- via theguardian.comRolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as UK inflation falls to its lowest level since 2015Latest: Economists predict inflation will stay lowIntroduction: CPI tumbles to 0.2%Discount meal deal pulls inflation downCheaper air fares and clothing tooLowest inflation rate since 2015 11.04am BST Deflationary forces are intensifying in the UK, following the slump in inflation last month to a near five-year low, warns Christopher Dembik, Head of Macro Analysis at Saxo Bank.He says
- The CDC's current 'no sail' policy, first put in place in April, was set to expire on Wednesday. Director Robert Redfield's proposal to extend the order until February 2021 was blocked.
- Ryanair raked in £2.5billion and made £7million a day last year as rising numbers of passengers paid extra for priority boarding, checked-in bags and seat reservations.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to add to his squad (Picture: MUTV)Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer refused to speak about the club’s interest in Jadon Sancho following a 3-0 win against Brighton but did admit his board are ‘working hard’ to add to the squad.Goals from Scott McTominay, Juan Mata and Paul Pogba put United into the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.Solskjaer made ten changes to his side and it wasn’t until Pogba and Marcus Rashford emerged from the be
- Kris Jenner has strongly denied the claims (Picture: FilmMagic)Kris Jenner and Kourtney Kardashian have denied their former security guard’s claims of sexual harassment.The former employee, Marc McWilliams, who has filed a suit against Jenner and Kardashian, is thought to have been hired by the mum-of-six in 2017.He reportedly claimed that he became subject to ‘a pattern of unwanted and unwelcome sexual advances and other harassing misconduct.’According to TMZ, McWilliams claim
- The father of four fell when he entered the lift backwards with his trolley when the doors opened - but he didn't see that the shaft was empty and fell to his death
- Nick and Nick helped out a man who was in need of food (Picture: BBC)Ambulance viewers got emotional when paramedics Nick and Nick treated a patient to a McDonalds after finding out he was homeless.
The act of kindness marked the end of the episode, where the pair were called out to a Poundland in Barking after a man was assaulted.
It then transpired that 31-year-old Gavin was assaulted after being accused of trying to shoplift from the store, with the security guard injuring him as he tried to
- The President denied all knowledge of the Proud Boys, after failing to condemn them at last night's TV debate. Here's some other far-right figures Donald Trump doesn't know
- Kyle Rittenhouse's legal team on Tuesday said they are demanding a formal retraction from Biden's campaign after the former VP shared a video clip that suggested the teen was a white supremacist.
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Oscar Isaac are set to take on the roles of the iconic director and producer (Picture: Getty)Jake Gyllenhaal and Oscar Isaac are reportedly set to take the lead in an upcoming movie about the making of The Godfather.Did someone say dream team?Star Wars actor Oscar will take on the role of Francis Ford Coppola, who directed the iconic movie, with Nightcrawler star Jake playing Robert Evans, who produced the flick, according to Deadline.Barry Levinson is reportedly set to helm
- Queensland has opened to about 150,000 more NSW residents after the Sunshine State's border bubble shifted 100 kilometres further south.
- Denise Fergus spoke after a Parole Board refused killer Jon Venables his latest bid for freedom and ruled he must stay in prison - 27 years after the horrific murder of toddler James Bulger
- Samantha X, as she is known, brands herself as a high-class escort who says she comes across all types of men in her line of work - even those in committed, loving relationships with their wives
- Henderson was solid for United (Picture: Getty Images)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has praised Dean Henderson for his key save in Manchester United’s 3-0 Carabao Cup victory over Brighton.Henderson was brought back to Old Trafford after a successful two-year loan spell at Sheffield United and given a bumper new contract upon his return.So far this season, Solskjaer has opted to keep David de Gea as his No.1, but Henderson may now be giving his manager something to think about.Solskjaer may have a
- Iman Vellani will play Ms Marvel (Picture: Marvel)Iman Vellani has been cast as the lead in the Ms Marvel series for Disney Plus.
The Canadian actress will play Pakistani-American teenager Kamala Khan for the latest addition to the adaptations in the MCU.Iman was chosen after Marvel conducted a ‘long and hard’ search over the summer, Deadline reported.
The studios were dedicated to ‘staying true’ to the character and finding the right actress, even if it meant casting som
- Iman Vellani will play Ms Marvel (Picture: Marvel)Newcomer Iman Vellani has been cast as the lead in the Ms Marvel series for Disney Plus.
The Canadian actress will play Pakistani-American teenager, Kamala Khan, for the latest addition to the MCU.Marvel conducted a ‘long and hard’ search over the summer before choosing Iman, Deadline reported.
The studios were dedicated to ‘staying true’ to the character and finding the right actress, even if it meant casting someone who
- The research, by Dutch scientists, found that up to 2.35 extra women in every 100,000 are likely to die from breast cancer because the virus has disrupted screening programmes.
- President Donald Trump bizarrely credited eating McDonald's for his almost-full hairdo in the middle of a post-debate tweetstorm while on board Air Force On Wednesday.
- Most of the cases at the Pilgrim's Pride food factory in Pool, near Redruth, were asymptomatic, the local public health team said.
- The girl was found to have cocaine in her blood after she died (Picture: Getty Images)A girl, three, died from a heart attack after ingesting cocaine brought into her home by her dad, a judge has ruled.The child, named in court only as K, was admitted to hospital with suspected sepsis or meningitis, but collapsed and died on April 6 last year. A post-mortem then revealed she had cocaine in her blood.
Her parents blamed each other for bringing drugs into the property, with the dad claiming her mu
- IVAN MASSOW: What would you save if you could rescue just one thing from your burning home? It's a question all of us contemplate occasionally.
- Anna Turaeva was subjected to "intimate questions" because staff thought she was a man - despite the sportswoman's string of records for representing her country
- As the government's top scientists remind us that coronavirus is far from being eliminated, everyone must follow the rules to avoid a second national lockdown
- United reportedly want Dembele on loan (Picture: Getty Images)Darren Fletcher has warned Manchester United that their transfer move for Ousmane Dembele ‘comes with risks’, citing the Barcelona winger’s injury record and reported poor timekeeping.United’s top priority transfer target all summer has been Jadon Sancho, but with Borussia Dortmund not willing to negotiate on their £110 million valuation, a deal is yet to be struck.Dembele has been identified as an altern
- A Fort Lauderdale police petition revealed a bevy of details about the episode at Brad Parscale's home on Sunday afternoon - describing how the Trump aide's life has spiraled out of control in recent weeks.
- Ant and Dec have arrived at the I’m A Celebrity castle (Picture: Rex/Instagram)Ant and Dec have landed Down Under (in Wales) and have taken a trip to the new location of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here.
The jungle outback show is getting a change of scenery this year thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, and instead will be filmed in Gwrych Castle, Conwy, south Wales.
Alongside a selfie of themselves in the scenic moorland, and a sign clearly showing the way to the new locat
- Utah woman, Larain Latter Jolley (left), has been charged in connection with the kidnapping of her six-year-old grandson, Terran Butler, who was allegedly abducted by his mother, Emily Jolley (right).
- Chief of the Defence Staff General Sir Nick Carter said hostile powers 'cannot afford' a militarised conflict and so are turning to cyber attacks and disinformation.
- Commons science committee chairman Greg Clark demanded 'transparency' over the advice for pubs and restaurants to close at 10pm.
- Thomas Murphy, 61, of Holbrook, New York, will serve at least 8 ⅓ years in prison for the 2018 crash that killed Andrew McMorris in Manorville.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!