- Joanne Bresnahan, 43, from Fazakerley in Liverpool, heard a 'crackling' noise coming from her daughter Rebecca's bedroom and went up to find the room engulfed in flames.
- (Picture: ITV)Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) feared the worst in Emmerdale tonight (December 2), as Cain (Jeff Hordley) and Charity (Emma Atkins) started to spend quite a bit of time together.
Charity was heartbroken in the wake of her relationship with Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick) coming to an end.She subsequently hit the bottle, and thus Noah (Jack Downham) and Sarah Sugden (Katie Hill) have been neglected — much to Moira’s dismay.
Having had enough of Charity’s destr
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Mercedes McQueen (Jennifer Metcalfe) did the one thing Silas Blissett (Jeff Rawle) asked her not to in Hollyoaks (December 2), as she reported him to the police.
The entire McQueen clan have been the victims of a devastating blackmail plot over the past few months, but Mercedes has had enough.
She refused to play the blackmailer’s game any longer, and therefore attempted to outsmart the mystery assailant by revealing Cher Winters’ (Bethannie Hare) secret out l
- Britons on the priority list will receive their first jab next week(Picture: AP/Virginia Mayo)The first load of Pfizer/BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine is already on its way to the UK and will be sent to 50 hospital ‘hubs’ within days.Lorries were spotted transporting thousands of doses from Pfizer’s factories in Puurs, Belgium, on Wednesday morning after British regulators gave the vaccine the green light.The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the brea
- Shirley Ballas was a no show on It Takes Two (Picture: BBC)Strictly Come Dancing’s Shirley Ballas missed her appearance on It Takes Two tonight, leaving Motsi Mabuse to be interviewed solo.The head judge was due to join her fellow panellist and presenter Zoe Ball for a chat, however was unable to make it to the BBC studio in time.Before the end of the show, Zoe explained Shirley’s absence was out of her control as she was stuck in traffic, so Motsi was interviewed on her own.
- LeBron Jamessigned a two-year, $85million extension with the Los Angeles Lakers that will allow him to become a free agent in 2023, when his son Bronny could be entering the NBA Draft.
- Former FIT offensive lineman Evan Kulyk, 21 (left and right), has been charged with kidnapping inflicting bodily harm and battery for allegedly beating up a college soccer player last month.
- Mark Zandi, Moody's Analytics' chief economist, said in a note on Sundaythat it was 'expected to take until early 2024 ... for the economy to regain the 22 million jobs lost.'
- Shane Mays has admitted manslaughter but denies murdering Louise Smith (Picture: PA/Solent News)The man accused of murdering 16-year-old Louise Smith told a court he ‘lost control’ in a fit of rage during an argument about her drug use.
Prosecutors say Shane Mays, 30, led his niece to a woodland area before inflicting a series of heavy blows to her face and then violating her body in a ‘sexually motivated’ attack.
He admits manslaughter but denies murder, claiming he &lsq
- The countryside home, located on the outskirts of Fleetwood, Lancs features a cobweb-covered pram, dusty children's toys, crumbling fireplaces in every room, and sun-damaged carpets
- Bill Clinton's former adviser Doug Band has spoken out in an extraordinary tell-all interview about the Clintons to Vanity Fair.
- Daniel Rawlings and wife Lacey have denied manslaughter and abuse charges after driving their truck through floodwaters, with their son Colby and daughter Willa both drowning as a resultA mother and father who killed their two children and niece by driving through floodwaters have denied charges of manslaughter and child abuse.
Daniel Rawlings, who was driving the car in November 2019, denied three counts of reckless manslaughter, while his wife Lacey pleaded not guilty to child abuse charges at
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (pictured giving blood last week) is urging residents to donate blood as a new sweepstakes is offering prizes including Jets tickets and free Krispy Kreme donuts.
- Acting US Attorney for EDNY Seth Ducharme said 117 women traveled from Turkey to Long Island to give birth to the children before returning home. In total, 119 children were born on US soil.
- Sir Mark Walport, the former chief scientific adviser for the UK, said the agency had made a 'switch' away from infectious disease. 'There's a lesson to be learnt there,' he said.
