- The pair met when Currie interviewed him on show on BBC Radio 5 Live in the late 1990s. Ms Currie, 74, described him as a 'gallant gentleman' with a 'wonderful sense of humour'.
- New South Wales has reported zero locally acquired coronavirus cases on Tuesday for the second day in a row.
- Mark Wright ‘lives with regret of ruining football career’ (Picture: Rex)Mark Wright has confessed he ‘lives with the regret’ of ruining his own career as a professional footballer.
The reality star turned radio DJ, 34, has been busy making a comeback on the pitch, after deciding to give football another shot and signing with League Two team Crawley Town F.C.He made his debut for the club against Leeds United, after previously hanging up his boots at just 20 years old.
- Gary Neville has played with some of the best strikers in Manchester United history (Picture: Getty Images)Gary Neville has picked out Wayne Rooney as the best striker he ever played with during his long and wildly successful time at Manchester United.Rooney recently announced his retirement from playing at the age of 35 as he becomes the full-time manager of Championship side Derby County.Neville was reflecting on his former Manchester United teammate’s career, now it has come to an end,
- What’s coming your way? (Picture: Getty/ Metro.co.uk)Want to know what the stars have forecast for you today?Aries is connecting with close friends and Taurus is chatting to someone about a stumbling block.Pieces, meanwhile, is reflecting on what they want from life.Read on below to find out what the stars have in store for your sign.What star sign are you?
Aries: March 21 to April 20 Taurus: April 21 to May 21Gemini: May 22 to June 21 Cancer: June 22 to July 23 Leo: July 24 to August 23 V
- 'We are treating the case as she's still alive,' the New South Wales Police Commissioner told Sydney radio on Tuesday.
- A total of 41 per cent of 16 to 25-year-olds say they 'always' or 'often' feel down. The figures increase among those who are not in work.
- More criminals are getting away with a slap on the wrist instead of being prosecuted since the pandemic started. A report warns this could make the public lose faith in the criminal justice system.
- Costing just £4, the test is already sent out to over-60s every two years. But scientists from Exeter University say it also works for over-50s who have early signs.
- Many office workplaces in Australia are now practically deserted, with virtual meetings, skeleton staff and empty desks the norm in 2021 due to the global pandemic.
- Victor returns to cause more trouble in Hollyoaks (Picture: Lime Pictures)Victor Brothers (Benjamin O’Mahony) returns in Hollyoaks to pick up from where he left off.
The drug dealer terrorised several residents of the eponymous village last year, and was ultimately responsible for Jordan Price’s (Connor Calland) tragic demise.
With the events of New Year’s Eve having brought unwanted police attention to both he and his operation, Victor has been lying low, but he returns in the
- Ella’s secret is in danger of being revealed (Picture: Lime Pictures)Ella Richardson (Erin Palmer) is harbouring a huge secret in Hollyoaks, as she keeps shtum about the fact that it was she who killed Jordan Price (Connor Calland), and not Charlie Dean (Charlie Behan).
However, could the truth be set to out at last?
It’s certainly a possibility, in spite of Mandy Morgan (Sarah Jayne Dunn) going out of her way to ensure that her daughter’s murder secret remains hidden.
- (Picture: ITV)When Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) was revealed as Al Chapman’s (Michael Wildman) mystery woman in Emmerdale, we all knew the inevitable moment Debbie discovers Al is also with Priya Kotecha (Fiona Wade) will be a huge.
No-one messes with Debbie and Priya, and in upcoming weeks, it seems they are ready to make this perfectly clear to Al as they put their devastating revenge plan into place.Priya discreetly finishes a series of bank transfers, while fighting the urge to unleash
- (Picture: ITV)Manpreet Sharma (Rebecca Sarker) has been more focused on Meena Jutla’s (Paige Sandhu) life than her own lately, but that looks set to change as she comes face to face with a figure from her past, who, in a shocking twist, was under the impression that she had died.In the village, Charles (Kevin Mathurin) and a passing Manpreet catch a glimpse of each other and are both clearly thrown by the encounter.Up at The Hide, Manpreet ‘casually’ asks Rishi (Bhasker Patel)
- Charles and Ethan Anderson in Emmerdale (Picture: ITV)Vicar Charles Anderson (Kevin Mathurin) and his son Ethan (Emile John) are the latest arrivals in Emmerdale.So far Charles has made quite the impact on Harriet Finch (Katherine Dow Blyton) as she continues to struggle following Malone’s (Mark Womack) death, and Ethan has already found himself unintentionally caught up in some village drama after Sarah Sugden (Katie Hill) planted drugs in his coat so he would get arrested instead of her.
