- A fisherman has been attacked by a shark off Fraser Island.
- Theatres and cinemas won’t be affected by the new 10pm curfew (Picture: Getty Images)The Government has announced a new set of measures intended to stop the spread of Covid-19, including a 10pm curfew for businesses in the hospitality, leisure, entertainment and tourism industries.Pubs, restaurants, and bars in England will be forced to close at 10pm each night from September 24, but Boris Johnson’s guidance wasn’t clear about whether or not the curfew rule will apply to other
- Wearing face masks will be compulsory at all times in pubs and restaurants except when sitting down to eat or drink (Picture: AP / PA)Pub owners have warned enforcing the new face coverings rule in pubs is going to be incredibly difficult.It comes after the Prime Minister announced yesterday wearing face masks will be compulsory at all times in pubs and restaurants except when sitting down to eat or drink, starting from tomorrow.Boris Johnson said the UK was at a ‘perilous turning point&rs
- Macklemore was once facial hair-free with a clean trim (Picture: FilmMagic)Macklemore has undergone quite a transformation during the lockdown months – and fans are now convinced he resembles Tiger King star Joe Exotic.
While most people were desperate to reunite with their hairdressers once restrictions eased, Macklemore was more than happy to embrace the hair growth as he’s now sporting a thick head of curls. Not only that, but the Thrift Shop rapper is now also rocking a vint
- Love Island’s Maura Higgins gets skates on to deliver Greggs treats with Just Eat (Picture: Nils Jorgensen)Love Island’s Maura Higgins has rolled in to save 2020, by getting her skates on and presenting Greggs goodies to hungry fans.The eatery launched their first ever sausage roll home delivery service, alongside Just Eat, with snacks being delivered via skates.Something we can definitely get on board with.And the 29-year-old worked up an appetite as she handed out food – look
- Cygnet Yew Trees has now been closed following the allegations (Picture: Google Maps)Ten workers at a private mental health hospital have been suspended amid claims they ‘dragged, slapped and kicked’ a patient and emotionally abused others.Inspectors said CCTV footage filmed at Cygnet Yew Trees in Kirby-le-Soken, Essex, revealed that women with learning disabilities were subjected to emotional and physical abuse by several staff members.The 10-bed facility for women aged 18 and above
Britain is braced for a week of miserable weather as an autumn chill sends temperatures plummeting to the low teens and rain sweeps across the country.Heavy showers washed out parts of south England and Wales overnight, with downpours expected to continue as rain moves north.Met office forecaster Alex Deakin said there was a ‘distinctly colder feel’ today following highs of 2
- Flu jabs are in high demand (Picture: PA)As Covid-19 cases continue to rise in the UK, there’s concern that it could be circulating at the same time as flu – which also rears its head every year during the colder months.And following the news that you can indeed have flu and Covid at the same time – greatly increasing your risk of serious illness or death – the demand for a flu jab this year is likely to be greater than ever.It was reported earlier in the year that over 3
Chef Ben Robinson has thrown all the shade at Kate Chastain after her Below Deck replacement was revealed.
The chief stewardess recently announced her departure from the show, which has fastly gained a huge following over in the UK after it’s Netflix release.
And when appearing on Lorraine today, the former star Chef Ben addressed the latest announcement.
He told the host Lorraine
- It was the first rush hour after people were told to work from home (Pictures: Twitter)There was a mixed reaction to the new coronavirus restrictions on London’s transport network this morning, the day after people were told to do their jobs from home if at all possible.Some reported trains were emptier while others shared pictures of deserted platforms during the first morning rush hour since the Government’s back-to-the-office drive was abruptly scrapped.But others said their train
- Who else might Microsoft be thinking of buying? (pic: Microsoft)The head of Microsoft has admitted the company is still interested in more acquisitions, as fan conspiracies point towards Sega.Paying $7.5 billion for Bethesda and all its studios may only be the start of a new buying spree from Microsoft, according to a CNET interview with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Xbox boss Phil Spencer.As you can imagine, neither were very specific about their plans but Spencer stated that, ‘Content
- Tens of thousands of Britons defied the Prime Minister's call to avoid the office today as they headed back to work to save the economy, packing public transport in UK cities
Piers Morgan once again had some strong words for Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Good Morning Britain today following his latest public address to introduce further lockdown measures.In a televised speech on Tuesday night, Johnson blamed ‘too many breaches’ of the current rules for the recent spike in infections.He added that he believes the country can pull together and get
- The Government’s own scientific advisers do not think the curfew on bars and restaurants will be effective (Picture: PA)The Government did not act quick enough back in March and the same ‘mistake’ is about to be repeated, a scientific adviser has said.Professor John Edmunds, a member of the Government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said he was speaking in a personal capacity as he warned the measures to tackle a second wave of coronavirus are ‘t
- Ella Lomas was found by her boyfriend Bradley after they had a relationship "tiff" at a party - her family are convinced she did not intend to die, an inquest heard
- Tracey Tyler had taken on an extra night shift on the coronavirus ward at a Warwickshire hospital when she came home and found her son dead. She left him hours earlier laughing with friends
- The fisherman, believed to be in his 20s, was discovered about four nautical miles off Diamond Head, south of Port Macquarie on Wednesday afternoon.
