- via mirror.co.ukHundreds lined the streets for the 100th birthday of Eric Taylor, who passed away on Sunday after an extraordinary life - his family described him as a true inspiration
- When can slumber parties commence? (Picture: Getty)Prime Minister Boris Johnson recently unveiled his plans for England’s exit from the coronavirus lockdown, which details the easing of restrictions on socialising and hospitality venues.The rules on overnight stays, either for social visits or tourism, will remain in place for a little while longer.Under the current lockdown rules, overnight stays are not allowed ‘unless you have a reasonable excuse’ – including visiting
- The German coach had discussed a move to the Premier League with his peers (Picture: Chelsea TV)Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has revealed that he frequently spoke to both Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola about the Premier League – though did not get their advice before joining the Blues.The German coach replaced Frank Lampard in January and has enjoyed an excellent run of form since taking over, yet to taste defeat, though faces a mammoth task on Thursday night with an away trip to face reigni
US government spends millions buying trusting cats and torturing them to death for ‘pointless’ experimentsThe US government has been condemned for spending millions of dollars on cats which are then tortured to death in the name of medical research (Pictures: CBSLA)US government officials are spending millions on cats bought from breeders which are then tortured to death for experiments branded ‘pointless.’ The taxpayer-funded animal abuse was carried out by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs at three secretive laboratories across the US, including one in Los Angeles.One of the vi
- The winger has been consistently linked with a move to Old Trafford (Picture: Getty Images)Ian Wright wants to see Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho move to the Premier League amid the ongoing speculation linking him with a switch to Manchester United.Sancho, 20, spent the majority of his youth career in England at Watford and Manchester City before joining German club Dortmund in 2017.The England international has flourished over recent seasons and last weekend, he became the first and youn
- Tammy Abraham was left out of the squad to face Manchester United (Photo by Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images)Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel insists Tammy Abraham has a future at Stamford Bridge and that people shouldn’t look too closely at his decision to omit the striker from Sunday’s squad to face Manchester United.The forward was a notable absentee as Tuchel selected Olivier Giroud to start in the 0-0 draw, with Abraham not named on Chelsea’s bench.The striker faces a
- Liverpool face top four rivals Chelsea in a crunch Premier League game tomorrow (Picture: LFC YouTube)Jurgen Klopp has played down Liverpool’s chances over overtaking Manchester United and admits his side are embroiled in a shootout with at least five other clubs for a place in the top four.The German reluctantly conceded the title his side won in such emphatic fashion last season following last month’s calamitous 3-1 defeat at Leicester City, where an error from Alisson Becker effec
- The change may penalise those who save more into their pensions every year (Picture: Getty)The maximum amount people can pay into a pension without incurring extra tax costs has been frozen for the next five years.
The pensions lifetime allowance will stay at £1,073,100 until April 2026 and not rise with inflation as expected.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced the freeze in today’s budget. He’s also confirmed the annual allowance will stay at £40,000-a-year.
Experts have w
Late-night TV host Stephen Colbert has defended the decision to discontinue the publication of six lesser-known children’s books by Dr Seuss.Tuesday saw Dr Seuss Enterprises announced that And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, If I Ran the Zoo, McElligot’s Pool, On Beyond Zebra!, Scrambled Eggs Super! and The Cat’s Quizzer will no longer be published, as a resu
- You might still get lucky today (pic: Sony)Problems with the GAME website mean that the PS5 has technically been in stock all day, with Smyths and ShopTo also expected to restock.As predicted, February proved a lot easier to get a PlayStation 5 than any month before it and March is looking to be even better.It’s still very difficult, and you’ve got to be in the right place at the right time, but it’s a lot easier than it used to be. Earlier rumours already suggested that March
- Klopp has been impressed with Wijnaldum (Picture: Getty)Jurgen Klopp hailed Georginio Wijnaldum as Liverpool’s ‘most consistent player this season’ as he considers how to shuffle his pack with a Fabinho return imminent.
Wijnaldum has been involved in each of Liverpool’s 26 Premier League matches and only started on the bench twice.
It’s been a tough season for the defending champions, who have lost key players such as Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez to long-term injur
- Virgin Media appears to have crashed across the UK, leaving thousands of locked-down Britons working from home unable to get online.
