‘Unassuming, studious and hard-working’ – Moshe Bergman (Picture: Getty)The family of a young British man who died in a stampede at a Jewish festival in Israel have paid tribute to their ‘wonderful husband, son and brother’.
Moshe Bergman, 24, from Salford, was among 45 people killed in the tragedy on Thursday night.He was buried on Sunday at a funeral in Jerusalem where he was studying to become a Rabbi. Mr Bergman lived in the Israeli capital with his wife Shira w
- via metro.co.uk
- On Friday, delivering a speech in Philadelphia commemorating the 50th anniversary of Amtrak, Biden launched into the tale of a certain conductor congratulating him on reaching the milestone.
- ICE deported 2,962 immigrants in April - a 20 percent decline from March, when 3,716 were removed. It is the first time ICE has deported fewer than 3,000 people in a month.
- On the back of torrential weather and icy cold London will bask in temperatures of 20C, say forecasters, with many looking forward to sunnier climates this weekend
- Abdouslam Alsharif, 50, iallegedly offered the 20-year-old woman, who thought she was getting a ride share, a free lift home after she left a licensed Collingwood venue early in the morning
- The Tiananmen vigil commemorated the deaths of up to thousands of pro-democracy protesters in China.
- The UK sending Royal Navy vessels to Jersey amid a row over fishing rights with France features on the front pages.
- The Queensland government will force returned travellers from New South Wales into hotel quarantine from Friday if they visited a venue exposed to coronavirus.
- PM Boris Johnson says he supports Jersey as French fishing boats are set to protest about new post-Brexit rules.
- A snake catcher was called to the home in Rocksberg near Queensland's sunshine coast on Tuesday to remove 30 skins that had been shed by carpet pythons and tree snakes.
- Australian cricket legend Michael Slater has been labelled a 'spoilt prat' after publicly criticising the travel ban in Covid-ravaged India imposed by Scott Morrison.
- The Georgia Rep. made the remarks during an interview on Tucker Carlson Today Wednesday, adding that she is 'disgusted' by the way Congress 'wastes' taxpayers' money.
- Houston mom Erica Hernandez, 40, was last seen more than two weeks ago on April 18. Her family says she was visiting a friend and left around 2:30am.
- Giant crabs were seen digging their claws into baby turtles as they tried to make their way across the sand towards towards the waters of Christmas Island, about 2,600km north-west of Perth.
- The current surge of the virus has already overwhelmed India's healthcare system.
- Just eight Volkswagen Golfs were sold last month - a dramatic 98 per centdrop from the 327 sold in April 2020 during the start of the Covid pandemic. The Honda Accord had even more dismal sales.
- A 66-year-old Queensland man is in intensive care withy blood clots after receiving the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.
- Victorian Premier Dan Andrews suffered at least five broken ribs and an acute compression fracture of the T7 vertebra when he slipped on the steps of a holiday home on March 9.
TikTokers claims there's a serial killer in an Illinois town after eight bodies found in eight weeksWinnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz addressed rumors after posts made online earned millions of views by claiming Rockford may have a serial killer.
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced a series ofrestrictions for Greater Sydney from 5pm on Thursday until midnight on Monday morning after two mystery Covid-19 cases were discovered in the city.
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian came under fire for going 'so hard, so fast' with the restrictions - but she hit back and said the government's response was 'extremely proportionate'.
Caitlyn Jenner says she's not Republican but a 'compassionate disrupter' in first election interviewCaitlyn Jenner spoke to Hannity on Wednesday night in her first interview since declaring, on April 23, that she was running as a Republican challenger to Gavin Newsom.
- Barry Morphew was arrested this week, a year after his partner Suzanne Morphew disappeared - he claimed she had left her home in Colorado, US, to go on a bike ride but never returned
- Gum Tong (right), owner of Pete's Diner, a Washington, DC eatery popular with members of Congress, says she's owed money by Richard Potcner (left), the QAnon conspiracy theorist.
- The baby's body was found wrapped in a pink towel by staff at the Bradford waste facility on August 20 last year. Officers had made a desperate plea to find the mum of the girl
- Shelley Banders, a mother-of-two from southwest Gippsland in rural Victoria, was shocked to spot a koala hanging upside down from the roof of her farmhouse.
- Rep. Kat Cammack made the allegations in a letter to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Tuesday, sharing Facebook posts that advertise illegal border crossing services.
- The annual Eta Aquariids meteor shower will be most visible for Australian stargazers on Thursday night but can be seen by the naked eye until the end of the week, according to astronomers.
Sydneysiders grow 'complacent' as QR codes check-ins drop by 20% after NSW records new Covid-19 caseCustomer Service Minister Victor Dominello said Sydneysiders had become 'complacent' as new data revealed QR check-ins through Service NSW have fallen by 20% after state's shock new case
- Officer Garrett Rolfe, 27, shot Rayshard Brooks, also 27, fatally twice in the back as he ran from cops outside a Wendy's in South Atlanta on June 12 of last year.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!