- Reiss Nelson could leave Arsenal on a temporary deal before the end of the window (Getty Images)Arsenal have made Reiss Nelson available on loan, according to reports.The 20-year-old has not yet featured for Arsenal this season and has been left out of Mikel Arteta’s matchday squads for the Premier League wins over Fulham and West Ham.Nelson started just seven Premier League games last season and the winger now faces increased competition for a place in Arsenal’s attack following the
- Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer reveals she had sex for first time at 13 years old (Picture: MTV)Teen Mom star Leah Messer was seen opening up about the first time she had sex on the MTV reality show and admits she was just 13 when she lost her virginity.
The reality star, 28, is mum to three children, twins Aliannah Hope and Aleeah Grace, 10, she shares with ex husband Corey Simms, and daughter Adalynn Faith, seven.Leah, who first got pregnant when she was 17, was seen discussing her first time in
- Rose-marie Dardelet Foulon and her partner Eric Dine moved from Paris for a new life in Renfrewshire, Scotland, after falling in love with the town - but says a Gumtree video avoided showing the "filthy" flat
- Can you match the famous face to their cake? (Picture: Channel 4)The Great British Bake Off returned with possibly its most iconic showstopper challenge to date – creating celebrity faces purely out of cake.
As the 12 potential hopefuls made their debut in the tent, the gang were eager to prove their worth to Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith.
Creating cake busts of famous faces purely out of sponge, icing and edible decorations, the team sought inspiration from Hollywood through to historical
- Restaurants and pubs have new lockdown rules (Picture: Getty Images)On Tuesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson unveiled Government plans to slow the spread of coronavirus through a series of further restrictions.The crackdown comes as the UK infection toll passed 40,000 and the Covid alert level is raised from 3 to 4.The PM targeted the hospitality sector and implemented many new rules that will make your next trip to a pub or restaurant look very different.But what are the new rules that come int
The Great British Bake Off scores Channel 4’s biggest ever overnight launch after millions find comfort in show during lockdownThe Bake Off has shattered records (Picture: Mark Bourdillon/ Love Productions)The Great British Bake Off has smashed records as it managed to land Channel 4’s biggest ever overnight launch, after millions found comfort in the show during lockdown.The wildly popular baking show returned for its 11th series, and it was certainly back with a bang, after already breaking records with last year’s series.C4 confirmed the first episode pulled in a whopping 6.9 average viewers, with a peak
- Vegans slammed Sydney's Paddington Markets after a sign saying 'fish are food, not friends' was pictured inside the building and posted online.
- The brand has traditionally featured a picture of waiter Frank Brown, representing a fictional rice farmer, but after 70 years and a row over how race is presented in America, it's changing
- Paola Agnelli and Michele D’Alpaos from Verona, Italy, say it was love a first sight and after a whirlwind romance are now planning their wedding
- The body of William Wall, who was a keen runner and described as 'pretty hardcore' by his dad, was found following an extensive search aided by helicopters and horse riders
- Frank Lampard’s Chelsea take on Barnsley on Wednesday (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea host Barnsley on Wednesday night in the third round of the Carabao Cup, with the winners going on to take on either Tottenham or Leyton Orient in the next round.The Blues are looking to bounce back after a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in the Premier League at the weekend as Frank Lampard looks for his first piece of silverware as Chelsea boss.Barnsley have beaten Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough to reach thi
- Emails obtained by the BBC reveal the alarm among the government's top scientific advisers after academics reacted in horror to Sir Patrick Vallance's words.
- Professor John Edmunds, an epidemiologist at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and a SAGE member (left) saidthe outbreak will be allowed to 'double and double and double again'.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!