- It is believed the fire at the home in Fazakerley, Liverpool, started from a laptop in the bedroom before spreading all over the property, blowing windows out and causing the loft to fall through into the living room
- Maradona's life off-the-field was almost as infamous as his achievements on it. A sporting hero to many, he struggled with his fame, courted controversy, and battled a drug addiction for many years.
- New York state's COVID-19 test positivity rate is now more than 3 percent and there were 41 deaths from the virus on Tuesday a decrease since the previous day but a marked increase from the summer.
- The Weeknd has continued to attack the Grammys producers over his nominations snub (Picture: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)The Weeknd has continued to lash out at the Grammys after he was shockingly snubbed from the 2021 nominations list.The Blinding Lights hitmaker – real name Abel Tesfaye – originally shared his frustration after the nominations were announced yesterday before posting a new message hinting his omission was suspicious.Taking to Instagram on Wednesday, he wrote:
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Edward Hutchinson (Joe McGann) proved that he’s willing to do anything to hold on to Diane (Alex Fletcher) in Hollyoaks tonight (November 25), as he blackmailed Kurt Benson (Jeremy Edwards).Viewers will know that Edward has been slowing trying to turn Diane into his dead wife. Verity (Eva O’Hara) discovered what her devilish dad was up to, and promised him that she’s not going to keep shtum.
However, Edward had a trick up his sleeve, as he overheard Kurt
- (Picture: ITV)Leyla Harding (Roxy Shahidi) vowed to destroy Gabby Thomas (Rosie Bentham) in Emmerdale tonight (November 25), after Liam Cavanagh (Jonny McPherson) put an end to their relationship.
Leyla spotted a heated showdown between Gabby and Liam earlier this week, and she ultimately jumped to the wrong conclusion.
Yes, she accused Liam of grooming Gabby, and suggested that he tried to take advantage of her.
Liam was appalled by such an accusation — horrified that Leyla thought he was
A teenager who reached speeds of 180mph on his motorbike during a 30-minute police chase is facing jail.Marian Vasilica Dragoi, 19, jumped red lights, mounted pavements and rode on the wrong side of the road in an increasingly desperate bid to evade officers on May 20.They spotted his high-powered bike, fitted with a false number plate, in the Wood Green area of north London at around 9.
- The Weeknd hit back at his Grammys snub (Picture: Raphael Dias/Getty Images)The head of the Grammy awards has spoken out following The Weeknd’s rant about the awards being ‘corrupt’ after he was snubbed for a nomination. Despite having one of the biggest songs of the year – Blinding Lights – The Weeknd didn’t get a nomination at this year’s Grammys, which left him understandably upset. He took to Twitter to post: ‘The Grammys remain corru
- Unusual modifications (Picture: Triangle News)Police were left shocked when they pulled over a sports car to find it had a huge metal handbrake lever.The strange motor – which was a modified Mazda MX5 – also had a detachable steering wheel.Officers banned the vehicle from Britain’s roads until it gets a full MOT.Pictures show the car’s bizarre interior design.Instead of a gear stick, the vehicle has a thick metal pole, and even stranger is the modified handbrake
- Supporters of Donald Trump are mocking Alyssa Milano after the Democratic activist took to Twitter on Tuesday and offered to extend an 'olive branch' to the president's supporters.
11-year-old girl is fighting for her life in hospital after police arrested a man and woman in LeedsPolice were called to reports of an incident involving a young girl at an address near Leeds, West Yorkshire, at around 6.55am today.
- Covid has provided ‘fertile ground’ for far-right and Islamist extremists (Picture: Getty)The coronavirus crisis has led to a huge increase in far-right and Islamist propaganda on social media, experts say. Extremists have been trying to exploit captive audiences spending more time online during lockdowns by taking advantage of global ‘chaos and uncertainty’, according to Milo Comerford, from the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD).He said one pro-Islamic State (I
- Hilda Bastian, an accomplished Australian scientist turned writer who blogs for the British Medical Journal (BMJ), claims data from the Oxford trials has been 'patched together'.