- (Picture: BBC)Ballum fans, sit down, take a moment, because after months of drama, heartache, and tears, EastEnders has revealed wedding romance for Ben Mitchell (Max Bowden) and Callum Highway (Tony Clay)!The two of them have been through a lot, but after Callum told Ben and Phil (Steve McFadden) he was being blackmailed by DI Thompson (Phillip Wright), Ben told Jay (Jamie Borthwick) he wants to marry the copper (Callum, not DI Thompson, obviously).After being told Callum can’t pick Lexi
- (Picture: BBC)Frankie Lewis (Rose Ayling-Ellis) has had her world turned upside down in EastEnders after discovering her mother, Katy (Simone Lahbib), abused Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) when he was a child.Since making her discovery Frankie has barely spoken to or seen her mum, and soon upcoming episodes will see her haunted by a tragic death, but what secret is she hiding?Frankie is going to visit the crematorium for the anniversary of her little brother Harry’s death, and she introduces Lin
- (Picture: ITV)Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher) and Asha Alahan (Tanisha Gorey) have been friends for a while, and with Nina offering advice and support to Asha whenever she can, it’s clear there is something between them.Nina reminded Asha she should carve her own path and not let the likes of Corey (Maximus Evans) bully her, and when Corey saw Asha wearing the choker necklace Nina bought her, he ordered her to remove it.Thankfully, Asha stood her ground, and it wasn’t long until she re
- (Picture: ITV)Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) vanishes in Coronation Street next week, but has he been murdered by former accomplice Debbie Webster (Sue Devaney)?In scenes which air this week, Abi Franklin (Sally Carman) decides to dig for some evidence in order to assist Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) — who recently revealed to the police that Ray attempted to rape her.
Therefore, Abi heads to Ray’s hotel, where she overhears a conversation between the sleazy businessman and Susan — aka C
- (Picture: ITV)Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) telling Ken (William Roache) in Coronation Street he’s accepted he’s dying was a heart-breaking moment. After Peter found himself in hospital once more, the doctor told him his liver is failing and since then, Peter has been ignoring the pleads from his family and has continued to turn to drink.With the Barlows desperate for Peter to change his ways, soon Carla (Alison King) takes a turn in trying to make him listen, and results to drastic
Married At First Sight Australia star forced to deny they’re returning to series for third time as fans fumeMarried At First Sight Australia star forced to deny they’re returning to series for third time (Picture: Nine/Instagram)Married At First Sight Australia fans were left fuming over rumours that one of the show’s stars could be returning to the much-loved reality series for the third time.
Elizabeth Sobinoff has already appeared on MAFS Australia twice – first making her debut in season six, where she married Sam Ball, and then returning for season seven and tying the knot with
Love Island stars Yewande Biala and Amber Gill hit back as Lucie Donlan alleges she was ‘bullied’ on the showLove Island star Yewande Biala has responded to Lucie’s claim that she ‘bullied’ her on the show (Picture: REX)Love Island star Yewande Biala has slammed claims allegedly made by Lucy Donlan that she ‘bullied’ her on the show.The pair appeared on the ITV dating series in 2019 along with Amber Gill, who went on to win.Unearthed Instagram comments, seemingly from Lucie, were shared on Reddit and social media on Monday.In the comments she appeared to be responding to a
- Citing Lindell to be a 'prominent leader of the ongoing misinformation campaign', Dominion warned the CEO 'litigation is imminent' for peddling false claims their machines were 'rigged'.
- Joe Biden's youngest brother Frank, 67, spoke in a freewheeling interview to TC Scornavacchi on Monday, podcast host of TC After Dark.
- Heavy rainfall with the potential to produce flash flooding and major river flooding may affect coastal areas between Innisfail and Bowen on Tuesday and Wednesday, the Bureau of Meterology said.
- Romeo Beckham went platinum blonde for the magazine shoot (Picture: L’Uomo Vogue)Victoria Beckham was a ‘proud’ mum as son Romeo Beckham posed for an artsy photoshoot for L’Uomo Vogue, appearing on a cover for the first time.The 18-year-old went platinum blonde for the pictures as he followed in his mum’s fashion footsteps.Romeo was photographed at The Timber Barn on the Munden Estate, just outside London, in December 2020 by Mert and Marcus.Romeo had the sultry mod
- Australian fans of cult burger chain Five Guys are thrilled as they fast food joint reveals its first Australian location. The chain hopes the mid-year opening will be the first of around 20 new stores.
- Queensland reported zero new locally acquired cases of coronavirus on Tuesday.
- Air pollution regulators have granted a request from the Los Angeles County coroner to waive the usual limits on cremations, as 2,700 bodies pile up and a further surge is expected.
- Zookeepers were in awe when Ash the koala crawled down from her perch to introduce herself to Frankie, the baby kangaroo, and now weeks later the pair are inseparable.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!