Face masks will be needed long term and possibly for good, according to scientistsFace masks, hand washing and one-way systems may be needed even after the entire population is vaccinated for Covid, scientists have warned.
Papers released by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) say ‘baseline measures’, which include regular hand washing and face coveringsin public places, will still be necessary even as life returns to normal.Boris Johnson unveiled a five-step roadmap
- Dimitar Berbatov previews the weekend’s Premier League action (Picture: Metro / REX)Manchester City took another significant step towards clinching the Premier League title this week, but rivals Manchester United will hope to at least put an end to their incredible winning run in the derby on Sunday.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are struggling for goals at the moment, but they won twice at the Etihad last season and the counter-attacking threat of Marcus Rashford could provide problems
- Shelley plays Yasmeen in Coronation Street (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street star Shelley King has discussed her biggest inspiration who died in October last year after decades of saving the lives of children and families in Kolkata.
Geeta Venkadakrishnan was the director of charity the Hope Foundation and had been working abroad with the Covid effors, before vaccinations had become available.
Over the years she has saved many lives through her charity work and, while talking to Metro.co.uk about
Joe Wicks is celebrating his last PE session ‘for a while’, after holding more than 100 in the past year alone.We’re getting a bit emotional to be honest.The Body Coach star has helped to keep us all fit and healthy throughout the ongoing pandemic with his online lessons, which he began at the start of the UK’s first national lockdown last March, and have since be
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle launched their podcast last year (Picture: Backgrid)This weekend many eyes will be on Oprah’s anticipated interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, as they prepare to open up on their exit from royal life, after stepping down from duties and relocating to the US last year.The interview, officially titled ‘Oprah with Meghan and Harry’, which has been produced by Oprah’s own production company, has been dubbed ‘intimate and wide-ran
- Dancing on Ice semi-final will include just 12 mins of skating (Picture: Rex)Viewers will undoubtedly settle in for a night of glamorous, impressive and skillful routines on Sunday night’s semi-final of Dancing On Ice.However, fans of the show may be left disappointed as it has been reported that there will only be 12 minutes of actual skating during its two-hour time slot.Following a season of injuries, illnesses, and positive coronavirus tests, four contestants are left when there should
- Emma-Jayne Magson stabbed her partner with a steak knife (Picture: PA/SWNS)A woman who stabbed her partner to death with a steak knife has been convicted of murder for a second time following a retrial ordered by the Court of Appeal.Emma-Jayne Magson, from Leicester, killed 26-year-old James Knight with a single stab wound to the heart in March 2016 after a drunken row between the pair.The 28-year-old was found guilty of murder and jailed for a minimum term of 13 years at Leicester Crown Court i
- Mike, Betty, and Harrison love to travel with their owners (Picture: Caters News)While we’re making do with walking laps around the park, these cats really know how to stretch their legs.
Mike, Betty, and Harrison spend their days hiking, sledging, and kayaking in their local area of Okanagan, Canada, and enjoying all the wonders their beautiful surroundings have to offer.
Thankfully their owners, Stephanie Ketterer, 36, and her husband Landon, 31, are here to support the kitties love of a
- Mehmet Serif Boga (second right) allegedly murdered Ilkay Tokkal, (second left) his 41-year-old wife Emel Tokkal, and his four-year-old son Ali Doruk at their Eskisehir apartment on February 15.
- The bizarre list of tasks were assigned to girls in a history class at Shallowater High School last month, before irate parents shared photos of its outline to the internet.
- Health officials have traced the sixth person known to have been infected with the new Covid variant.
- Brittni Gray was allegedly seen raping a 14 year-old boy, and is now said to be pregnant with the youngster’s child (Picture: Greene County Detention Center)A woman who was spotted raping a 14 year-old boy by a shocked eyewitness is now pregnant with her victim’s child, a court heard. Brittni Gray, 23, was charged with sexual assault on Monday after she was allegedly spotted having abusive sexual intercourse with the youngster in Paragould, Arkansas, in September 2020.That witness to
- Susan Boyle lifted spirits with her post (Picture: Getty Images)Susan Boyle has got her coronavirus vaccine and she’s thrilled to share the news with the world, saying she can now see the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’.The Britain’s Got Talent star shared a sweet snap of herself, clutching all her vaccine information in one hand and giving us a thumbs up with the other.‘Monday felt for the first time like there is light at the end of the tunnel,’ she explain
- The mother and her three young cubs appeared to look solemnly at the sky in anticipation of the downpour in Alaska, which set in for the rest of the day.
- Stella McCartney's fashion brand has seen losses reach almost £32 million - and the company has still not paid her more than half a million pounds she was owed.
- The tunnel site was found near to Tintern Abbey close to the England-Wales border in Tintern, Monmouthshire by engineers working for Western Power Distribution.
- Shocking images of the Sumatran elephant show the animal's decomposing body lying on its side, with a cut on its leg from where it was gripped by the trap in Sumatra, Indonesia.
- The World Nature Photography Awards has announced its winners from an incredible pool of entries. The stunning image of a Borneo orangutan was crowned the winner.
- A heavenly feature for a hellish game (Pic: Blizzard)A surprisingly neat feature of Diablo 2: Resurrected is that you can import save files from the original, even though it’s 20 years old.Not an awful lot of information was revealed for the Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster during its official announcement, aside from it including the Lord Of Destruction expansion, new visuals, and surround sound.However, there is one feature that Blizzard surprisingly didn’t mention, one that’s
- Accidental handball leading to a goal-scoring chance or goal for a team-mate will no longer be penalised say football's law makers.
- Calls to prevent the Met came after the Black Lives Matter protests last year (Picture: Getty)London Pride has rejected a motion to ban Metropolitan Police from taking part in the parade later this year.Calls to block the force from joining the parade came after Black Lives Matter protests last year, after which London Pride received hundreds of letters highlighting perceived examples of institutional racism by officers.
Despite demands over the exclusion of their LGBT+ Network group from the ev
- Sarah Everard, 33, was last seen walking between Clapham Junction and Brixton at 9pm on Wednesday.
- Addington House, in Croydon, south London, boasts facilities including a sauna, cinema, classroom, wine cellar, old bakery and a garage as well as a large pool and terrace overlooking the garden.
- Tennessee IT expert John Westbrook, 41 (right), has been charged with aggravated kidnapping for allegedly abducting his daughter, Daphne (left), and holding her captive since October 2019.
- Bute East dock in Cardiff was built in the Victorian era to help transport coal to the rest of the world but it closed to ships in 1970. Developers hope to create a floating village - the first of its kind in Britain.
- Heads say parents are not giving consent for school Covid tests, ahead of pupils going back in England.
- Anyone travelling overseas from England from Monday will have to prove they are allowed to travel.
- Kelly Webber (pictured, 41, of Burton, was found at the property in Somerset Road on Tuesday.
- via mirror.co.ukIt's been reported that the patient has been tracked down days after the
- Asthma UK said there is widespread confusion over the guidance (Pictures: Getty)Some people with severe asthma who are eligible for the Covid vaccine are being turned down by GPs, a charity has warned.Asthma UK said there is widespread confusion over the guidance over who should be in priority group six – people aged 16 to 65 who are at-risk due to medical conditions.
The charity warns some GPs have said only those with recent hospital admission – rather than any history of admission
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!