Worried you’re being underpaid? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Money is an awkward topic, isn’t it?
It becomes even more complicated when it comes to salary, which places a specific worth on the work you do.
When you suspect you’re not being paid fairly, it’s natural to feel undervalued – but to figure out if you’re actually being underpaid (and if there’s a reason), you’ll need to find out what other people in your workplace are earning.
- Two bodies have been found after a suspicious house fire west of Brisbane early on Sunday morning. Police have established a crime scene to investigate the cause of the suspicious blaze.
- via mirror.co.ukForeign Secretary Liz Truss revealed a Vladimir Putin plot in a highly unusual move for the UK Foreign Office as Boris Johnson warns European counterparts against 'naivety' over Russia's demands
- Local leaders and organizations gathered for a prayer vigil on Saturday evening after an NYPD officer was killed and another was critically injured in Friday shooting.
- Popular barbecue brand Weber has apologised after sending email subscribers a meatloaf recipe just hours after musician Meat Loaf died following a battle with Covid-19.
- Several of Vice President Kamala Harris's aides were forced to abandon her trip to California and Wisconsin on Saturday after a member of the advance team tested positive for COVID-19.
- Scott Quiner, 55, of Buffalo, Minnesota, has died of COVID-19, almost a week after he was transferred to a Texas hospital after his wife won a restraining order to keep him on life support.
- Senior Cabinet Office official Sue Gray has received evidence that Josh Grimstone and Henry Newman went to Carrie's flat several times during lockdown. (Pictured, Mr Newman with Carrie.)
- Paul Page has claimed he personally made three separate complaints to Buckingham Palace officials during the time worked in the Royal Protection Command from 1998 until 2004.
- The British government on Saturday said former Ukrainian lawmaker Yevheniy Murayev is being considered as a potential candidate to lead a pro-Russia puppet government in Kiev.
- Researchers discovered many see their careers derailed - or even ended - just as they reach the peak of their working life due to absences caused by debilitating menopausal symptoms.
- Almost two dozen MPs were on a five-star junket to Qatar in the same week that women's rights activist Noof al-Maadeed mysteriously vanished, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
- MAIL ON SUNDAY COMMENT: We need to get the country back to work, and bring life and commerce back to our city centres where so many make their living from services.
- The video, which has been viewed more than 4,600 times, shows the position on a beach in Cornwall where the 3,000-mile-long 'Grace Hopper' cable comes ashore and begins its route inland.
- Inspectors at HMP Downview in South London said that a 'large proportion' of the 210 female inmates were 'overweight', with many gaining weight over lockdown.
- via mirror.co.ukDerbyshire Constabulary are actively searching for Tivarnie Gayle with officers becoming increasingly concerned for the teen's welfare as night fell on Saturday evening
- Australian politicians long ago weaponised quick-wit and smart mouths to one-up opposition. From Paul Keating to unfortunate Midnight Oil dances, Aussie politics throw the verbal punches like no other.
- A team of cave explorers survived being trapped in massive water-filled cavern systems underneath the Australian desert after a huge storm caused the cave entrance to collapse in an avalanche.
- Gascon's comments come after Governor Gavin Newsom visited a ravaged rail depot in the Lincoln Heights area of the city Thursday (right), saying it looked like a third-world country.
- Bill Maher is pushing back against those who are blindly following the COVID guidance of Dr. Fauci and other doctors, saying 'don't sit there in your white coat and tell me "just do what we say."'
- Senior officials are understood to want the Duchess of Cambridge to take on the honorary role after the Duke of York was stripped of his remaining military and charitable affiliations.
- Andrew Johnson's photo as aclean-cut boyshooting up heroin in a filthy drug-infested lane shamed Sydney into action, but sparked a lifelong addiction which endures today.
- Arsenal have launched a bid for Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic (NurPhoto via Getty)Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic is holding out for a move to Manchester City despite receiving an offer from Arsenal, according to reports in Italy.The Gunners have made the 21-year-old one of their top targets for the January transfer window and have already submitted a bid of £50 million plus Lucas Torreira to Fiorentina.However, Arsenal have yet to receive a response from Vlahovic’s representat
- Premier Daniel Andrews and Minister for Education James Merlinoannounced on Sunday that pupils and teachers are encouraged to take a test twice a week for the first four weeks of Term 1.
- The World Heart Federation last week published a pamphlet on the dangers of drinking, but has been accused of misrepresenting a 2018 study published by The Lancet.
- Although the UK's mortality rate has dropped massively as more of the population has been vaccinated, some anti-vaxx nurses maintain the life-saving vaccine is an 'experimental drug'.
- In a letter to tutors, undergraduates on Oxford's famous PPE degree said the move to in-person exams leaves many with 'minimal time' to 'completely rewrite their notes before finals'.
- Shaun Pinner is one of at least ten UK nationals who have travelled to Ukraine's wartorn eastern region, known as the Donbas, to take on pro-Moscow separatists.
- As Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky warned of a 'large-scale war', Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said that Yevhen Murayev was being lined up to run the country as a satellite of Moscow.
- NFTs – just say no (pic: Konami)A reader busts some myths about NFTs in video games, including the idea that you can move them from one game to another.So the NFT hype continues to roll on, with more and more publishers insisting on supporting them despite protests from fans. Joseph Dowland gave a good overview of what NFTs are in a recent feature; I won’t be repeating that here, instead I want to take a look at some of the claims made by publishers and NFT evangelists about how they
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!