- Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said it is 'required' for women in cartoons and anime films to have their hair covered because of the consequences of not wearing a hijab.
- Follow our live blog for all the latest National Lottery action on Saturday, February 27 - the huge Lotto draw jackpot could change a lucky winner's life
- Lynn believes Alastair's condition tragically deteriorated because he was denied proper contact with her after the pandemic struck meaning they were apart for a year
- Liza Scott set up a stand inside Savage's Bakery in Homewood and has been sellinghomemade lemonade to drum up funds for her life-saving treatment.
- EXCLUSIVE: Gaynor Williams and Dean Ryan say 'it felt like we’d never been apart' after fate brought them together after 33 years 'just rolled away' - and they have an even stronger connection than in their teens
- Sally Carman and Joe Duttine are set to tie the knot this Christmas (Picture: Rex)Coronation Street’s Sally Carman has opened up about her upcoming wedding to her co-star Joe Duttine, revealing when the pair are set to tie the knot.Sally, who plays Abi Franklin, has got no shortage of weddings this year, as she gears up to marry the Tim Metcalfe actor, while her character is preparing to wed Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell).Asked whether her real wedding or TV wedding would come first, Sall
- EXCLUSIVE Mike Betts, 59, left Motability Operations, which provides cars to disabled people, amid anger at his £1.7million salary and a projected bonus of £2.2million - but now he's back
- The fundraising hero was honoured by royalty as he was laid to rest by eight members of his family in Bedfordshire on Saturday who said his "message and his spirit lives on"
- EXCLUSIVE: Netflix's hit show The Dig has been blasted for portraying respected archaeologist Peggy Piggott as a ditzy rookie when she was in fact 'an incredibly well-trained excavator by her early 20s' whose career spanned six decades
- Apparently we must save the pub – but before lockdown pubs were shutting already. You could order a beer and by the time it was poured the pub had been converted into flats
- The Duke of Sussex was a ‘wonderful’ patron to The London Marathon Charitable Trust for nearly a decade (Picture: EPA/PA)Prince Harry has been praised for his ‘unstinting support’ for the London Marathon Charitable Trust after he was stripped of his remaining military titles and patronages.The Duke of Sussex was patron of the charity for nine years but his role came to an end in January as it was decided it would not be renewed.He and pregnant wife Meghan Markle insisted
- CEO pay increased 14 percent in 2019 from the year before, to an average of $21.3 million, according to the '100 Most Overpaid CEOs' study released on Thursday by nonprofit group As You Sow.
- Amy Fenn, 24, and fiancee George Watts-Sturrock, 32, bought the house in Hockering, Norfolk, under the Government start-up scheme Help to Buy. They claim it is a 'nightmare'.
- The note, said to be a deathbed confession by cop Ray Wood, claimed he was pressured by his supervisors to lure two members of the civil rights leader's security detail into committing crimes
- Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne Pinnock will join Anne-Marie on The Voice (Picture: @TheVoiceUK)Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock is set to join forces with Anne-Marie as a guest coach on The Voice UK.In scenes that will air tonight, the final round of the battles take place, and judges Sir Tom Jones, will.i.am, Olly Murs and Anne-Marie will choose their final acts to take through to the semi-finals.All of the contestants who reach the first round of the semi-finals will not only be mentored by t
- Some protesters were arrested as a crowd of hundreds marching in opposition to coronavirus lockdown rules clashed with gardai in the Irish capital's centre
- Matt Taylor has stepped in to defend Naga Munchetty (Picture: BBC)BBC Breakfast weather reporter Matt Taylor has stepped in to defend his co-host Naga Munchetty after a viewer said he’d ‘drawn the short straw’ by working with her.It comes after Naga and her co-presenter Charlie Stayt came under fire following their appearance on last weekend’s Saturday Kitchen.Viewers said they found the ‘behaviour and comments of the guests ‘inappropriate’ and that they
- Saira Khan shared with her followers a pair of expensive shoes she had been gifted but wasn't prepared for the abuse she received
