- Anneka Hicks claims three million people are ineligible for support under the Government's coronavirus support package and alleges four members of her group killed themselves after the Chancellor's latest financial statement
- Hope Richmond was lured to Chorlton Park, Manchester, in her Christmas pyjamas by a teen from school before she was savagely attacked by another girl on camera and the footage posted on Snapchat
- Moving house can be stressful, even outside the coronavirus pandemic (Picture: Getty)Moving home can be a famously stressful time, and this is only exacerbated by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.You’ve finally saved up enough money to buy your dream house, or the lease has come to an end and you can escape your nightmarish housemates.You’ve paid the deposit and admin fees, and you’ve signed the never-ending amount of paperwork – and now all that is left is to move in.But
- The climate crisis was barely mentioned in Rishi Sunak’s statement to the Commons (Picture: REUTERS/Simon Dawson)It’s barely a week since the prime minister sent out a press release detailing his 10-point climate action plan.
Somehow it seems not to have been delivered next door as the chancellor virtually ignored it in this week’s spending review.Let’s be fair. The prime minister’s plan was more a shopping list than a serious attempt to address the climate emergenc
- Michael Jordan donates $2million from the The Last Dance to hunger relief efforts (Picture: Getty)Michael Jordan has donated a huge $2million (around £1.5million) in proceeds from The Last Dance to hunger relief charity Feeding America.
The basketball legend, 57, gave the additional funds made from the hit Netflix series to food banks in Chicago and both North and South Carolina to help those in need, who are facing hunger during the coronavirus pandemic.
Feeding America revealed Jordan&rs
- A 23 year-old driver writhed with pain after being scalded with hot fluid during a burnout event held by a YouTube star (Pictures: YouTube)Distressing video footage showed a badly injured driver writing with pain after being doused with scalding radiator fluid at a YouTuber’s event. The unidentified driver stood up and began convulsing with pain moments after being blasted with the chemicals at an event held by YouTube star Cleetus McFarland.
He could be seen desperately trying to get his
- Ben Hunte’s Twitter header was shared by Fox (Picture: Instagram)BBC journalist Ben Hunte received ‘racist and homophobic abuse’ after Laurence Fox shared a screenshot of him on his Twitter account.Fox appeared to send the tweet on November 23, writing: ‘So glad I’m not paying for this anymore. @bbc @DefundBBC #DefundTheBBC.’The Lewis actor, who has been vocal in his criticism of the BBC, attached a screenshot of Hunte’s Twitter bio, which features a ban
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved in principle new laws to chemically castrate rapists (Picture: Getty)People convicted of rape in Pakistan could be chemically castrated if a new law being backed by the country’s Prime Minister gets the go ahead. Imran Khan this week approved in principle a law which would also fast track sexual assault cases, according to local reports.He gave his approval during a federal cabinet meeting but the policy has not yet been announce
- Greg Davies has opened up on the latest season of Taskmaster (Picture: Rex)Comedian, host and Inbetweeners actor, Greg Davies, 52, opens up on Taskmaster moving over to Channel 4 and why he’s not going to be on Strictly Come Dancing.Taskmaster is back but on Channel 4. Didn’t C4 refuse to air the show initially?I think they commissioned a taster pilot or something, so it piqued their interest at first, but then they decided it wasn’t for them. And if you’ve seen the adver
Nasa astronaut Victor Glover recently travelled to the International Space Station (ISS) about the SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule.And on his way up, he captured some breathtaking footage of Earth from his unique vantage point.The clip has been watched millions of times on social media and features Victor telling us that the video doesn’t even do it justice.Glover is the first black ast
- Boris Johnson is shaking up his senior leadership team (Picture: Reuters)The Prime Minister has appointed a new chief of staff after one of his closest aides turned down the job and resigned.
Boris Johnson has hired business consultant and former Treasury official Dan Rosenfield for the role.It comes after the PM’s spin doctor Lee Cain refused the promotion and handed in his resignation.
His decision to quit followed months of ‘toxic’ factional infighting in Number 10 and soon
- How a pioneering National Lottery-backed project is helping to save lives
- Cam Smith, 26, had a ‘heart of gold’ and ‘everything to live for’ (Picture: 7NEWS Melbourne/Twitter/Nine)A young man was stabbed to death ‘with a broken bottle’ after allegedly defending his girlfriend from a group of yobs.Cam Smith, 26, was knifed in the heart near Seaford train station in Melbourne, Australia at 6.55pm on Wednesday.The carpenter – who had a ‘heart of gold’ and ‘everything to live for’ – died at the scene,
- The document vaguely details why different restrictions were allocated to each area in England but refuses to reveal the thresholds. It seems to be a direct response to anger over transparency.
