We know little about the whys and wherefores of this heinous crime (Picture: Roisin Nic Lochlainn /PA Wire)There’s a deep sadness and anger across Ireland today as the nation tries to get it’s head around the senseless death of 23-year-old Ashling Murphy.
Ashling, a primary school teacher at Durrow National School, went to work as normal on Wednesday morning. Later that afternoon she went for a run along the Grand Canal bank in Tullamore, County Offaly – a popular place wi
- via metro.co.uk
- Tourists on a tour boat in Port Lincoln, South Australia, got the show of a lifetime on Thursday when a massive great white shark leaped from the water just metres from their boat.
- Controversial Australian politician Pauline Hanson was left asking 'Please explain' following an unwanted run-in with some angry wasps in the garden of her Queensland home on Saturday.
- Tesla CEO, 50, called President Joe Biden, 79, a 'damp sock puppet' after he wasn't invited to president's Build Back Better meeting that focused on producing electric cars in the US.
- Construction contractor Scott Merryman has been charged with attempting to assassinate President Biden after he claimed he was 'told by God to cop off the head of the serpent in DC'
- Detectives are still searching for a vital piece of evidence since discovering Charlise Mutten's body by the Colo River, in NSW's Blue Mountains, on January 18.
- via mirror.co.ukFormer lower league footballer Alfie Nunn has tragically died after reportedly suffering a heart attack while on the pitch during a game in Dubai where he was living
- After months of the state refusing to divulge its true numbers, showed that at least 12,743 long-term care residents died of the virus as of Jan. 19, far greater than the official tally of 8,505 on that day.
- via metro.co.ukA pizza deliveryman shot a suspect trying to steal his car six times in Philadelphia (Picture: FOX29)A pizza deliveryman shot a man who was apparently trying to steal his car, six times in Philadelphia. The deliveryman, 39, was bringing a pizza order on H Street in the Kensington neighborhood shortly before 7.40pm on Thursday, according to WPVI-TV. That was when he was confronted by an armed man trying to carjack him. Police said the deliveryman had a concealed carry permit and fi
- The Metropolitan Police are under fire after messages revealed officers knew two years ago about the abuse of Yasmin Wafah Chkaifi, 43, (pictured), who was killed in Maida Vale this week.
- Gullis, who has been the MP for Stoke-on-Trent North since 2019, was filmed yelling and stamping his feet in a show of support for Boris Johnson during PMQs on Wednesday.
- David Boies, Ms Roberts' New York attorney, said Ms Roberts does not want a settlement that would allow Andrew to 'escape' responsibility due to his 'position' and 'wealth', according to reports.
- The number of civil servants working in some Whitehall departments more than tripled this week after being told to return to the office, according to a Daily Mail audit.
- Tory Maguire, executive editor of the Herald and Age, made the stunning claims while explaining why a news story that included an interview with the hardline feminist was spiked from publication.
- David Coulthard, 50, and Sigrid Silversand, 27, put on an affectionate display as they went for a stroll in London this week. The ex-F1 ace married Belgian TV presenter Karen Minier, 48 in Monaco in 2013.
- A popular TV couple have reportedly called in lawyers after their sex tape was leaked online.
Labour is now more trusted than the Tories with taxes and reducing the cost of living, suggests pollThe Ipsos Mori survey found 37 per cent of adults in Britain trust Labour most on taxation, compared with 27 per cent for the Conservatives.
- Sydney woman Janelle Loke, 24, has shared her gym's new ban on sports bras after she was pulled aside by staff in her usual gym outfit she said she has worn to the gym for years.
- Safestyle UK - known for its 'You buy one, you get one free' advertising campaign - is understood to have been targeted in a 'ransomware' attack. Hackers customer details for over 400,000 people.
- The 73-year-old will prove himself to be quite the reality star when he makes a surprise appearance on ITV's Keeping Up With The Aristocrats on Monday, MailOnline can exclusively reveal.
- via mirror.co.ukA famous television duo have called in lawyers to remove sex videos and images that have been shared on social media accounts via direct messages, it is alleged
- Queensland's chief healthhas warned the Omicron strain of the virus is far from over for residents in the Sunshine State. It follows 10,391 new Covid cases and 12 deaths on Saturday.
- The 'Today' programme host says he prefers 'silence' to the BBC's main radio station which broadcasts his morning flagship news show. Webb dismissed Radio Four as 'informative noise.'
- Thousands of Welsh people returned to nightclubs for the first time in 2022 after the Principality's First Minister Mark Drakeford eliminated most of the country's Covid-19 restrictions.
- National Highways this week launched an advertising blitz alongside a slick video featuring Gadget Show presenters Ortis Deley and Suzi Perry.
- In a phone call next week Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to demand the Kremlin 'steps back' from the brink of war in eastern Europe.
- A call for all cats to be kept inside to stop them killing wildlife seems sure to get fur flying among pet lovers. Peta, an animal rights charity, issued the demand-along with a ban on cat flaps.
- More than half of the 6,000 veterinary practices are owned by just six companies. And three of them are private equity firms.
- Premiums have increased by up to 2,000 per cent. Housing Secretary Michael Gove yesterday told the Financial Conduct Authority he was worried about 'crippling costs' faced by families.
It's some of Britain's most fertile land - yet there's a plan to cover 2,800 acres with solar panelsIf proposals currently being considered go through, compulsory purchase orders could be used to turn this green land into Britain's biggest 'solar farm'.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!