- Constantia Carr-Winterburn, of Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire, and Lillie Almond, of Dove Holes, left their home addresses to go to school this morning
- Her family have now issued a desperate plea to catch the culprits after the 'despicable crime' brought all of the pain of losing young Victoria flooding back
Ralf Little has nothing but admiration for his siblings who work for the NHS, praising how ‘stoic’ they are despite the ‘danger’ of working on the coronavirus pandemic frontlines. The Death In Paradise star has a doctor brother and sister, who is a nurse, working throughout the health crisis. Sharing what it’s been like for his siblings, Ralf said
- Callum Hudson-Odoi says Thomas Tuchel has asked him to be more direc for Chelsea (Getty)Callum Hudson-Odoi has revealed that Thomas Tuchel has instructed him to be more direct following Chelsea’s draw with Wolves on Wednesday evening.Tuchel’s first game in charge ended in a stalemate at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea dominated possession but were unable to break down a stubborn Wolves side.Following Frank Lampard’s sacking earlier this week, Tuchel opted to switch formation and pla
A mum couldn’t stop laughing at her tan-loving teen’s beauty fail, after she accidentally picked up the ‘darker than dark’ colour.Keira Domachowski, 13, was filmed by mum Carole Rees as she wandered through the living room waiting for the product to develop.The teen admitted she had grabbed the darker shade without realising, as she had been too busy concentrating
- Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea debut was not one to remember (Picture: Getty Images)Michael Owen believes Chelsea were poor and one-dimensional in Thomas Tuchel’s debut as Blues manager, but the former England striker has backed the German to succeed at Stamford Bridge.Chelsea played out a tepid goalless draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night in Tuchel’s first game in charge of the club.The home side dominated the play, finishing the game with 79 per c
- Oregon health workers who got stuck in a snowstorm on their way back from a COVID-19 vaccination event went car to car injecting stranded drivers before several of the doses expired.
- Labour and his own party have condemned the serial lockdown sceptic Tory MP - yet he hasn't lost the Conservative whip
- The driver shared a photo of multiple cars parking over the footpath in front of their garages in Bondi in the city's east this week - with front wheels resting on the footpath.
- Eric Bailly missed Manchester United’s shock defeat against Sheffield United at Old Trafford (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was left to rue the ‘unfortunate’ injury which ruled Eric Bailly out of last night’s match against Sheffield United.
The Ivory Coast international had been a revelation since returning to the team last month with United having won six of the seven matches he has featured in since December 23.Bailly, however, suffered bruising following a collis
- The Spice Girls will mark the 25th anniversary of Wannabe this July (Picture: Ray Burmiston/Photoshot/Getty Images)The Spice Girls are having a ‘big old rethink’ about their 25th anniversary plans.Mel C, Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton and Geri Horner hit number one with their debut single Wannabe in July 1996, and had hoped to celebrate 25 years since their iconic introduction to the charts this summer.However, any plans for a concert to mark the occasion have been thwarted by
- Gayle Smylie and Anthony Moss invaded the home of his ex Kelly Featherstone in St Helen's, Merseyside, after she allegedly made 'controversial' remarks about their family online
Two astronauts have completed a spacewalk to install a British-built broadband hub that will beam scientific research back to Earth.The technology marks the UK’s first major industrial contribution to the International Space Station (ISS).Called ColKa, short for Columbus Ka-band Terminal, the system will allow astronauts to communicate with Earth at home broadband speeds.It will re
- Imperial College London and the English National Opera have joined forces for the programme developed specifically for people recovering from coronavirus.
- The six British tourists are said to be among 89 foreigners who have been detained by officers who raided a bar in Koh Phangan island which was breaching the coronavirus rules
- The mother of a 13-year-old autistic boy who went missing on the New South Wales' Central Coast has kissed him in an incredible reunion since he went missing on Wednesday.
- Online learning and home schooling became commonplace last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, leading to experts finding a growing problem with some children.
