- The AstraZeneca vaccine, which is being produced by biotechnology giant CSL, is on track to be ready by December 28 but will need to be tested in various clinical trials.
- On Tuesday, he reiterated his earlier remarks and revealed that the statewide 7-day average for test positivity is now 3.9 percent. Of all the tests done on Monday, 4.96 percent were positive.
- Amid the gloom of the pandemic, Forbes has released its annual 30 under 30 list that showcases the United States and Canada's most important young figures ahead of 2021.
Dawn French has revealed that they have paid a tribute to the people who died during the coronavirus pandemic in The Vicar of Dibley Christmas special.Speaking on Tuesday’s The One Show, Dawn spoke about the return of her character Geraldine Granger in the BBC special, titled The Vicar of Dibley in Lockdown, which is due to air this Christmas.‘Richard Curtis and Paul Mayhew-A
- In a regulatory filing Tuesday, Airbnb set a target share price range of between $44 and $50 to sell 51.9 million shares, which would pull in up to $2.85 billion at the upper end of the range.
- Matt Hancock closing a debate ahead of a vote on new restrictions today (Picture: AFP)The Health Secretary appeared close to tears as he revealed his step-grandfather died after catching Covid-19 in Liverpool.Matt Hancock told MPs of the death within his family as he concluded the six-hour debate on the new tier restrictions to be implemented in England from Wednesday to replace the national lockdown.Speaking in the Commons, Mr Hancock said: ‘We can afford to let up a little, we just can&r
- Eltiona Skana, 30, admitted her actions were "premeditated" when she was being assessed by a psychiatric nurse at the high-security Rampton Hospital in Nottinghamshire in August, a court heard
- (Picture: BBC)Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) sank to a new low in EastEnders tonight (December 1), as he stole £20,000.The current landlord of the Queen Vic thought he’d secured the upper hand on adversary Max Branning (Jake Wood) after he witnessed him kissing Linda Carter (Kellie Bright).
Max was livid when Ian threatened to reveal all about the kiss, and therefore he wasted little time in taking drastic action.
He locked Ian in the freezer of the pub, before issuing a dark threat &mdas
- (Picture: BBC)Callum ‘Halfway’ Highway (Tony Clay) was on the receiving end of DI Steve Thompson’s (Phillip Wright) wrath in EastEnders tonight (December 1).DI Thompson has been putting an immense amount of pressure on the young copper, in order to secure evidence on Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden).
Callum has struggled under said pressure, and therefore he opened up to Stuart (Ricky Champ) last week.
However, matters were complicated further tonight, as DI Thompson confronted C
- Cleveland Indians relief pitcher Cam Hill posted pictures of himself in a hospital bed on Tuesday after undergoing surgery to his throwing wrist on Monday in the aftermath of a major car crash in Tulsa.
- Three military police agents have been suspended in Maranhão, Brazil after one of the cops was caught on video shooting a male customer at a cafe on Sunday.
- Daniella Dunleavy, 24, travelled from her Oxford family home to Reading, Berks., where she took her own life after being bullied while working in the French Alps of Courchevel, a court heard.
- Tyson Fury is among the contenders (Picture: Getty)Lewis Hamilton is one of three British world champions among the six nominees for the 2020 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.Formula One world champion Hamilton is joined on the prestigious list by world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and world snooker champion Ronnie O’Sullivan.England cricketer Stuart Broad, Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson and jockey Hollie Doyle are also in the running for the award.The BBC staggered the anno
- Niecy Nash will be joined by her daughters in the new season of Never Have I Ever (Picture: Netflix/ Universal/ Kobal/REX)Niecy Nash has confirmed she will return as therapist Dr. Jamie Ryan in season two of Never Have I Ever, and her daughter will also appear in the series as well.The hit Netflix sitcom, co-created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher, was an instant hit with viewers when it dropped earlier this year.Season one took us into the crazy yet completely relatable world of Asian-American
- Katy Perry has become the human embodiment of Christmas this year, dressing up as a tree and being fed cake in Disney’s Holiday Sing-a-long.The singer, 36, sang to I’ll Be Home for Christmas and her own track Cozy Little Christmas, with lyrics at the bottom of the screen to sing along with to get in the festive mood. Of course Katy never does things by halves, so the hilarious video begins with her dressed as a plain tree, strapped to the top of a car being driven home to b
- Chelsea Pearce, 29, pictured, from Halifax, West Yorkshire died hours after giving birth to her son Roman having suffered a blood clot which travelled from her lungs into her heart.