- A car slammed into a pedestrian, killing him, and a cyclist, leaving that person seriously injured about 30 minutes before a man was stabbed outside a shop in Tipton, West Midlands
Paris Hilton says Britney Spears is ‘treated like a child’ amid conservatorship drama: ‘It’s not fair’Paris Hilton has spoken out in support of Britney Spears (Picture: FilmMagic)Paris Hilton has spoken out about Britney Spears’ conservatorship, saying she’s ‘treated like a child’.The star, who recently got engaged, opened up about the Toxic hitmaker’s situation following the unauthorised Framing Britney Spears documentary, which showed the struggles the singer has faced in her life.‘I haven’t spoken to her in a few months, I haven’t even watched t
- Line of Duty will return next month (Picture: BBC/World Productions)It’s the news we’ve all been waiting for – Line of Duty series six has a start date.We have been patiently (read: extremely impatiently) waiting for more drama from AC-12, and theorising just who H could be, for two years, since series five aired in March 2019.Now, it has been confirmed that series six is just a month away.A teaser aired during England’s Six Nations clash with Wales on BBC One confirmed t
- Could Emily be headed for the dance floor later this year? (Picture: David Fisher/BAFTA/REX)Emily Atack is rumoured to be taking to the floor on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing, as odds on the actress joining the show dropped to 3/1.According to bookmakers Ladbrokes, Emily is one of the favourites to be snapped up for the next series.The Inbetweeners star made a big impression during her stint on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in 2018, and she previously starred on Dan
Chelsea striker Timo Werner needs ‘a lot of work’ and ‘doesn’t look like a goalscorer’, says Paul MersonWerner has struggled to find his feet in the Premier League (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea summer signing Timo Werner requires ‘a lot work’ and ‘doesn’t look like a goalscorer’, according to Arsenal hero Paul Merson.Werner, 25, was brought in from RB Leipzig last summer for £47.5million after netting 28 Bundesliga goals in 34 games last season.But since his arrival at Stamford Bridge, the striker has struggled to adapt to the Premier League and recently went o
- Emil Apreda, 33, was thought to have targeted the NHS due to its ‘vulnerability’ at the time (Picture: PA)A blackmailer who posed as a far-right extremist and threatened to blow up an NHS hospital unless he was paid £10million in Bitcoin has been jailed for three years.
Emil Apreda, 33, also made threats against unnamed MPs and Black Lives Matter protesters in 18 emails sent during the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic last spring.
The Italian-national, who had studied comput
- Bloomberg columnist Tim O'Brien told MSNBC that he believes people within the Trump Organization could turn on the former president during an investigation by Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance.
- Werner admitted he’s finding life easier under Thomas Tuchel (Picture : TASS via Getty Images)Timo Werner admitted life at Chelsea has become easier for him since Thomas Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard due to his new manager being able to explain things to him in German.
Werner struggled to find his best form under Lampard but has looked sharper under the new boss amid their unbeaten run.
Tuchel will look to maintain his unbeaten start to life at Stamford Bridge against second-placed Manches
- Footage showed the protesters massing on Grafton Street leading to St Stephen's Green before a man walked towards the police line aiming a stick of fireworks which blew into the face of an officer.
- People are not currently allowed to sit outside with pals under lockdown rules (Picture: Backgrid)Brits are hitting beauty spots to bask in the sunshine this weekend, despite people being urged to ‘stay at home’ under lockdown rules.
Large crowds of people were pictured sitting alongside the River Exe in Exeter to enjoy the sunset, while Plymouth Hoe was described by locals as ‘heaving’.
Across the country beaches and parks are teeming with people, with temperatures expec
- Ray Scovell, 76, from Sandown, Isle of Wight, was admitted to hospital after becoming ill on January 8 and passed away over a week before his wife Rosemary, 73, also ended up in hospital.
- The coronavirus conspiracy theorist, 73, was pictured in handcuffs being led away by Metropolitan Police officers in Bishops Park, Fulham, West London, on Saturday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!