- The company has confirmed its vaccine works against the UK and South African variants of coronavirus (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Pfizer and BioNTech have confirmed their vaccine is effective against the UK and South African variants of coronavirus.This is a breaking story. More to follow.Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] more stories like this, check our news page.
- There are doubts the UK will hit Boris Johnson's tarrget of 15 million coronavirus vaccine jabs by February 15 - average of 412,401 first doses are needed each day but there have been less than 312,000 for three days running
- A woman pours a pint at the Dispensary pub in Liverpool (Picture: AP)Non-essential shops could reopen in April followed by pubs and restaurants in May under a ‘three-step plan’ out of lockdown, according to reports.Boris Johnson said there will be a ‘gradual and phased’ approach to lifting restrictions, with the national lockdown in place until at least March 8, and a review before then in mid-February.The PM announced that schools will not reopen immediately after Februa
- A woman walks past shuttered shops in London (Picture: Tolga Akmen / AFP)Non-essential shops could reopen in April followed by pubs and restaurants in May, according to reports.Boris Johnson said there will be a ‘gradual and phased’ approach to lifting restrictions, with the national lockdown in place until at least March 8, and a review before then in mid-February.The PM announced that schools will not reopen immediately after February half-term, and that new border restrictions wil
- A strategic use of emotion can shift the blame (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)The last time I witnessed the destructive power of white women’s tears, I was the victim.In 2019 I suffered a hate crime. Throughout the ordeal I gave my friends a live commentary on a Whatsapp group chat, eventually letting them know when I had got home safely.I was on edge after what happened, but what stung was the radio silence from one of my white friends.
I thought she was using her privilege to turn a blind e
- A Sainsbury’s customer said her delivery driver told her he’d returned to her home to check her out (Stock picture: PA)A Sainsbury’s customer was left feeling scared and vulnerable when her delivery driver returned to her home hours after dropping off her order to ‘check her out’.The woman, in her 20s, who wishes to remain anonymous, received her shopping around 8pm on January 18. She didn’t notice any items were missing from the order at the time.
Coronation Street spoilers: 38 new images reveal Summer death tragedy, car crash horror and drugs terror(Picture: ITV)February gets off to quite the start in Coronation Street, and lives are left hanging in the balance as a result .Summer Spellman (Harriet Bibby) stumbles upon Will in her home, and — unaware of the fact that Todd Grimshaw (Gareth Pierce) put him up to it — she’s left terrified.
She speeds out of the flat, and ultimately collides with an oncoming vehicle — which leaves her fighting for her life.
Will Summer be okay?
Meanwhile, Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) m
- Boris Johnson is travelling north of the border despite the First Minister swiping that it is not an 'essential' trip under coronavirus rules.
- Among a trove of court papers released Wednesday night was a filing by lawyers for Epstein victim Virginia Roberts that included redacted witness testimony.
- Larry’s family honoured him by wearing his signature braces (Picture: SGranitz/WireImage)Larry King’s family honoured the late journalist by wearing his signature suspenders to his funeral.The 87-year-old was known for wearing colourful suspenders with a shirt and tie on his talk shows, including Larry King Live and Larry King Now.His family, including his estranged wife Shawn Southwick King and his three sons Larry Jr, 59, Chance, 21, and Cannon, 20, all wore suspenders to his funer
- The would-be thief was said to have burst in to the station in Slovakia's capital city of Bratislava on Tuesday night before he demanded money from staff - but a member of the public intervened to keep him there
- Mark Woolhouse, professor of infectious disease epidemiology at the University of Edinburgh, has urged for more thought to go into planning for future pandemics due to the risk of a new disease emerging
- 53% said their natural hair has been judged as unattractive or unprofessional (Picture: Getty)At least 93% of Black people with Afro hair in the UK have experienced microaggressions related to their hair, according to a new report.The new study by Pantene has revealed that discrimination against Afro hair is widespread, and uninvited hair touching was reported as one of the most common types of microaggressions, experienced by nearly half (46%).Crucially, only 7% of people without Afro hair were
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!