- via theguardian.comF1 world champion is reportedly lined up for new year honour‘Lewis has always been breaking down barriers,’ says HillThe former Formula One world champion Damon Hill believes a knighthood is an absolutely deserved honour for Lewis Hamilton. The British driver is to be knighted in this year’s new year honours list, according to the Sun. Hill has said if it is bestowed it will be recognition not only of Hamilton’s achievements on track but of his character and impact across
Ivanka schools Jake Tapper over climate change as she reveals CO2 emissions have declined since 2019The first daughter, right, said emissions were declining in 2019 before the pandemic. Tapper, left, was then forced to concede, saying market forces were at play and not policy.
- Leaseholders are facing bills of up to £115,000 each to remove dangerous cladding, similar to that responsible for the Grenfell fire.
- Manly Sea Eagles up-and-comer Keith Titmuss, 20, collapsed during a stretching session at club training, and died in hospital hours later, despite having been declared fit to play.
- Ricky Schroder, 50, told the New York Post on Tuesday why he had contributed to Kyle Rittenhouse's $2 million bail - enabling the 17-year-old to be released from jail last week.
- The award-winning British journalist (pictured), 62, said she felt hounded out by the 338 colleagues who rounded on her over an article that caused a 'transphobia' row.
- Karl Stefanovic has apologised to Anastasia Palaszczuk live on air for his wife's drunken phone call, begging the Premier to open the state's borders.
- Sinead Quinn, who owns Quinn Blakey Hairdressers in Oakenshaw, near Bradford, West Yorks., initially faced a fine of £4,000 for repeated breaches over the weekend.
- The woman, now aged 28, told a Newcastle District Court jury on Tuesday she wanted to get to know Hayne and hoped they might have a future together but he only had one thing on his mind.
- Brian Kahn made the plea in an op-ed for Gizmodo last week, in which he argued that the 75-foot-tall Norway spruce erected outside of 30 Rock ahead of this year's holiday season 'should be the last'
- An Australian beer company has created a limited edition range of beer made out of avocados.
- The UK's five-day Christmas bubbles for three households will likely lead to a third wave, lead to more deaths and 'throw fuel on the Covid fire', SAGE's Professor Andrew Hayward has warned
- It is believed that he became interested in UFOs and aliens because of his uncle Lord Mountbatten - who wrote an official report about a flying saucer landing on his estate.
- Chris Burnham had a wild experience sharing the water with the giant reptile swimming off the coast of Arnhem Land on October 26.
- Speaking to NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt in Wilmington, Delaware on Tuesday, Biden also revealed that he has not spoken to President Donald Trump directly since the election.
- Ms Palaszczuk on Tuesday confirmed her state's border would finally be open to all NSW residents from December 1.
- The then 16-year-old had pinned down his 13-year-old niece, tickled her before raping her. The young girl was left 'bloody, sore and frightened'. Forty years later the man has avoided jail.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – not really the Xbox Series X’s best (pic: Ubisoft)The Wednesday Inbox names Xbox Game Pass as an essential service for lockdown, as one reader asks about the next gen without broadband.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Since Xbox has no games I’ve been forced to play through my back catalogue when on Xbox Series X. Nobody is really talking about auto HDR but I’ve found it to be a revel
- The body of Adam Harper, 26, was recovered from the wreck of the Joanna C fishing boat in Brixham, Devon, on Monday night.
Rafael da Silva sends message to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Manchester United beat Istanbul BasaksehirRafael da Silva embraced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Manchester United’s win at Old Trafford (Getty)Rafael da Silva has urged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to ‘keep fighting’ after the Brazilian returned to Old Trafford in Manchester United’s win over Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday evening.United sealed a comfortable victory over their Turkish opponents in the Champions League as two goals from Bruno Fernandes, plus a penalty from Marcus Rashford and a late strike from Daniel James
- Champagne aficionados may claim the French brands have a certain je ne sais quoi when it comes to flavour and quality. But in blind taste tests, English sparking wine is coming out on top.
- The Transport Secretary insisted cycle lanes have been 'used brilliantly' in many places but criticised councils causing gridlock with badly designed schemes.
- The heatwave signals the start of summer, with experts warning the hot conditions could be dangerous as Australians are still acclimatising from a cool spring.
- The woman from Bristol said she was approached via email and followed the link she received because it seemed 'legit' - shortly after that, she discovered it was all a scam
- Chelsea and Bryce were out fishingat the Lower Ord River in Western Australia when they decided to set up their drone to see what was lurking ahead.
- Peter Burrrows, from Newport, South Wales, found the potentially harmful ragwort in packet of coriander bought as an ingredient for a Mexican meal with his young son
- Left-wing members of the 'squad' have signed on to a petition demanding Joe Biden not name former aide Bruce Reed as head of the White House budget office.
- Nicki Minaj recalled losing the best new artist award in 2011 (Picture: Getty)Nicki Minaj has hit out at the Grammys after the 2021 nominations were revealed.Beyonce and Taylor Swift are leading the way in the Grammys 2021 nods, with Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Jhene Aiko, and Megan Thee Stallion also landing multiple nominations.The rapper recalled losing best new artist in 2012 despite, in her words, ‘inspiring a generation’ with her hit singles from albums Pink Friday and Pink Friday: Rom
- The move came as the ADF handed down the results of a damning four-year inquiry which found evidence 25 Australian soldiers unlawfully killed 39 civilians or prisoners from 2009 to 2016.
- Police received reports that a 31-year-old from Toongabbie, in south-west Sydney, had been kidnapped around 5am on Tuesday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!