Phil is on the warpath in the wake of Kat’s hospitalisation – but will Whitney pay? (Picture: BBC)EastEnders legend Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) was on the warpath tonight (May 13), after Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace) was left to die in the middle of the road, following an hit-and-run.
The question is: will he find out that Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) was responsible?
Whitney – angered that Ben Mitchell (Max Bowden) got his happy ending – set out on a mission to avenge K
Wrestler Melissa Coates dead aged 50, months after lifesaving amputation: WWE stars pay tribute to Super GenieCoates’ fellow stars have paid their respects (Pictures: Getty; Melissa Coates/Instagram)‘Super Genie’ Melissa Coates has reportedly died aged 50, with the wrestling world in mourning.No cause of death has been given for the former bodybuilder, wrestler and manager, who frequently accompanied Sabu to the ring later in her career and was close to the ECW legend.On Wednesday night, a friend wrote on Facebook: ‘This may be the hardest post I have ever made… Just got w
- Zahara, centre, recently underwent surgery (Picture: Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images)Angelina Jolie’s 16-year-old daughter Zahara recently underwent surgery.The 46-year-old said that her daughter, who is black, faced bias due to institutionalised racism after undergoing an operation, when doctors asked if her skin had ‘turned pink’.Angelina spoke to medical student and writer Malone Mukwende as part of her role as contributing editor to Time magazine about his work in exposing insti
- Alana Shaw, pictured with her partner Steven Peel, right, died two days after she was admitted to Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester on May 13, 2021 after being diagnosed with cancer.
- An artist’s impression of an alien planet orbiting a star far, far away (Shutterstock)Humanity has spent a lot of time looking for signs of extraterrestrial life, but less time has been spent pondering whether alien life could be looking for us – until now.Astronomers in New York have narrowed down the list of places where aliens could be watching us to just 29 potential planets.These planets were selected from a potential 1,715 star systems in our neck of the Milky Way where an alie
- Melbourne has only just eased its own coronavirus restrictions after suffering an outbreak last month. But now the city is at risk again.
- The royal household has publicly revealed its numbers of staff from ethnic minorities for the first time (Picture: PA / Getty Images)Buckingham Palace has said it ‘must do more’ after publicly revealing its numbers of staff from ethnic minorities for the first time.Some 8.5% of the royal household’s employees are from ethnically diverse backgrounds, according to its annual financial accounts for 2020 to 2021. It has a target to reach 10% in 2022.The percentage in the UK as a wh
Boy died after playing 'flip the bottle' and slipping onto live train tracks in Bootle inquest hearsJames Myers, 12, was playing the popular 'flip the bottle' game with his friends when he fell and slipped onto 630-voltage live train tracks in Bedford Road, Bootle, dying instantly.
- Face masks are currently required on public transport and inside public places (Picture: REX)People will no longer be required to wear face masks after lockdown is lifted on July 19, the Environment Secretary has said.George Eustice says he will ditch his own mask when the rule is scrapped as he wants to get ‘back to normal’ and accepts a lot of people are sick of wearing them.
So-called ‘Freedom Day’ was meant to be on June 21, but was pushed back to allow more people to
- Samantha returned to Emmerdale as Bernice in May (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale star Samantha Giles has hit back at the trolls who have been contacting her on Twitter.Samantha, who plays Bernice Blackstock in the ITV soap, tweeted a couple of accounts and told them to ‘keep [their] mouth shut’.Yesterday (June 23), Samantha tweeted ‘Thanks to a bunch of selfish yobos outside my hotel have had dreadful nights sleep. Give me animals every time’.Many of Samantha’s followers re
- The furlough scheme has been somewhat of a saving grace for many employers whilst lockdown restrictions have been in place
- Russia's deputy foreign minister Sergey Ryabkov has vowed to bomb a British warship the next time it sails too close to Crimea after warning shots were fired at HMS Defender on Wednesday.