- There’s more to the Harry Potter costumes than meets the eye (Picture: REX/Warner Bros)As one of the most famous franchises in the world, the Harry Potter films required insane attention to detail, from visual effects and makeup to props and, of course, costume.There are plenty of secrets even die-hard Potterheads might not know about the costumes worn in the movies, including David Beckham inspiring the quidditch uniforms, and Dame Emma Thompson creating Professor Trelawney’s signat
- He attended an anti-lockdown protest in London’s Hyde Park (Picture: PA)Piers Corbyn has been found guilty of breaking coronavirus laws during an anti-lockdown protest at London’s Hyde Park.The former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s brother, 73. was described in court as the ‘poster boy’ for groups protesting in anger at coronavirus restrictions.District Judge Sam Goozee found the charge proven that he breached coronavirus rules during a gathering at Speakers’ C
- Over 200 lawyers signed the petition to the Garrick Club in London after businesswoman Emily Bendell, 39,launched legal action for force the club into accepting women members.
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Tyrese Gibson are no longer clashing with each other (Picture: Getty Images)Fast and Furious stars Tyrese Gibson and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson have officially ended their feud.The pair began battling it out on social media in 2017 when the former model called The Rock out for getting his own spin-off film, Hobbs & Shaw.However, Tyrese confirmed the former co-stars have buried the hatchet during an appearance on Stir Crazy with Josh H
- Professor Liam Smeeth said it was 'likely' a third lockdown would be needed in Britain to curb a possible rising tide of infections. He added it was unlikely Covid-19 would disappear completely.
- The attending physician in the U.S.Capitol has warned lawmakers and staffnot to attend holiday receptions 'outside of your family unit,' which would include the Congressional Ball at the White House.
- NHS England said the first doses of the Pfizer vaccine will be given to patients in 50 hospital hubs from next week. The Mirror answers all the questions you have about the jabs
- On Monday the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge in New York City was closed down due to extreme wind conditions that led the bridge to sway and move up and down.
Strictly Come Dancing’s Giovanni Pernice told Ranvir Sing ‘I love you’ during their performance on Saturday night in previously unheard scenes.
The professional dancer, who has been embroiled in dating rumours with the Good Morning Britain presenter, shared some heartwarming sentiments with his partner as they got into character for their American Smooth.
A video shared
- Why is my partner no longer interested in me physically, one frustrated 52-year-old reader going through the menopause asks our in-house agony aunt Coleen Nolan
- (Picture: Channel 5)Neighbours has cast hard of hearing actor Nathan Borg in a new role.
The 24-year-old will portray teacher Curtis Perkins, who starts his teaching career at Erinsborough High, under the watchful eye of veteran Susan Kennedy (Jackie Woodburne) and Jane Harris (Annie Jones).
Curtis is passionate about helping young people — and he’s far tougher than he lets on!Nathan’s casting on the long-running serial drama makes him the first actor on Australian television w
- Serial bank robber, the 'Too Tall Bandit', has robbed 16 banks in 11 years.The most recent incidents took place in November of this year. The FBI is awarding $15,000 for his capture.
- Sonny Hazell was convicted of the manslaughter of Daryl Bunn, 27, following a trial at Chelmsford Crown Court, Essex, after the incident in Maldon last year
- Celeste has announced her debut album, Not Your Muse (Picture: Redferns)Celeste has announced her debut studio album, Not Your Muse, following her epic success on the John Lewis advert.The 26-year-old’s original song, A Little Love, was featured in this year’s ad for the brand.She is topping off an epic few months by dropping a full-length album on fans, packed with 12 total bops.Speaking about the offering on Instagram, while sharing the artwork, she said: ‘Not Your Muse is th
Shane Richie’s son has insisted he ‘doesn’t hate’ AJ Pritchard after his dad and the dancer clashed on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!.Last week, there was a bit of tension between Shane and AJ over the camp chores.The pair had previously had a disagreement over the washing up, but then things simmered between them once again when new camp leader
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!