- US Attorney General Bill Barr – a Donald Trump appointee – has said Joe Biden won this year’s presidential election fairlyDonald Trump’s most senior government lawyer has admitted Joe Biden won the presidential election fair and square. US Attorney General Bill Barr said Tuesday: ‘To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election.’Barr told the Associated Press that government lawyers and FBI agents have be
- Ousted cybersecurity chief Christopher Krebs said Tuesday he could pursue legal action against Trump's campaign attorney who suggested he be killed for his election-related comments
- The West Conwy Pubwatch said Mark Drakeford will not be allowed into their pubs for at least 18 months, and have threatened him with removal by the police if he were to ignore their rule
Curtis Pritchard has hit out at Shane Richie branding him ‘lazy’ after the soap star and his brother AJ Pritchard clashed on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!Last week, there was a bit of tension between the professional dancer and the former soap star over the camp chores.The pair had previously had a disagreement over the washing up, but then things simmered
- We know what we want to see under the tree (Picture: Metro.co.uk)‘Tis the season to be techy as there are literally hundreds of shiny new gadgets out there clamouring for your cash.Thankfully, we’ve picked through the glut of gadgetry to cherry-pick the very best tech toys that belong under your tree this year.We’ve balanced price with performance and picked out a range of products that fit a variety of areas. Whether you’re an audiophile, photography buff or just need so
- New rules allowing pubs and restaurants to reopen to diners in London tomorrow will be extended for the next six months. The scheme allows venues to provide 'pop up' dining areas in streets.
- Lewis Hamilton, Tyson Fury, Jordan Henderson, Hollie Doyle, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stuart Broad are the names in the frame to follow in the footsteps of Ben Stokes and win BBC Sports Personality of the Year
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Mercedes McQueen (Jennifer Metcalfe) was devastated in Hollyoaks tonight (December 1), as she learned that she’d had a miscarriage.The Dog landlady set out to locate Cher Winters (Bethannie Hare), after she was given reason to believe the young woman was in danger.
Viewers will know that — following Mercedes’ revelation — Cher had proceeded to get drunk on the bridge, where she was approached by Silas Blissett (Jeff Rawle).
Silas informed Cher that
- (Picture: ITV)Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) was left emotional in Emmerdale tonight (December 1), as Cain (Jeff Hordley) rejected her once more.Moira and Cain put their differences aside and reconciled last month.
They subsequently moved in with one another, and have been enjoying being back together, but it appears as if their happiness will be short-lived.
Moira has tried to spend time with Cain on multiple occasions over the past couple of episodes, but the mechanic has repeatedly made excuse
Dawid Malan smashes 99 and Chris Jordan breaks record as England thump South Africa to complete series whitewashDawid Malan produced a brilliant innings to help England smash South Africa (Picture: Getty)Dawid Malan smashed an unbeaten 99 and Chris Jordan became England’s record T20 wicket-taker as Eoin Morgan’s side beat South Africa by nine wickets to complete a series whitewash.Malan scored 99 from 47 balls – with 11 fours and five sixes – and shared a 167-run partnership with Jos Buttler (67*) as England chased South Africa’s 191-3 with 14 balls to spare.More to follow&he
- Elliot Page’s wife has revealed her pride after The Umbrella Academy star announced he is transgender(Picture: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images for Grey Goose)Dancer Emma Portner has shared a message of love and pride after her partner Ellen Page has come out as transgender and revealed his name is Elliot.The Umbrella Academy actorpenned a heartfelt statement to announce the news to fans online on Tuesday.Moments later, Elliot’s proud wife shared his lengthy post on her Instagram page as
- Boris Johnson had been facing revolt from Tory MPs who disagreed with the measures (Picture: PA/EPA)Ministers have voted in favour of the Government’s tougher three-tier system which will replace national lockdown restrictions when they end tomorrow.Boris Johnson was facing the biggest rebellion of his premiership as he desperately attempted to convince Tory MPs to back the plans, which will come into effect shortly after midnight on Wednesday.Following a heated debate in the Commons, MPs
- Boris Johnson had been facing revolt from Tory MPs who disagreed with the measures (Picture: PA/EPA)Ministers have voted in favour of the Government’s tougher three-tier system which will replace national lockdown restrictions when they end tomorrow.Boris Johnson has been facing the biggest rebellion of his premiership as he desperately attempted to convince Tory rebels to back the plans, which will come into effect shortly after midnight on Wednesday.Following a heated debate, MPs have vo
- Conservative leader Tony Jefferson said the decision to impose the harshest restrictions when the national lockdown ends tonight had caused uproar in the Warwickshire district.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!