Manpreet’s suspicions about Meena have well and truly been raised(Picture: ITV)Emmerdale’s Manpreet Sharma (Rebecca Sarker) was left confused by Meena Jutla’s (Paige Sandhu) attempt to explain the mysterious phone she had in her handbag.
Viewers of the ITV soap will know that Meena cruelly masqueraded as Ethan Anderson’s (Emile John) missing mum last month, and sent text messages from a secret phone.
Manpreet, however, remains in the dark about such a thing.
- The Martinez-Escrivas and the Hunnisetts were both in search of more space (Picture: Richard Eaton/ Metro.co.uk)Lockdown made many families realise exactly what their homes were missing: space.
The Hunnisetts and the Martinez-Escrivas both decided they needed to move to more spacious properties to fit their growing families.But as is typical with house-hunting, especially in the time of Covid, not everything went smoothly.Luckily, both families were able to make use of some of the handy deals th
- Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen had to be resuscitated after collapsing in the side’s clash with Finland (Picture: Getty)Christian Eriksen has shared a smiley selfie with a big thumbs up and thanked fans for their ‘amazing greetings and messages’ after suffering a cardiac arrest in Denmark’s opening Euro 2020 clash with Finland.The 29-year-old Inter Milan midfielder collapsed on the pitch while receiving the ball from a throw-in just before half-time in Saturday&rsqu
- Line Of Duty has raked in the nominations at this year’s TV Choice Awards (Picture: BBC)Line Of Duty has come out on top with the most nominations at this year’s TV Choice Awards.The BBC’s hugely successful crime series, starring Vicky McClure, Adrian Dunbar and Martin Compston, has scored four nods with the trio all nominated in the best actor and best actress categories.Netflix’s mega-hit Bridgerton scored three nominations, including best new drama.The show’s bre
Great British Bake Off producers amp up security fearing fans will trespass Covid-safe set: ‘They’re not taking any chances’Great British Bake Off producers have beefed up security (Picture: Channel 4)Great British Bake Off producers have reportedly beefed up security for their contestants and judges to avoid fans accessing the set.Filming has started with judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood and hosts Matt Lucas and Noel Fielding. Everyone from the show is currently in a Covid-safe bubble as they try to ensure filming of the new series goes without a hitch.Channel 4 bosses have increase
- GB News’ live coverage of The Great British Breakfast cut out on Tuesday morning (Picture: GB News)GB News suffered another technical blunder as the website crashed this morning leaving viewers unable to watch the live coverage. Former BBC journalist Andrew Neil launched his news channel on Sunday night with a host of presenters such as Dan Wootton, Kirsty Gallacher and Nana Akua. However, the live feed of Tuesday’s edition of The Great British Breakfast cut out on the GB N
‘We changed their lives. And they changed ours’: Animal-lovers reveal how their rescue pets transformed their livesDiane, Paula, and Meera all found their passion for looking after animals after meeting their beloved rescue dogs (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Approximately 100,000 dogs end up in rehoming shelters every year, and many of them sadly never find a forever home.
After a huge number of people went out to buy ‘pandemic puppies’ over lockdown, shelters are now extremely worried that they could be about to see an influx of abandoned pups.Adopting a dog from an animal shelter might seem scary to so
- Martin Bashir interviewed Princess Diana for Panorama in 1995 (Picture: Getty)Former BBC director-generals Lord Tony Hall and Lord John Birt will be questioned by MPs today about events leading up to Martin Bashir’s Panorama interview with Princess Diana.They will also face questions on the broadcaster’s handling of investigations into how Bashir obtained the world exclusive.A recent report by Lord Dyson criticised the methods the journalist used to secure his bombshell interview in
- These family homes fit the bill (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Over the past year or so our homes have had more demands placed on them than ever before.
On top of their normal functions, they’ve become offices, classrooms and gyms, and a legacy of the pandemic is that we’ve reassessed our priorities when planning to move.In its latest Housing Futures report, estate agency Strutt & Parker reveals that private outside space and extra room now top house hunters’ wish lists.
They also l
- Pub and restaurant bossesincluding Pizza Express entrepreneur Hugh Osmond (pictured) warned of thousands of job losses and a £1 billion-a-week cost to the industry.
- Labour has claimed Boris Johnson delayed putting India on the red list because he wanted a photo call with his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi (Picture: Rex/Reuters)The Delta strain of coronavirus should be renamed the ‘Johnson variant’ because of the Prime Minister’s ‘lax’ border measures, Labour has said.The party is blaming Boris Johnson’s ‘negligence and incompetence’ for the more infectious strain first identified in India becoming dominant i
- Two boy racers who injured 19 people when they crashed at a car meet in Hertfordshire have been jailed. Dominic Brown, 21 and Julian Castana-Perez, 19, were sentenced to five years and four years behind bars respectively following an appearance at St Albans Crown Court on Friday. Video footage from the July 2019 event shows the two teens colliding in their cars before veering into crowds at the Roaring Meg Retail Park in Stevenage. People can be heard shouting ‘no’ and
- Sydney-based teenagers Josh, Dylan, Bailey, and Jayden, who have dubbed their group the 'Jawners' describe themselves as on social media as 'small YouTubers trying to make it big'.
- Nicky is getting a lie-in (Picture: Jeff Spicer/Getty Images)Nicky Campbell is leaving BBC Radio 5 Live’s Breakfast show after nearly 20 years.The 60-year-old TV and radio presenter admitted it is ‘really tough’ to be departing the programme – which he has hosted since January 2003 – and his co-presenter Rachel Burden, but he is looking forward to some more sleep after waking up at 4am for the past 18 and a half years.He said: ‘Leaving Breakfast is really toug
- The footage, which aired Sunday on Sky News Australia , was reportedly filmed inside the lab and showed a series of cages containing live bats.
