a Kmart cat bed for a possum they found destroying paint cans in their garage before the marsupial decided to make it his new home.
- EXCLUSIVE: Alisa Gabay, 36, from Hampstead, north London, used to live an active life practising Bikram yoga three times a week, however she now struggles to make her own breakfast due to 'long Covid'
- From Monday 5 October travellers from Victoria with permission to enter will be allowed to quarantine at an 'appropriate premise' such as a home instead of a hotel for 14 days.
- Three people have died in Shasta County in northern California, officials said on Monday, as Governor Gavin Newsom asked Donald Trump for help in fighting the blazes that have now killed 28.
- Malibu home comes complete with nine bedrooms complete with en suite, together with five additional bathrooms. Brosnan combined two existing properties and lots in 2000 for less than $10m
- The Delroy family claims they developed their new 'Delcado' for the last 30 years at their orchards in Pemberton, southwest WA.
- Ministers can now use 'fluid' real-time updates when making lockdown decisions, instead of the weekly coronavirus reviews, meaning tough restrictions can reportedly be implemented in areas far quicker
Nicole Brown Simpson's secret diaries reveals horrific abuse she suffered at the hands of OJ SimpsonNicole Brown Simpson recounted the horrific abuse she suffered at the hands of OJ Simpson in her secret diaries
- ‘The truth is, for a significant number of people, the next six months will still result in a fall in income.’ (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro. co.uk)When is a Budget not a Budget? When it’s a Winter Economic Plan.
With furlough ending on October 31 and PM Boris Johnson warning of a winter with little hope of coronavirus relief, chancellor Rishi Sunak’s financial plans for the nation brought cheer to some last week.However, his new plans to replace furlough and support t
Strictly Come Dancing star Nicola Adams describes micro-aggressions she encounters: ‘People move their handbags away from me’Nicola Adams has recalled the every day micro-aggressions she faces (Picture: Getty)Nicola Adams has recalled the every day micro-agressions she faces as a black woman.The Olympic athelete has been followed around shops by security guards in the past and has had to deal with people assuming she’s going to steal from them.She is aware she is ‘treated differently’ but has now ‘become resilient’ to comments she gets about her race or her sexuality (Nicola is gay and da
- (Picture: BBC)Stuart Highway (Ricky Champ) couldn’t be more delighted at the prospect of marrying Rainie Branning (Tanya Franks) in EastEnders, but he encounters something of a problem tonight (September 29).
Viewers saw last night that Stuart was over the moon, as he bid adieu to Rainie on the phone — excited for the day in which they would tie the knot.
The young man’s excitement is very much on display once more in tonight’s episode, but Rainie, however, encounters a b
- 79% think there is a lack of relatable images and stories about dating as a Black person (Picture: Bumble)More than half of Black people in the UK don’t see themselves represented in images of love in mainstream online spaces, according to new research.The lack of representation is even more prominent among Black women. The research, completed by social app Bumble, also found that more than three in four Black people (79%) think there is a lack of relatable images and stori
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Jordan Price (Connor Calland) finds himself in danger in Hollyoaks, as Victor Brothers (Benjamin O’Mahony) seethes following his latest action.Viewers will know that Victor has been unimpressed with Jordan multiple times already, and in recent scenes, he violently assaulted him in an effort to remind him what happens if he doesn’t follow orders.
However, there’s more tough times ahead for Jordan, as — after Juliet Nightingale (Niamh Blackshaw) and
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Yet another action-packed week is on the horizon in Hollyoaks, as the eponymous village is home to a shocking mugging, a huge betrayal and conflict aplenty!Juliet Nightingale (Niamh Blackshaw) and Sid Sumner (Billy Price) are mugged while on a drugs drop, and when Victor Brothers (Benjamin O’Mahony) confronts her on the matter, she throws Jordan Price (Connor Calland) under the bus.
Meanwhile, Sami Maalik (Rishi Nair) attempts to convince Verity Hutchinson (Eva O&rs
- (Picture: ITV)Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) begins to fear that his marriage to Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) is over in Emmerdale, as she begins to spend quite a bit of time with Al Chapman (Michael Wildman).
There has been conflict aplenty between Chas and Paddy since lockdown lifted, something which various others — including Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) and Bear Wolf (Joshua Richards) — have noticed.
In episodes which will air this week, the once-happy couple have a colossal argument,
- (Picture: ITV)Jamie Tate’s (Alexander Lincoln) life hangs in the balance in Emmerdale, as Luke Posner (Max Parker) finds him unconscious.
Jamie isn’t anyone’s favourite person right now, what with the way he’s been treating just about everyone in the village.From running Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) down and leaving her for dead, to cheating on wife Andrea (Anna Nightingale) with Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper), the young man has antagonised quite a few villagers, to say the
- (Picture: BBC)Gray Atkins (Toby-Alexander Smith) struggles with the guilt of murdering Chantelle (Jessica Plummer) in EastEnders, but will he come clean as the day of her funeral arrives?
Gray killed Chantelle earlier this month, and sinisterly used his skills as a solicitor to successfully cover up his tracks.
However, the guilt over what he’s done starts to sink in, and that — coupled with the preparation he’s doing for Whitney Dean’s (Shona McGarty) trial — is pr
- (Picture: ITV)Leanne Tilsley (Jane Danson) is determined to fight for Oliver in Coronation Street, and thus — after another altercation with the hospital regarding her son’s condition — she sets in motion a court battle.Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) and Leanne meet with a hospital mediator, but their hopes are soon dashed when Dr Howarth (Caroline Harding) confirms that there’s nothing more that they can do for Oliver.She stresses that a second opinion would be a waste o
- (Picture: ITV/Metro.co.uk)The grim reaper seemingly pays regular visits to Coronation Street, as the eponymous setting has been home to many a death, but it appears as if he’ll frequent the cobbles once more, as another dead body turns up.
Viewers will know that there was discussion surrounding a dead body several weeks back, when one was retrieved from the canal.
It turned out to be that of abuser Kel’s (Joe Alessi), but Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank) initially made the connectio
- Yowie huntersare in a frenzy after discovering a pile of poo on a termite mound they believe is evidence of the supernatural Australian beast.
- The Queen is said to be "furious" after around 20 staff members told her "enough is enough" when asked to remain in her Sandringham bubble for four weeks over Christmas, it has been reported
- The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has revealed he and his husband Todd Spiewak had coronavirus in March.The Sheldon Cooper actor shared the news on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and explained that he didn’t realise he had Covid-19 until he lost his sense of taste and smell.‘Yeah, we had it. Todd and I both had it early on, it was like middle of March,’ Jim said.‘We didn’t know what it was. We thought we had colds. And then, it seemed less likely
- Deacon Reed, 17, and his five friends were booted off the train at Aubin Grove, in the city's south, at about 5pm on Friday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!