- Britain denied any ‘warning shots’ were fired at its destroyer as it passed through disputed watersRussia has released footage it claims shows a British destroyer being ‘chased out’ of disputed waters by military jets and warships.HMS Defender briefly sailed through territorial waters off the coast of Crimea, which Moscow sees as Russian territory after annexing it from Ukraine in 2014.The Russian Defence Ministry said a patrol ship fired warning shots toward the 152-metr
- The British Heart Foundation welcomed it as a “bold and very positive step" - but the food and dink industry said it was a "headline chasing policy"
- BREAKING NEWS: The building, believed to be an apartment block called Champlain Towers South,collapsed in the early hours near 88th street and Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Hong Kong's biggest pro-democracy tabloid was forced to close under national security law. Readers snapped up the final edition of the paper (pictured). Raab criticised China not showing respect
- David Lauriston, from Lesmahagow, Lanark, poked flight attendant Nicola McDonagh in the face and shoulder as she tried to calm him before threatening to bite one of her colleagues
- 35% say their partner’s sexual technique is the biggest unspoken turn-off. (Picture: Getty/iStockphoto)New research in to British couples has found 45% think talking about sex with their partner is too awkward – and it is impacting our intimacy and pleasure.42% confess there is a specific thing that their other half does in the bedroom which they find a ‘complete turn-off’, with one in ten saying this happens every time they get in between the sheets.And yet… we ar
Denise Welch reveals she walked off Coronation Street set after sexist comment: ‘I felt stinging tears’Denise recalled the upsetting experience on Loose Women (Picture: Lime Pictures/ITV)Denise Welch has recalled a time she walked off set while working on Coronation Street.
The actress, who portrayed Natalie Horrocks on the ITV soap, told her fellow Loose Women panelists about how a director’s rude comment left her in tears.
‘A director once was very, very rude to me, many years ago, on Corrie actually,’ she said to Ruth Langsford, Gloria Hunniford and Carol McGif
- Stephen Hayde, from Tottenham in London, phoned the emergency services when he realised two pensioners who lived alone had left their milk out - he knew something was wrong
- ABC star Annabel Crabb's private texts to a friend of Christian Porter's rape accuser have been released by a court in a surprise twist in the legal saga.
- Matthew Doyle, the ex-Labour prime minister's press spokesman, has been made interim director of communications as the Opposition leader continues his shake-up of his top team.
- Killer Instinct could be making a comeback (pic: Microsoft)Xbox exec Phil Spencer has talked about bringing back fighting game series Killer Instinct, as he also discusses progress on the new Fable.Microsoft seems intent on bringing back almost every classic Xbox franchise and yet one that hasn’t been mentioned in a long while is Killer Instinct, but apparently Phil Spencer is a fan.‘I will just say Matt [Booty] and I have discussed many times KI and where we would like to go with it
- The government is planning to ease restrictions on weddings in England to deal with the huge backlog of those on hold, by allowing fathers to walk their daughters down the aisle without face coverings and guests to move between tables
- New Zealand will keep its border closed to New South Wales for atleast another 12 days, officials said.
- The priest, who has been named by local media as Theofylaktos Komvos, 37, poured acid over seven bishops during his disciplinary hearing at the Petraki Monastery in Athens on Wednesday.
- George Eustice dismissed the idea he would keep wearing face coverings when they are not required, saying: 'I want to get back to normal.'
- Gemma, 35, loves to go big on Christmas (Picture: PA Real Life)Remember the crushing disappointment we felt when our Christmas plans were ‘cancelled’?
Perhaps none felt this as deeply as Gemma Davies.
Gemma, 35, is a self-described Christmas superfan. Each year, she goes big on the day, with a get-together of extended family, plenty of gifts, a slap-up meal, and piles of presents.
So when lockdown scuppered her festive plans, Gemma wasn’t willing to let go of the occasion so ea
- The One Britain song, written by primary school pupils in Bradford, provoked ridicule after it went viral online, with critics calling it 'ridiculous' and 'an embarrassment'.
- Lines stretched around the block at Sydney's vaccinaions centres on Thursday as NSW reported another 11 new cases and sweeping restrictions took affect to tackle the outbreak.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!