- University of Bristol researchers who led the research said the results were significant because they 'were in people who are least expected to be protected against the vaccine'.
- In a crucial Budget that will set the country's course for years, Rishi Sunak is extending the £53billion furlough scheme for an extra five months, as well as keeping self-employed and business bailouts.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak got to his feet shortly after 12.30pm to deliver the crucial speech on his plans for taxation and spending as Britain recovers from the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Chancellor used the Budget to confirm that furloughed workers will continue to receive 80 per cent of their wages for the next seven months.
- Prince Philip is 'slightly improving' in hospital in London but 'hurts at moments' due to his treatment, Camilla has revealed today.
- The First Minister slammed her predecessor for 'not a single word of regret' for 'inappropriate behaviour' towards women during his six hours of testimony at the Holyrood Inquiry last week.
- The Chancellor cancelled planed increases in duty on beer, cider, wine and spirits. The amount of tax on a tankful of petrol and diesel will also remain the same for the 10th year in a row.
- With a fresh roadmap to get Britain out of lockdown, can the Chancellor strike the right balance to help families and businesses, but also deal with the huge strain the crisis has had on public spending?
- Britain’s Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak poses with the Budget Box (Picture: TOLGA AKMEN/AFP via Getty Images)A new £5 billion grant has been unveiled by Chancellor Rishi Sunak during his 2021 Budget on March 3, 2021 that will help small businesses throughout lockdown.In the latest Budget, Mr Sunak announced 700,000 people lost their jobs in a year, but outlined his new plans for giving grants to businesses like hairdressers and gyms.While the roadmap out of lockdown has bee
- Hotel operator Whitbread, catering firm Compass Group and British Airways-owner IAG were among the top gainers on the index in London today, with banks having the biggest boost.
- President Joe Biden has urged people not to let their guard down with COVID-19 infectionsplummeting and vaccinations ramping up.
- Donald McPherson, 47, allegedly joined the matchmaking site after murdering his wife, Paula Leeson, while they were on holiday at a rented cottage in a 'remote' part of Denmark.
Solange Knowles was ‘fighting for her life’ making 2019 album as she marks record’s two-year anniversarySolange Knowles was ‘fighting for her life’ while making 2019 album (Picture: WireImage)Solange Knowles has revealed she was ‘fighting for her life’ while making her 2019 album When I Get Home.
The record became the singer’s third top 10 album in the US and celebrating its two-year anniversary, Solange told fans that making the album had actually ‘changed her life’.
She shared a lengthy message on Instagram about the project and explained that throughout
Jurgen Klopp gives latest on Alisson Becker, Diogo Jota and Fabinho availability for Liverpool vs ChelseaAlisson Becker is set to return for Liverpool on Thursday (Picture: Getty Images)Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Alisson Becker will be back in goal for Liverpool against Chelsea on Thursday night, while we can also expect to see Fabinho and Diogo Jota back in the squad after injury.Alisson missed the Reds’ last outing, a win over Sheffield United on Sunday, after the tragic death of his father Jose last week.However, the goalkeeper has been back in training this week and will take the glo
- Unforgotten has been moved to a different time slot next week (Picture: ITV)The upcoming episode of Unforgotten has been moved to a different time slot following the news that ITV will air Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Oprah Winfrey interview in the UK.Oprah’s two-hour sit down with the royal couple will start at 9pm on March 8, a day after it airs on CBS in America.
Fans of the show will know 9pm on Mondays is Unforgotten’s usual slot, but never fear – ITV has got you
- The Indian elephant was filmed in the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttrakhand State by photographer Arpit Kooba who was touring the nature reserve with a guide.
- Rishi Sunak is unveiling his Budget in the Commons (Picture: Reuters)The UK has borrowed a record £355 billion this year as part of its coronavirus response – a level unseen since the two world wars, Rishi Sunak has said.The Chancellor said forecasts show that this year’s figures amounted to 17% of the UK’s national income, but pledged they would fall to 4.5% in 2022/23, 3.5% in 2023/24 then 2.9% and 2.8% in the following two years due to action he is taking.He told MPs:
- via mirror.co.ukThe Chancellor outlined the unprecedented levels of public spending in his Budget speech - admitting the pandemic had fundamentally changed our way of life
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!