- Police on Wednesday arrested 31-year-old David Gonzalez (pictured), who they say was caught on video trying to rape a 14-year-old girl in the hallway of a cardiologist's office in Brooklyn.
- Johnny Depp has not been granted permission to appeal the decision in his case with Amber Heard (Picture: Getty)Johnny Depp has been refused permission to appeal the loss of his libel trial after a judge concluded that he assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard. The actor, 57, had vowed to appeal the High Court Ruling after he lost his case against The Sun newspaper’s publisher, News Group Newspapers, who he sued for a headline that labelled him a ‘wife beater’. Depp had br
- The rent strike began earlier this month amid ongoing protests after Manchester University students' face-to-face classes were halted and they experienced a series of issues with accommodation
- A man who went commando ended up flashing his backside after brawling with another customer at a convenience store (Pictures: Local10)A man who decided to go commando ended up flashing a convenience store after his trousers fell down during a late night brawl. The unnamed fighter gave onlookers an eyeful while scrapping with another customer at a Wawa shop in Lauderhill, Florida, in the early hours of Monday.Their fight is said to have erupted after one man held the shop’s door open for th
- Ex-PM David Cameron led criticism of the move, which triggered the resignation of Foreign Office Minister Baroness Sugg
- I agree families need to see each other and Covid-19's effect on mental health is huge, but this three bubbles plan isn't worth the price, says Eva Simpson
I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have teased that the latest trial with Shane Richie and Jess Plummer is the funniest one they’ve had on the series in 20 years.
Wednesday night’s episode will see Shane and Jess take on Sickening Stalls, which sees them having to down a gruesome blend of drinks.
It’s notoriously nasty – some might say e
- EXCLUSIVE: Big chains including New Look, Dorothy Perkins, Superdry and L.K. Bennett are rushing to get rid of excess stock online after being forced to shut shop doors
- A female patient claims the Harley Street dentist Dr Sahil Patel, 28, 'used me and got rid of me' when he wined and dined her at the Savoy Hotel in London before going back to her hotel room and having sex.
- Mayors and officials across Britain's heartlands are expecting to subject to the toughest coronavirus restrictions when national lockdown ends on December 2 - and expressed frustration at being frozen out of Westminster decisions
- The National Lottery normally brings winners together to help support various charities in the run-up to Christmas - but this year, because of lockdown restrictions, they created a WhatsApp group to plan how they could give back
- Marcus Rashford has talked up Jadon Sancho (Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images)Marcus Rashford has endorsed Manchester United’s interest in Dortmund star Jadon Sancho by talking up the ability of his England team-mate.United failed with a move for the 20-year-old last summer, in what was the longest-running saga of the transfer window.Dortmund demanded £108million for Sancho but United didn’t get close to the Bundesliga club’s valuation and the winger was disappointed that h
- Washington state deputy, Anthony Zayas, 26, has been charged with third-degree rape of a teenager he met on Tinder where she reportedly claimed she was 19 years old.
- Sentencing judge Mrs Justice Whipple said she would release some of the tranche of statements attesting to Elphicke's good character following his conviction.
- Footage has captured the moment Ricardo Cotteral, 32, loses control of his car at 100mph during a police pursuit then goes ploughing into traffic in Nottingham
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak has boasted he's pumping money into the coronavirus response - but there are plenty of other things that he wasn't shouting about quite so loudly. We've trawled through so you don't have to
- Christopher Dalton was humiliated in front of thousands of people online (Picture: Cavendish Press)A vigilante group humiliated a paedophile in front of thousands of people as they confronted him for targeting young girls online.
Christopher Dalton, 33, was quizzed by the Our Team paedophile hunters about explicit images he sent to investigators posing as girls aged 12 and 13.The group mocked him about his trainers and the size of his forehead and repeatedly pranked him as they streamed the enco
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!