- Transgender rights campaigners said the move was a 'fig leaf'. Women and Equalities Minister Liz Truss said the changes removed a key concern for trans campaigners.
- A train derailed in northwest Iowa on Sunday afternoon sending thick plume of smoke and flames shooting into the sky.. The goods train derailed in Sibley, a small city of about 3,000.
- On Saturday the Mail revealed that Priti Patel wrote to Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove in April last year urging him to finalise a contract for surgical masks with a firm represented by a friend.
- Key new evidence uncovered by police in the search for Madeleine McCann has been revealed as phone records showing a suspect's movements in Portugal in 2007.
- Emergency admissions of people with dementia soared by 27 per cent over four years because inadequate social care leaves them unprotected from infections, falls and dehydration.
- Boris Johnson has vowed to build 300,000 homes a year by 2025. But the plan has put the PM on a collision course with many of his backbenchers.
- Megan McKelvey has forked out £2,400 for mandatory with her family for 11 nights - but with a restless toddler and uncomfortable Covid tests to be done the experience doesn't quite seem to match the price tag
- I’m A Celebrity bosses are scrambling to decide where the upcoming series will take place (Picture: Rex)I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! bosses have just two weeks to decide whether or not the show will be returning to the Australian jungle this year, according to reports.The ITV programme relocated to Gwrych Castle in north Wales for the last series as a result of the pandemic, but it could soon be headed back to its temporary UK home for a second inning.However
Sebastian Stan shows off drumstick-twirling skills as he preps for Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee TV seriesSebastian is set to play the drummer in Pam and Tommy (Picture: Getty/Instagram/@imsebastianstan)Sebastian Stan has shown off his drumstick-twirling skills while prepping for his performance as Tommy Lee in the upcoming TV series about the rock musician’s relationship with Pamela Anderson.Marvel star Sebastian, 38, is set to star opposite The Pursuit of Love actor Lily James, 32, in Pam and Tommy, a show about the couple that’s due to air on American network Hulu.The mini-series will
- A plane carrying 38 Australian cricketers and staff has landed in Sydney after they escaped Covid-ravaged India for the Maldives.
- Businesses up and down the country made their final preparations yesterday as England got ready to take a huge step towards freedom.
‘He was in the best spirits’: Producers behind DMX’s final filmed interview share memories of ‘surreal’ time with the starDMX was ‘laughing and joking’ on the set of his final recorded interview weeks before his death (Picture: Colin Morvan/TVOne)DMX was ‘in the best spirits’ just weeks before his death say the executive producers of his ‘poetic’ and ‘surreal’ final filmed interview.Swirl Films producers Jay Allen and Nikki Byles sat down with the star, who died on April 9 aged 50, to reflect on his life and career for the TV One series Uncensored. Three weeks later h
This is the terrifying moment which sees Nick Tilsley’s (Ben Price) young son Sam wander into danger in Coronation Street – as Harvey’s (Will Mellor)oon kidnaps him.With Harvey having the upper hand, he will get the message to Nick that if he doesn’t turn over Leanne (Jane Danson) or Simon (Alex Bain) or withdraw the statements then Sam will die.
Sharon Bentley (
- Covid restrictions for millions of Sydneysiders have eased, with masks no longer compulsory on public transport, singing and dancing allowed and the limit on private gatherings in homes lifting.
More than 30 police officers and staff 'face disciplinaries for looking up details of Sarah Everard'Several Met Police officers and civilian staff could disciplinary action after looking up information on the murder of Sarah Everard and later arrest of PC Wayne Couzens, who faces trial.
- Casualties are taken away after a seating structure for prayers collapsed (Pictures: Reuters/Getty)At least two people have died and more than 150 have been injured after seats collapsed at a packed synagogue in the West Bank.Hundreds of worshippers gathered in the settlement of Givat Zeev for prayers on Sunday evening to mark the start of the Jewish holiday of Shavuot.The event ended in disaster when a tiered seating structure fell down, sparking a huge rescue operation.A 12-year-old boy a
- India the Bengal tiger was photographed on Sunday in a cage, ready for transportation to her final destination - an animal sanctuary in northern Texas. Her owner (right) is in jail.
- Zidane has denied the claims (Photo: Quality Sport Images/Getty Images)Zinedine Zidane has strongly denied claims that he has already told his Real Madrid squad that he plans to leave the Bernabeu at the end of the season.According to reports, the Frenchman informed his players that he doesn’t want to continue as manager after last weekend’s costly 2-2 draw with Sevilla.Although Madrid have won their two following games – victories away at Granada in midweek and Athletic Bilbao
Zinedine Zidane responds to claims he has told Real Madrid squad he is leaving the club at the end of the seasonZidane has denied the claims (Photo: Quality Sport Images/Getty Images)Zinedine Zidane has strongly denied claims that he has already told his Real Madrid squad that he plans to leave the Bernabeu at the end of the season.According to reports, the Frenchman informed his players that he doesn’t want to continue as manager after last weekend’s costly 2-2 draw with Sevilla.Although Madrid have won their two following games – victories away at Granada in midweek and Athletic Bilbao
- Nearly three quarters of Covid cases in Bedford have been identified as the Indian variant as cases more than double in a week in the town
- Boris Johnson has urged families to adopt a 'heavy dose of caution' with the ban on indoor socialising and hugs finally ending amid the emergence of the new Indian strain of coronavirus.
- Michael Fabricant has now deleted the tweet (Picture: Getty/Twitter)A Tory MP has deleted a tweet calling pro-Palestine protesters clashing with police ‘primitives’.
Michael Fabricant wrote: ‘These primitives are trying to bring to London what they do in the Middle East.’The MP for Lichfield also shared a video showing the disorder outside the Israeli Embassy in London on Saturday.He later tried to explain his comments, saying: ‘Let us be clear: Antisemitism whether
- The more things change, the more they remain the same. That seems to be the conclusion after a survey's findings last week about the telltale signs of poshness in modern Britain.
- Despite international travel ban being lifted, ministers caused confusion by saying that most holidays should be avoided especially to those which are not featured on the Government's green list.
- Shadow Justice Secretary David Lammy put forward plans for whole-life tariffs for those who rape, abduct and murder a stranger as part of a blueprint to protect victims
- A parade of about 100 vehicles drove along Blackpool's promenade today in honour of tragic Jordan Banks who was killed by a lightning strike as he played football last week.
- Pubs and restaurants will be able to serve indoors, and hugging and foreign travel will be allowed again on Monday - despite fears over the spread of the Indian Covid variant
- As lockdown restrictions ease in England a government adviser has warned Britain is in a 'perilous moment' with at least 1,300 cases of the Indian variant in the UK
- What started as a 15-acre brush fire Friday turned into an inferno by Saturday afternoon and is still raging Sunday evening. Police believe it was started by an arsonist who is still on the loose.
- The InterCity 125 has taken its final journey on the main network after being part of British life since 1976. The historic farewell before it retired came at London St Pancras on Saturday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!