Boris Johnson blasts 'gloomy' Covid economic forecast and vows NO income tax or VAT rise before 2024The Prime Minister made the comment as he addressed anxious backbenchers last night in the wake of Rishi Sunak's spending review, which revealed the scale of the problem facing the nation.
- More than 5,000 nominations were received for this year's awards and these are your wonderful winners
- Halle Berry had the perfect response following claims she is bad in bed (Picture: ANGELA WEISS/AFP via Getty Images)Halle Berry did not have time for speculation suggesting she is bad in bed.The Oscar-winning star took to Twitter on Thursday after she heard about comments made by actress LisaRaye McCoy on Fox Soul’s Cocktails with Queens.After the topic turned to Halle Berry’s love life, LisaRaye mentioned the ‘bad in bed’ rumors as she stated: ‘That’s wh
- President Donald Trump urged Americans to 'gather' together this Thanksgiving as President-elect Joe Biden advised people to stay home.
- Richard Staves, 97, has gone on trial accused of a series of attacks against woman while still in his 90s (Picture: SWNS)A Second World War veteran accused of sexually assaulting five women has claimed he was too old to be interested in sex, a trial has heard.Former Royal Marine Richard Staves, 97, targeted the women in the same alleyway between June 2016 and February 2018, a jury was told.He is accused of groping their breasts and thighs while trying to kiss them. A court heard one victim was s
- West Ham forward Michail Antonio has been struggling a hamstring injury (Picture: Getty)West Ham have been handed a welcome boost ahead of their match with Aston Villa, with Michail Antonio set to feature after recovering from injury.Antonio looked at the peak of the powers at the start of the season and was proving a handful for Premier League defenders up and down the country with his strength and speed, scoring three goals in the Hammers’ opening seven games.But the 30-year-old was forc
- Walt Disney Co will lay off about 32,000 workers, the company announced Wednesday in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- It has now emerged the smaller group of less than 3,000 out of 24,000 trial participants on the half-dose-full-dose regime - which recorded the 90% effectiveness rate - were all under 55
- Bosses at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital insisting their wards were 'very busy'. They had on average 85 out of 647 beds filled with Covid-19 patients in the week ending November 17.
- Miller, who was a senior advisor for Trump's 2020 reelection campaign, responded on Twitter to the news of the former National Security Advisor's pardon by the President on Wednesday.
- Boris Johnson has appointed Dan Rosenfield to the key job at Downing Street in the wake of the extraordinary row that saw Dominic Cummings depart.
- Max Clifford will take centre stage in a new documentary (Picture: Getty)Notorious PR mogul Max Clifford will take centre stage in a new true crime film exposing the depths of his behaviour. In 2014, Clifford was jailed for indecent assaults against underage girls and young women, after 20 years of manipulation and abuse.The one-off documentary will interview some of his victims who came forward and helped secure his conviction in the police sting known as Operation Yewtree. In candid
- Five-year-old Chobe the lioness (pictured) underwent surgery at Oregon State University's veterinary hospital for a distended uterus caused by an infection on Monday.
- Everton full-back Lucas Digne could miss the next two months through injury (Picture: Getty)Everton have suffered a serious setback with the news that first choice left-back Lucas Digne could miss the next two months through injury.More to follow…
- Lockdown restrictions will be eased in England (Picture: Getty)After one month of full lockdown, England is to re-enter the three-tier system, which will see measures relaxed across much of the country.Health secretary Matt Hancock confirmed the new rules on November 26, saying the ‘end is in sight’ for the pandemic.From December 2, every area of England will move back into a regionalised new tier system – ‘medium’, ‘high’ and ‘very high’ &nd
- Can you get away with buying a velvet chair if you have pets, children, or are just super clumsy? (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Few bits of furniture say luxury quite like a velvet chair, sofa, or chaise longue.
It’s one of those things that we lust over in photos in other people’s interiors, and dream of buying for ourselves if we suddenly got a massive amount of money out of the blue.
But then, in the midst of visions of lounging on velvet eating truffles, we worry about the b
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!