- Ex-Comancheros bikie leader Mark Buddle left Dubai for Iraq in the days before Australian authorities carried out the biggest underworld crime bust on Tuesday as part of a global police sting.
- The series takes a more irreverent look at the DC characters (Picture: DC / HBO Max)Batman fans have been given an unexpected insight into the superhero’s love life, after it was revealed that a scene featuring him performing oral sex on Catwoman was cut from animated series Harley Quinn.In an interview with Variety (via Uproxx), co-creator of the HBO Max show Justin Halpern revealed DC rejected the scene because ‘heroes don’t do that’.‘It’s incredibly gratify
Hollyoaks spoilers: 26 new images reveal baby kidnap horror, traumatic birth shock and sex secret exposedA traumatic birth, a baby kidnapping and a sex secret are just a few reasons why you really shouldn’t miss Hollyoaks next week!(Picture: Lime Pictures)If you like your Hollyoaks spoilers with an extra helping of drama, then you’ve certainly come to the right place.
And just wait until you see what the Channel 4 soap has in store for you next week!Diane Hutchinson (Alex Fletcher) gives birth to a baby girl named Eva, but the birth is a traumatic one, given that the legend has been str
- Who will make it out of surgery alive? (Pictures: BBC)After Evie Fletcher (Phoebe French) and Andrei Tarpov (Sonny Poon Tip) vanished in last week’s Holby City, Fletch (Alex Walkinshaw) obviously feared the worst. And tonight it seems that his fears that Evie might be getting into danger were well-founded, as two stabbing victims are rushed into the hospital – and it’s Andrei and Evie.
What’s happened?A furious Fletch blames Kian (Ramin Karimloo), and as both Evie and And
- via mirror.co.ukBritish backpacker Georgia Laurie, 28, fought off the rampaging crocodile three times after it went for her sister Melissa during a trip to a breeding site in Mexico
Adele has paid tribute to the Grenfell Tower fire victims on the fourth anniversary of the tragedy, and has called for the official inquiry to speed up. The Someone Like You singer appeared in a video released by Grenfell United to remember the 72 people who died in the huge blaze that engulfed the west London tower block on June 14, 2017. Making a rare public appearance, Adel
- via mirror.co.ukSpecialist police officers have been able to comb the 8,796ft Pico Salvaguardia summit where Esther Dingley last made contact with partner Dan Colegate around 4pm on November 22 after the winter snow thawed
- Rachel did not want the role (Picture: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)Rachel McAdams was offered the role of Andy Sachs in The Devil Wears Prada three times before it went to Anne Hathaway.The comedy, set at a fashion magazine just like Vogue, turns 15 this year, and to mark the occasion, Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci and Adrian Grenier, as well as director David Frankel and key crew members, spoke to Entertainment Weekly to give an oral history of the movie.After Anne prev
- Gary Neville was highly critical of the Glazers(Photo by James Gill – Danehouse/Getty Images)Manchester United’s co-chairman, Joel Glazer, claims the fierce criticism aimed at the club’s owners by Gary Neville in recent months has been ‘heard’.
Neville was highly critical of the club’s American owners after United were one of six English clubs to accept a place in the European Super League.
The former United captain urged the Glazer family for the first time t
- Arsenal have failed with an opening bid for Anderlecht starlet Albert Sambi Lokonga (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have had an opening offer of around £13million for Albert Sambi Lokonga turned down by Anderlecht, according to reports in Belgium.
Granit Xhaka looks set to leave Arsenal for Jose Mourinho’s Roma this summer and Mikel Arteta is determined to bring quality to the Emirates to bolster his midfield ranks, with Wolves’ Ruben Neves also heavily linked in recent days.The Gunner
- Is her method right or wrong? (Picture: @marrentreed)Eat your breakfast, drink your water and put on your SPF.
Those are three key things to always remember.
While the the first two literally keep you alive, SPF protects you from the sun’s rays and keeps your skin safe.
By now, we should all be aware of the benefits of wearing SPF daily and most have made it a part of their daily routine.
However, it seems one woman has taken her SPF regimen to the next level.
TikTok user @marentreed has d
- The number of UK workers on payrolls increased by almost 200,000 between April and May this year as the jobs market continued to bounce back from the coronavirus crisis.
- A banner with the logo of Bitcoin is seen during the crypto-currency conference Bitcoin 2021 Convention at the Mana Convention Center in Miami, Florida (AFP)After more than a year of living under restrictions and quarantines to try and stop the spread of Covid 19, thousands of people decided to go to an event about Bitcoin.Unsurprisingly, many attendees are now testing positive for the virus.The Bitcoin 2021 conference was held in Miami from June 4-5 and welcomed 12,000 people through the doors.
- Jennifer Lopez headed to dinner to celebrate her sister’s 50th birthday (Picture: PeBu, Backgrid)Jennifer Lopez gave her impressive abs the shine they deserved last night as she headed out for dinner, hours after being pictured kissing new/old lover Ben Affleck. The Love Don’t Cost A Thing singer was spotted arriving at Craig’s Restaurant in West Hollywood on Monday night to celebrate her younger sister Lynda Lopez’s 50th birthday. Keeping it casual for the spec
- Actress Lisa Banes, known for her work in the films Cocktail and Gone Girl, died on Monday from injuries she sustained when a scooter mowed her down in Manhattan on June 4.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!